Author Topic: EWQLSO Sound Library for composing  (Read 4272 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
EWQLSO Sound Library for composing
« on: June 26, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »
I am hoping to get the EWQL orchestra gold and symphonic choir by the end of the year. c: For those who aren't familiar with them, they are sound libraries used for composing. When you compose music on the computer, it plays the music back with the a sound library to turn the notes into sounds.

So far I've been using default Finale 2006 synths and Garritan Personal Orchestra, which are both considered (especially the prior) more for hearing how the score sounds like for the composer than to be used as a final output. EWQL stuff, however, are designed to be used as final outputs - and it shows, as just the EWQL gold orchestra's soundfont is over 20GB (platinum is over 130GB) vs. Garritan Personal Orchestra's 2GB.

Anyhow, bottom line is that it is arguably the best stuff out there for orchestral sound library for composing goes (although Platinum is better than Gold, but Gold has most of the Platinum stuff in it).

Enough talk, check out the sample demo songs made with it (on the right column):

Orchestral:
http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Gold-Pro-XP-pr-EW-160PRO.html

Choir:
http://www.soundsonline.com/EastWest-Quantum-Leap-Symphonic-Choirs-pr-EW-165.html

:o *drools* Can't wait. Imagine revamping the current songs with the sound quality of that! c':
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:21:12 PM by Reives »

Tenken

• Tier 2
  • lolwut?
Re: EWQLSO Sound Library for composing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:21:58 PM »
Holy F**K
Thats on a totally different level. Professional orchestral sounds apparently rule.  :o

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »
WOW! It's even better than Garritan? I'm certainly looking forward to that! :)  Those choir sounds are really sweet! I bet if you remade that choiry song in Chapter 3 with that it would be really, really cooler than it already is. (I happen to disagree with LB on that one  ;))
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
The sample songs are awesome. My favorite is "The Summoning"

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »
Ah, I didn't even see that Summoning song before. It certainly is sweet; the choir is from the Symphonic Choir instead of within the Gold Orchestra version though.

I might be getting Colossus too, which has a lot of modern and misc. instruments; including a nice guitar! c:

http://www.soundsonline.com/Quantum-Leap-Colossus-pr-EW-164.html

(The site's demo tracks for all the products are really nice to listen to for leisure by the way, hahah.)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:37:55 AM »
(I just hate synthetic male voices. I sing Gregorian chants, and thus dislike the horrible attempt at simulating a really low male voice. The song is cool)

DUDE, if you ever get that music sound in quintessence, even MY MOM would be sucked into the story  :o

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
EWQLSO: Incoming [~2 weeks]!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »
The music file size will not get larger, since the time and bitrate will still be the same. c: I should be revamping as much as I feel need (preferably all), but due to time constraint, you never know.

Something with composing with sound libraries, though - It seems like the product completed from working with one sound library sometimes does not sound as fitting on another, since there are some differences that may shape the way things are written.

------------

Good news; looks like I should be getting the packages much, much earlier than expected - on August 3rd or so! That's about 2 weeks from now. :D

Including EWQLSO Platinum, symphonic choir, colossus (which has guitars/drums and a lot of modern stuff/atmosphere sounds) and ethnic (Asian/Native etc.) instruments bundle. The whole thing's like 200GB or something.  :o

Let's just hope my laptop can handle it. It only has 2GB RAM and I can't add anymore.

BradleyDFC

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
Wow you're getting platinum?
 :reivsmile: