Author Topic: Changing resolution?  (Read 34447 times)

Feriluce

• Tier 1
Changing resolution?
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
Is there anyway to change the resolution of the game? I think it runs in 640x400, which isn't that great to play in on my 1920x1200 monitor. As far as I can see theres no ingame options to change it, and I cant see anything in the ini files either.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Changing resolution?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
Why isn't that a good resolution for it? It's got the same proportions as your monitor does.

Anyways, I don't think there is. The only two options are fullscreen mode or windowed mode (press alt+enter, I think. Either that or ctrl+enter, but I think it's the first one).

tuffalobuffalo

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »
When I take screenshots in windowed mode (Alt+Enter), it comes out as being 640x480 which is a 4:3 resolution.  Blowing it up to full screen stretches the image on 16:10 and 16:9 monitors which is a bit annoying.  Most of the screenshots being posted in the reviews are in stretched mode so things like the moon aren't round.

I tried using Windows Magnifier on the windowed mode just to blow it up a little bit which sorta worked.  In the end I just played it stretched, though.

An example of the proper 4:3 screenshot at native resolution:

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
Well it is based on a program that puts the graphics out as 640x480. The best thing that I know of is to use Alt + Enter.

Sorry. :reivsweat:

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
I play it at 1440x900 and have no problems with that.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
There is a solution -- every (I think) monitor has its internal ability to handle full screen display; if you press the physical Menu button on your actual monitor, there should be an option (possibly under Options) that allows you to choose between either stretching it or keeping the original ratio and filling the gaps with black bars. :)

tuffalobuffalo

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »
There is a solution -- every (I think) monitor has its internal ability to handle full screen display; if you press the physical Menu button on your actual monitor, there should be an option (possibly under Options) that allows you to choose between either stretching it or keeping the original ratio and filling the gaps with black bars. :)

I'm going to have to check my monitors at home and see if any of them have that setting.  My laptop keeps the aspect ratio by letterboxing which is nice.  Maybe I can get my desktop monitors to do that too.

Pixel_Donkey

• Tier 1
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »
The resolution is the only complaint I have about the game... other than that its one of the best games I've ever played.

Running in full screen at 1920 x 1080 slightly stretched the image so it appeared blurry. I tried to change my monitor but it said the aspect was right and it was at 640 x 400 but was still blurry.

The only way around it was to press 'WINDOWS and +' to open Window 7's magnifier and then play it at 200%. I really wish there was an in game option to play at 200% as it still looks perfect.