Author Topic: Enex 2 [COMPLETE!]  (Read 45745 times)

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Enex [COMPLETE: looking for beta testers]
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2011, 02:41:16 AM »
All right. After consistent flip flopping I will tell everyone that this is now my official stance on what is going to happen with Enex2:

I have worked on this game too terribly long to see it possibly not see the light of day due to my attempts of commercialization. The game is practically impossible to convert from RTP to full custom without a dedicated team of spriters and would still need a lot more work. Seeing as how the game is truly finished now, I'd MUCH rather just release the darn thing for free and take people's happiness as payment instead. I'll look for commercial options separate from this.

Now I need one last thing! Beta Testers. Truly. If you are willing to devote about 50 hours to this massive game for quality checking and bugtesting to help me in this final stretch to true release, send me a Private Message and I will send you the game. After the game is bugtested and it has been cleaned up accordingly, I will release the polished version for all the internet to enjoy.

Do not apply to being a bugtester unless you feel you can devote about 50 hours to it and am willing to write down a list of quality notes and bugs as you play to send me. (Any text format is fine.)

Cheers!

Erichermit

• Tier 4
Re: Enex 2 [COMPLETE!]
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2013, 10:13:50 PM »
Hello Freebird Games.

This has been a long time delayed. Far too long. With a desire for perfection I remade and remade Enex2 (I would say the game has been entirely reworked at least 3 times.) Never feeling like the game was suitable for release, I always could think of one or three more things that the game totally and absolutely needed before I could release it.

However, this desire for perfection was flawed, because I could never reach it. Eventually I burned out and tucked the game shamefully away in a corner.  This is true no more, however! While the game is by no means perfect, and I certainly can think of at least 3 ways I'd like to make it better, I unfortunately live in the real world where there are many different activities and ideas that vie for my attention. That is why I have chosen to finally release this game.

If I had to make a wild estimate, I'd say this game was finished more than 3 years ago. I worked on it for years. I have literally spent thousands of hours on this endeavor, and I hope you will enjoy it!

Game Download Link: Enex2 Download (Version 1.2)

Also, could I get a staff member to move this to Completed Games?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:21:16 PM by Erichermit »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »
Downloading!

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »
Thread move request granted.

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »

Lava in an ice cave, reminds me of The Maw of Chaos from Thief: The Dark Project.

In any case, this game looks really pretty. I just want to know how the turn based combat system works, as I'm not a fan of turn based combat. Merlandese, tell me please. :)

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of turn-based combat nowadays either. If I were to start this game from the start, I'd definitely make it action oriented. My preferences for play style have shifted much over the years, and Enex, being so old, reflects a former version of myself more than my current self.

Alternatively, (something I never got to and never will get to) I was hoping to take a page out of paper mario and make it so that while the game was turn-based, you had to have timed / reflex challenges to perform your attacks / skills / defend against enemy attacks in order to improve (or reduce, if you failed) your potency. This would make the combat more exciting and skill based than turn-based and strategy based.

I'm going to guess that if you don't like turn based combat, you probably won't be overly fond of Enex2, unfortunately, or at least you wont be fond of the combat. And seeing as how it's an RPG, that is likely to be rather important.

But thank you for the kind comments on my mapping!

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Just fixed a bug in the compression... Bit early for that. X_X The new download should work!

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
 :o

i have to download it again  D':

Cef

• Tier 5
  • BLUH
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2013, 05:07:57 AM »
BAHAHAHA I had so much fun messing with the beta, shame my hard drive crashed and burned before I got to finish. Erich told me I was pretty near the end though, so I'm pretty sure I had almost all the bugs cleaned out

Anyways, I'm STILL impressed by the mapping all throughout the game, though with my current computer being horrendously slow, it lagged like crazy. The dialogue could do with a bit of spicing up, but it's also fine by itself, sorta reminds me of really old RPGs and their dialogues lol.

Glad you actually put this as finished, Erich, it was a long fun haul ^w^
And furthermore...

HATS! :hatsale!: :mimihat:

Spoiler: show

milestone121

• Tier 2
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:01 PM »
Hello, at the end or towards the end after defeating Rekkesh in the Shadow Realm, my screen goes white with Shadow Realm background music and then nothing happens. Is that how the game ends? I can also access the game menu from that screen but the story doesn't continue. lol please I hope this is not how it all ends I have wasted my time playing this if so.... please help sorry if I revealed too much of ur game here

milestone121

• Tier 2
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 03:19:46 PM »
Was the download on the first page of this thread ur most updated copy of the game download? The game has a great story and just want to it to the end.

Erichermit

• Tier 4
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
It seems you've found a bug! No, that's not how the game is meant to end! There is an ending sequence. I'll take action to remedy this today. Could I get you to send me your save file in Private Message? I think it'd make fixing / finding the bug much quicker for me.

Also, congratulations on getting so far! :) You're the first person who has reported back game completion. I am curious to see if you have defeated any of the Hades Spirits (The dudes stuck in the crystals.)

milestone121

• Tier 2
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »
Will do but I can't seem to find the attach file function on the personal message interface on this forum? Is there something else I do here instead? I can see the attach function on this reply to thread thing but not for the personal messages. Thats weird. I have defeated some of the hades spirits specially the first and second ones, they were hard but I managed to do it with lot of healing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:20:00 PM by milestone121 »

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »
You could just post it here in the thread. :seraismile: Unless you don't want anyone stealing your save.

Spoiler: show

~

milestone121

• Tier 2
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
I thought it's not allowed to simply post a save file on a thread or rather I thought it might be inappropriate. But if Erichermit is okay with that then I will do so. I will wait for him. Thanks Tumbles for ur advice :)