Author Topic: Enex 2 [COMPLETE!]  (Read 40671 times)

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
Re: Enex
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »
Nono, don't misunderstand.  Having an entire dungeon that you can't brute-force your way through is hardly a bad thing.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
I think you misunderstood what I said in my post, but thanks anyway.

This is the last screenshot from Light Realm. I swear!

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »
Awesome as always, Erichermit.  I too am interested in how a boss with no attacks could hurt the party- assuming, of course, that some unique and nasty status effect isn't launched before the battle or something obvious like that.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
Awesome as always, Erichermit.  I too am interested in how a boss with no attacks could hurt the party- assuming, of course, that some unique and nasty status effect isn't launched before the battle or something obvious like that.

That's basically what Plague did.  He Doomed the party prior to the fight, and then spammed haste on them to make the counter tick faster.  Doom kills the party when a 30-second timer empties.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »
Sounds like a twisted boss fight, definitly something I would want to try out.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:22 PM »
Wow, that plague boss sounds awesome!

The "quirk" to that boss is that is he has two helper monsters. This is pretty regular for boss monsters to start off with some helpers, but this one does nothing but heal them, casts stat buffs on them (Really good ones, x1.5 every stat), revive them if you kill them, and has one offensive move (which doesnt really count) which removes all the stat buffs you may have tried to put on yourself. It gets really challenging, because using spells that remove their stat buffs is useless because the boss will just buff them up again. Trying to buff yourself up is useless as the monster will remove them from you, and trying to kill the monsters is also useless as he'll bring them back.

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2008, 08:01:31 AM »
So you just have to attack the boss until he dies and then you can start killing the helper monsters?
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:29 AM »
Gah, I hated Plague... >.>

Hmm, sounds interesting.  Bring healing items no doubt.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »
Well, basically yeah. I never really envisioned the battle with that boss as a puzzle in a puzzle, but rather a boss that threw a slightly different challenge at you (as most times youre under attack by multiple creatures, you can kill them off/status them and not have to worry about them.) and required a slight change in strategy (as usual strategy includes buffing yourself and killing the small guys first.) It's also just plain difficult, like any old hard boss, because the two helpers get really quick and powerful and really give your characters a difficult time to win. Sorry if that disappoints you :(.

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
Reminds me of a battle I did awhile ago actually.  The boss was offensively potent, and would auto-rez/heal/restore status to his minions every 3-4 turns.  The minions were actually somewhat weak, but could cast moderate healing spells on their charge and inflicted nasty status effects.  I'm not disappointed at all with this one, it's not as simple as just beating him down if it's anything like the aforementioned fight.  He really forces you to play defensively.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2008, 07:15:36 PM »

Some joke weapons, earnable via an optional event. Theyre useless in battle, but actually do have a use worth getting them. Mostly theyre just funny to have, I think.

I sprited the icons.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
  Joke weapons are fun and all, however I don't recommend having them sold at shops like the screen suggests.  It's generally more amusing (and really, finding this stuff sold in shops breaks any atmosphere in the game and really screams "indie game" at you) as easter eggs, usually in things like dungeons (i.e. getting into a well hidden room and opening the chest, with perhaps some humorous commentary from the characters).  Why is it really different?  For one thing, it gives hardcore gamers a feeling of accomplishment to find these little random things.
  It looks like I'm just over-analyzing a little joke, doesn't it?  I'll shut up now. :x
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2008, 09:16:44 PM »
Muffin, he mentioned they were a reward for an optional event.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
(Lol @ "Om nom nom nom stab"; took me a moment to get since I never saw the English "word" for that. :p )
I agree with MrMuffin's points though, it seems like it would have a better feel if they were found in the wild or outside of a shop, even if as quest rewards somehow.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
Man I wish people would read what I posted beneath these screenshots before they comment on em. =P

They are rewards for an optional event, not buyable from a shop =P. And yes, there is humorous commentary from the heroes about them.

But I suppose I should of taken the screenshot in a place that doesn't look just like a shop. XD