Author Topic: Can't even get the equipment out of the car!  (Read 2680 times)

megore

• Tier 2
Can't even get the equipment out of the car!
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:24:10 AM »
I started the game on full screen mode.

It's literally the start of the game.  I left-clicked on the trunk of the car but Dr. Roseleen's dialogue window wouldnn't go away and nothing was happening.

I was stuck there and couldn't even quit the game.  Pressing ESC didn't help.  There was no menu at the bottom of the screen.  In the end, I had to force the computer to restart in order to get out of the game. 

What am I missing here?

megore

• Tier 2
Re: Can't even get the equipment out of the car!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:36:10 AM »
I opened the game again and reloaded and found myself stuck at the same place. 

There's no menu, no options menu, no option to set the game in windows or fullscreen mode.  No key I press is helping.  The window saying "Left-click an object to interact with it" is all there is at the bottom of the screen. 

I have to restart the computer again to get out of the game. 

Pressing ESC doesn't do anything. 

Is this supposed to happen?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
Hi megore. What the--, that quite strange. It's hard to tell exactly what is causing that, but one of the solutions from this site might help:
http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8154&forum=13
Perhaps try the 5. about the DEP first.^

Let me know if it works out! Sorry for the inconvenience.

megore

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
I'm not finding what I'm supposed to do with the DEP. 

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. 

My Control Panel options don't even have a "Performance and Maintenance" option, so I'm completely in the dark what I'm supposed to look for here.  Am I suppose do something with DirectX?  The DirectX on my computer was updated days ago, before I got TO THE MOON.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »
Hm, sorry for the inconvenience meg; I'll try my best to help, but it's 4:30am at the moment and I still need to get the OST out by the morning, so it might be a bit before I get to it. Hope you understand! As soon as I'm back I'll try to find out what's going on -- in the mean time, hopefully something from that thread helps.

tuffalobuffalo

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »
Alt+Enter switches between fullscreen and windowed mode.  F1 will bring up an options menu (the options are a little limited, but you could try switching a few things on or off).  I would also recommend starting the game from the beginning rather than from the save.  Maybe starting fresh would help. 

F12 pauses the game IIRC.  I'm not sure if there are any other function keys that do anything.  Esc or right mouse button click brings up the menu where you can save and look at inventory stuff.

Try using the arrow keys to move around and use Enter or Space as your action button (both work).  I played the game with the arrow keys because I thought it was easier.

Ashok0

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
This sounds similar to a problem I'm having.  I can start the game but can't get the equipment out of the car, there is no mouse cursor and the keyboard does not respond.