Author Topic: Enex 2 [COMPLETE!]  (Read 41662 times)

JJ the pingu

• Tier 6
  • pingus can talk too!
Re: Enex
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 02:00:48 AM »
Thanks for the support guys =)

And Valtier, I'm actually not sure what my current status is on if I'll have trouble finding beta testers are the sort. I have a feeling a lot of the beta testers I accepted a while back have left the respective forums they wanted to betatest from, so I may have quite a few less testers than I expect.

Also, nobody else from this forum has asked, so if you'd be up to it, I'm sure I'd like to have you help betatest soon.

yaa me too if you need any help :)
no comment

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:49 AM »
That's a shame, but on the upswing, it sounds like quite a few of us are willing to lend a hand ;)  Keep at it, I can't wait to see the finished project.  Good luck!

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

A Shadow-Themed temple to the ancient hero, Rekkesh. The objective of the puzzle in this room is to turn all the floorless area into a spot with a flame on it. If you step on a flame, it goes out. This room is easy to figure out but there are later and tougher rooms with a similar way to get through.

It's been a while since I last posted a screenshot so.. I'm overdue for some hype fodder =P

@Valtier: Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the loss of beta testers as a lot of people seem to be willing to help, especially here =). I'm very glad to see so many people excited for my game, I hope it lives to your expectations. By the way, your name constantly reminds me of a FE: Sacred Stones villian named Valter. Just thought I'd tell you. XD

@Jjannem+Ruzu: Thanks for the offer =) I'll look into picking beta testers once Im ready to send it out so I don't end up having what happened last time again XD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:22:23 PM by Erichermit »

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
It looks really good, i wanna play :>
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
Guh?  o.o  You're right... I didn't realize that.  Valtier is the name of an antagonist from an RM2k3/XP/whatever-I-decide-to-use-when-I-get-around-to-it-again project, didn't realize that I'd unintentionally snatched a FE villain's name.

I'm getting the impression that this will have a number of puzzles in it.  I lurv me puzzles.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »
Cool stuff Eric, good to see ya around again. Now take a final breath and finish this thing. c:

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »
This is definitely one that I'm looking forward to playing, but I'm kind of amused that Kan called you Eric. For some reason I always read your name as E-richer-mit, not Eric Hermit.  :P
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
@Valtier: You should learn to use a lance. Also, yes, It does have quite a few puzzles and reflex-challenges. =) I try to add a bunch to keep the dungeons from becoming stale.

@Reives: Will do! I'm too close to not finish now =X

@Abigailian: I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to playing it! =) You wouldn't believe how many people don't know what my username is. Half the people who see it think it's "Enrichment". On Runescape this kid walked up to me and told me "ur name is wat I hav 4 2nd period." and I was so confused for a bit. And then the other 25% think it's E-richer-mit. Which I don't understand. I mean. Eric is a word. Hermit is a word. Shouldn't the mind seperate this into two words it knows? I mean. Richer isn't a word. Neither is mit. So how does that happen XD. I also get E-Rich-Ermit. XD

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »
It's just that the end of the first word and the beginning of the second word form something that looks like they're together  ("ch"). :P Threw me off at first too.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »

The town of Chilinry is out of the way. Built on the Fimbeln Glacis, a inhospitable but pristine and beautiful mountain, it very rarely gets visitors or contact from the outside world. It is for the most part, self sufficient. There is a yearly stock up of goods from below the mountain in summer to last them fall and winter. Word was that Chilinry was failing and the people were not able to provide enough food for themselves due to a infection of the food, but everything seems to have solved itself inexplicably.

However, as if to keep things tough for life on the Glacis, the undead have begun to appear in the Fimbeln Glacis, leading to suspicion of a cult practicing Necromancy in the area.

JJ the pingu

• Tier 6
  • pingus can talk too!
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »
awsome map  ;D
no comment

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
One of the charcthers have the old Vikon head  ;D
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
That snow map looks neat, but I could have sworn you put that puzzle screen up somewhere else a while back.  By the way, how's progress going on that final dungeon I heard about several months ago? (the one with the scrolling panorama as a floor.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
Re: Enex [New Screenshot on last post]
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »
@Jjanem: Thanks =)
@Muffin: Yep! Lol. When I was playing Q a bit ago I noticed that too.
@Mr. Muffin: Thanks. Yes, the puzzle screen was put up on RMXP.org a while ago. The final dungeon has made very little progress as I've been working on other areas of game lately. I have the mapping of it done, for the most part, but I still need to code in the puzzles and minigames.

Edit: I'm going to throw in a new screenshot here!

Final Dungeon pix :O

I'm so close! I'm actually making the final dungeon omgbbq!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:24:57 PM by Erichermit »

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Enex [Look at the new screenshot last post]
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »
oooh.... purty!
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something