Author Topic: Playing To The Moon in Wine on Mac  (Read 23407 times)

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Playing To The Moon in Wine on Mac
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »
developer demo of TtM?
No, that shouldn't be open source, unless Kan tells us so. There is no way to stop spreading the files once they are public. What exactly are you trying to do?

Or do you mean some other software?
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

darklord42

• abt-port
  • Tier 2
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
??
We aren't talking open source. None of this has anything to do with source code.

This is the demo he freely distributes on his site, that says pay now or only play for 1hr. With an option to put in your user key. (And I'm not going to distribute mine so this has same restrictions)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:35:26 AM by darklord42 »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »
When you said "developer demo" I assumed you had one of the releases for translation work.

But you are talking about the official demo with 1 hour testing time. I see no problem with linking that one :)
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

darklord42

• abt-port
  • Tier 2
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:09 AM »
Unfortionatly the crash i thought was fixed apparently wasn't.  Stange it worked once then went back to behavior as normal.  As Neil it crashes when you turn on the lamp in the secret basement room revealing the origami rabbits.

Does this happen in wine in linux?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:19:30 AM by darklord42 »

darklord42

• abt-port
  • Tier 2
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Well in wine 1.5.27 they fixed the crash with the .rgssad file reading, so all the hoops with extracting it are no longer necessary.   I still get that crash with Dr watz when he turns on the light in the secret rabbit filled room.  Has anyone else seen this crash?

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Crash after turning the lights on only occurs with DRM versions. I tried the demo version from the official website and it had the same problem.
Then I bought the DRM-free version from Gog* and it worked great, I just finished this amazing game on my Mac.

* I dont know if it is a regular policy of Gog but their installer tried to install Foxit too. I chose options before installing the game and deselected Foxit. It does not matter that much when you make a separate wine bottle/wrapper just for To The Moon though.