Author Topic: Problem with progressing  (Read 2243 times)

Protoclown

• Tier 1
Problem with progressing
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:54:38 AM »
Hey, loving the game so far and really want to finish it but have encountered a problem...

My mouse clicks are not being registered, both  for character movement and bringing up the menu. I can still move the mouse over the screen and the cursor will change from arrow to footsteps, also it will activate the timeline at the top of the screen. I am currently in the memory where John throws a hacky sack (hopefully that is specific enough without being a spoiler).

I haven't saved since close to the start of the game so I am hoping I can salvage my progress.  The game is still running in the background.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Problem with progressing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:36 AM »
Hi Proto. Hm, that's really strange. . . have you tried restarting the computer? Don't worry about saving your progress - there is an auto-save at the bottom slot that keeps you up to date. In the very worst case scenario, the game can be played completely with keyboard (arrow keys and enter key), but it seems like a restart should fix it.

Let me know if it works out!

Protoclown

• Tier 1
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:51:57 AM »
Awesome thanks Reives for the quick reply, that's a huge relief that there is autosave.

I ran the game a few more time just to test the bug out.

When I reloaded the same thing occurred just after hopping over the log at this spot:
http://i.imgur.com/1FrwR.png

It also happened after a restart and then again after setting the compatibility to XP mode (I'm on Win7 64-Bit)

The arrow controls for movement are also disabled each time but work fine before hand.

Fortunately I can move forward in the game because there is a log that doesn't have this issue just above.

Back to playing ^_^

thegulagorkestar

• Tier 1
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 06:19:50 AM »
I had the exact same problem in the exact same place.