Author Topic: Recommend some Television!  (Read 6452 times)

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Recommend some Television!
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
How is Heroes? My brother watched it when it was on, but I never really paid much attention to it.

Like I said the first season was great, I really liked it. The second was ok, but it got screwed over by the writers strike kinda ruined the second season, and the third just got really stupid, I quit after like an episode of the forth season.

And Merlandese it's not just American TV shows that suffer from that.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Recommend some Television!
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
... the first season was so good then it went downhill.

That sounds like a description of almost every American television show. Rather than create a good story and hope it sells well, American television directors/writers create a good premise with no definite conclusion and then see how many story arcs they can squeeze in before cancellation. Any certain conclusions that might've existed are postponed until the show's inevitable end, and they either get realized too late because the audience has learned not to care about this obviously unimportant result, or not at all because the progression of the show has outpaced the premise into obsolescence.

I'm pretty sure all of Joss Whedon's shows had an ending in mind from the beginning (I know at least Dollhouse and Firefly did [or at least a story]), but his always get canceled before their time, and he has to cram all of his awesomeness into his one season.