Author Topic: Recommend some Television!  (Read 6789 times)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Recommend some Television!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Oh my goodness, yes, you do! How far did you get? Do you remember much of it?

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
I watched the whole thing. I still know how that show ended. Sadly, I can't remember much of it. However, there are still parts of that musical episode stuck in my head. I loved that one! ='D

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »
Haha, that musical episode is awesome! I listened to the soudntrack today :P Do you remember the episode "The Body"?

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
Luck you. :P No, I don't. It's been so long since I last watched it. 9+ years or so? D: Gotta watch it again sometime. Will be interesting to see if I still like it. o:

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »
WATCH IT NOW! :P

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
Wow, Vasha. Didn't know you could be this "persistent". :P Where can I find it? There aren't all episodes on youtube and right now I don't have the money to pay for it. :seraisweat:

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
Haha, I can be very obsessive when I want to be :P

I watch most of my television at tv-links.eu, or tv.blinkx.com if I have to. :D

Avarlie

• Tier 6
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
Buffy seems like it was on so long ago...

Dr Who the Widow and the Wardrobe is on tonight!

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
Ooh, yeah! What did you think?

Spoiler: my thoughts • show
I thought it was overall an okay episode. There were good points and there some kind of meh points. Like the fact that the wife is all "Oh, my husband was an airplane pilot, he took me up once, NOW I CAN DRIVE SOME ALIEN WALK-Y THINGY." Nuhuh, that's not how it works. But... other than that I don't think I have any major complaints. I love how the Doctor just kind of kept getting frustrated with the girl for not listening to him, and also his constant "I know" at the beginning :P I was watching this on the television, and at 9:00 the part where the tree-queen put the ring on Cyril's head, and I was totally like "HOW ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THIS THEY ONLY HAVE LIKE A MINUTE LEFT??? O_O" But then it turned out they actually didn't cut down the special for television like they usually do and so I was full of squee!

Oh, also, another thing: the three people that Madge meets in the forest was just kind of... meh. The trio of bumbling idiots is overdone, and they would NOT just LEAVE her there when they left WHEN THE WHOLE PLACE IS ABOUT TO BE INCINERATED. I loved Madge being a total awesome-face, though, crying and then pulling a gun out on them. "I'm frong England, and there's a war going on."

Avarlie

• Tier 6
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 11:13:45 AM »
Spoiler: show
thought it was overall an okay episode. There were good points and there some kind of meh points. Like the fact that the wife is all "Oh, my husband was an airplane pilot, he took me up once, NOW I CAN DRIVE SOME ALIEN WALK-Y THINGY." Nuhuh, that's not how it works.
I thought that it was all right but I prefer the Dickensian Christmas special better. Yeah the controls to a plane look totally different to the alien walker thingy. Even if it was similar to a plane she only went up once. Who knows maybe it is kinda easy to control like that giant orb mother ship at the end. I thought that was a little lame to save the day by believing. Plus they had already used that technique in the dolls ep and the ep when the doctor was poisoned. When I was talking to my sister about the part in the dolls ep when the dad had to save George by believing she was like ‘Have the writers been watching kiddy animes or somethin’ !?”
I love how the Doctor just kind of kept getting frustrated with the girl for not listening to him, and also his constant "I know" at the beginning
That part was fun when he just assumes everyone knows about hidden dimensions as well as when he was excitedly showing them the rooms like a little kid.
I was watching this on the television, and at 9:00 the part where the tree-queen put the ring on Cyril's head, and I was totally like "HOW ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THIS THEY ONLY HAVE LIKE A MINUTE LEFT???
When that was happening I though ‘Run away Syril! It is moving incredibly slow you can escape!!!’ But then at the end it was explained when his mother was mesmerised by its glowiness.
Oh, also, another thing: the three people that Madge meets in the forest was just kind of... meh.
I thought the guy in the middle (I think he’s from Black Books) had and incredible voice and his monologues feel really grand.

The trio of bumbling idiots is overdone, and they would NOT just LEAVE her there when they left WHEN THE WHOLE PLACE IS ABOUT TO BE INCINERATED
Yeah the sudden abandonment and how they reacted to Magde didn't make sense to me. But I still thought they were funny. Why were they even there if the whole place was going to be destroyed within minutes. I also think that it took much longer than 5mins to reach the kids and leave. The doctor must have incredible eyesight to recognise Madge from such distance when she’s in the robot thing.

-It was funny when the Doctor asked Madge how she met her husband and she said ‘he followed me home everyday…’ and I though ‘Gaah crazy stalker guy call the police!’
-I had a feeling that the dad would return. I’d prefer if he didn’t but it’s a Christmas special so I guess they needed a happy ending.
-I like how the forest formed an illusion of a building for a honey trap and was clever enough to think of an escape plan. It reminds me of how my friend was telling me about a forest in New Zealand where people have tried to settle there on many occasions but the forest won’t let them. I like to think that forest spirits are real…
-The theory about how everything is connected even if they’re in different timelines or worlds was interesting. Its partly true though how everything that we create is inspired by something else.
-Did you notice that the last season of Dr Who had the ‘difficulty of parenting’ theme going on?

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
Spoiler: show
thought it was overall an okay episode. There were good points and there some kind of meh points. Like the fact that the wife is all "Oh, my husband was an airplane pilot, he took me up once, NOW I CAN DRIVE SOME ALIEN WALK-Y THINGY." Nuhuh, that's not how it works.
I thought that it was all right but I prefer the Dickensian Christmas special better. Yeah the controls to a plane look totally different to the alien walker thingy. Even if it was similar to a plane she only went up once. Who knows maybe it is kinda easy to control like that giant orb mother ship at the end. I thought that was a little lame to save the day by believing. Plus they had already used that technique in the dolls ep and the ep when the doctor was poisoned. When I was talking to my sister about the part in the dolls ep when the dad had to save George by believing she was like ‘Have the writers been watching kiddy animes or somethin’ !?”
Yeah, I think that one was better, too. And all of the supposed "save the day by belieivng" plots had a twist. Some of them were kind of hokey, but they weren't straight up cliche. This one, she didn't really "save the day by believing," but the aliens had taken over her body and were using her mind to control where they were going, she just had to redirect her mind (though side-note: did Madge's husband follow her THROUGH THE TIME VORTEX? Or did she leave the time vortex right in front of him, and then he followed her home there? I suppose that makes sense...) The doll episode wasn't really believing, it was that the kid needed to know he was loved. He was doing all of this stuff because he was made for them to love him, and they weren't. And then the Let's Kill Hitler episode wasn't about beleiving at all. Though I'm not really sure I like it, anyways... River... gave him her regenerations? How does that work? And it said that he wouldn't be able to regenerate from that anyways, so, what, did she... turn her regenerations into life energy or something and give it to him? :P Kind of strange.
Oh, also, another thing: the three people that Madge meets in the forest was just kind of... meh.
I thought the guy in the middle (I think he’s from Black Books) had and incredible voice and his monologues feel really grand.
But they just were pointless. They were fine actors, they were just pointless and kind of cliche.
The trio of bumbling idiots is overdone, and they would NOT just LEAVE her there when they left WHEN THE WHOLE PLACE IS ABOUT TO BE INCINERATED
Yeah the sudden abandonment and how they reacted to Magde didn't make sense to me. But I still thought they were funny. Why were they even there if the whole place was going to be destroyed within minutes. I also think that it took much longer than 5mins to reach the kids and leave. The doctor must have incredible eyesight to recognise Madge from such distance when she’s in the robot thing.
Well, the acid rain had already started when she got there, so... I don't know.
-It was funny when the Doctor asked Madge how she met her husband and she said ‘he followed me home everyday…’ and I though ‘Gaah crazy stalker guy call the police!’
Oh my goodness, I think I thought that, too! :P
-The theory about how everything is connected even if they’re in different timelines or worlds was interesting. Its partly true though how everything that we create is inspired by something else.
I... don't remember that part :seraisweat:
-Did you notice that the last season of Dr Who had the ‘difficulty of parenting’ theme going on?
Haha, I didn't! Nice catch! :P

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
So I started watching LOST, a week ago today, and I've been spending all my freetime watching it. I just started the second season last night, and this show is just SO GOOD! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it (I've heard it goes downhill in season three (halfway through), but I really don't give a crap. It's just so good!)

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
 :gothat!:
So I started watching LOST, a week ago today, and I've been spending all my freetime watching it. I just started the second season last night, and this show is just SO GOOD! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it (I've heard it goes downhill in season three (halfway through), but I really don't give a crap. It's just so good!)

You sound like I did when I first started watching Heroes, the first season was so good then it went downhill.

But I've started watching stargate(sg-1 and atlantis) I ended up jumping in partway through in each case but it's been a good watch, I'm also midway through Walking Dead and so far it's been fantastic if slow in places.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
How is Heroes? My brother watched it when it was on, but I never really paid much attention to it.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »
... the first season was so good then it went downhill.

That sounds like a description of almost every American television show. Rather than create a good story and hope it sells well, American television directors/writers create a good premise with no definite conclusion and then see how many story arcs they can squeeze in before cancellation. Any certain conclusions that might've existed are postponed until the show's inevitable end, and they either get realized too late because the audience has learned not to care about this obviously unimportant result, or not at all because the progression of the show has outpaced the premise into obsolescence.

Prime example: Once we know how Ted Mosby met their mother, the show's over. So we won't know until the show is only slated for one last season.