Author Topic: Really great...  (Read 1994 times)

SteelRiverSavior

• Tier 1
Really great...
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
I registered just to post this comment, because I'm about an hour into To the Moon, and am really blown away by the work you've done.

I remember playing Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES, and some of the more serious scenes (especially the 'opera' scenes with Celes and Locke) really affected me when I was younger.  I got so obsessed with the stories in that game!  Something about the quality of writing (even though it was a poor translation at times), and the ability to overlay so much of my own emotions on such simplistic graphics / movements / no voices.  It draws me in like a book.

I first played Quintessence quite awhile back, but I remember getting bored really quickly for some reason.  I'm sure that was more my own state of mind than the quality / approach of the game.  And I hope you don't take offense to my calling your graphics 'simplistic', I definitely mean it in a positive way, such that the old console RPG style allows you to put so much of your own brain into the character's faces and motions, much as you would imagining a moving part of a story.

Anyway, as I'm pretty much rambling, just wanted to praise your game, and say that as a hobbyist writer / programmer, I can only aspire to create games and stories as meaningful as yours.

Thanks!

SRS

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Really great...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
I'm really glad that you like it, SRS! :D