Author Topic: Test version of TML v2  (Read 8351 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Test version of TML v2
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 01:02:11 AM »
I think the only thing that a re-release entails is that it gets released again. Any added content after that is a bonus. Considering that any re-released game would be lucky to get 5% new material, a 20 minute game like TML has just the right amount of new material while not disturbing what made people love it in the first placed. If a game this short was jam-packed with much more new material, it would be called a remake, not a re-release.

Maybe I'm the only one who had this mindset, but when I caught wind of a re-released TML, I didn't imagine anything new or spectacular popping out that wasn't there before. I suppose that naivety on my part saved me the disappointment that mepwnn seems to have felt. The few new bits that were added came as pleasant surprises for me.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Hm, but yeah, I might've given out the wrong expectations -- there was a thread made compiled with a lot of suggestions after all. But at one point afterwards, I said that there might not be time for many changes at all this time 'round due to the need to catch up with To the Moon's schedule.

Overall, this particular re-release is a preparation to launch it at a wider audience to cross-promote To the Moon (the mouse control's a fairly important aspect for some new potential audiences). Sorry for the disappointment mepwnn! One day in the future though, there may be a revamp with a lot of the other awesome potentials implemented. :)

Malvodion

• YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!
  • Tier 7
  • I'm an engineer
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »
I like the changes in this new version, and the bonus minigame from dyrml.
Weird, I wasn't able to find any kind of bugs.