Author Topic: Test version of TML v2  (Read 8800 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Test version of TML v2
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »
I already tested through it once, so hopefully it's fairly clean already. It's still about 20-30 min to play through; there aren't that many changes from the original version, but the few that did make their way in there are fairly effective, I think. Also, full mouse system is implemented just like To the Moon. :)
For those who're up for it, here it is!  :pewpewpew:

The Mirror Lied v.2.1 test version: www.freebirdgames.com/TML_tv2.rar

After you finish it once, you should also be able to access the Quintessence: Lost Chapter from Lullaby when starting the game again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:34:28 PM by Reives »

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
Re: Test version of TML v2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:50:43 AM »
So what's going to decide when the non-test version gets released? O_o
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:08:30 AM »
I just played it! The mouse controls work really well for it. (Does the mouse script have someone you should credit? All I saw was Dubealex.) And those new touches were great! The water and the bear and the bed. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it was really good. I still have no clue what happened, though...

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:51 AM »
Oh yeah, the mouse script credit! Totally forgot about that -- on it now. Nice catch Merlan.

And mepwnn, the non-test version's getting released as soon as the test version gets tested. :P Hopefully everything'll be ready tomorrow.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:35:04 AM »
I'll play it this weekend. ;)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Avarlie

• Tier 6
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
Gave it a go had some trouble loading a game from the title screen using keys. If I click continue with the mouse the load screen displays immediately. If I press spacebar or enter on continue it doesn't work.
-If I exit from the load screen the title graphic disappears and says 'this is a glitch'  XD
-near the end when I was upstairs the clock starts chiming and the phone starts ringing  so I race downstairs but when I go down the staircase the timer and the phone stops even though I have 5 secs left.
- When you walk up the stairs, at the very top leah's graphic becomes overlapped by the staircase rails
- I don't get whats supposed to happen at the end of the extra lost chapter game. I survived the wall of  :angry: and reached  :hatsale!: but I can't do anything after that. I can't even exit properly.

Nice new additions made the game even more creeepier.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
Why can I get two empty buckets? ???

Also, I got the access card, but I still can't use the computer for some reason. Is this a bug or did something change?

EDIT: Alright, finished it! The water and the bed are so creepy, it's even more like a horror show now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:16:25 AM by Kirroha »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
Ahh, thanks for the reports guys!

@Blink:
Oops, so there wasn't even any text at the end of the lost chapter game? That part was supposed to be the end of the game, but it was supposed to point blatantly to To the Moon, then auto-exit; I'll get that checked out.

@Kirro:
Ah, forgot to take away the buckets now that there's a 2nd living room map (one with smashed table). As for the computer -- what was the problem (could you click on the comp but it said you didn't have the card, or not interact with it at all)? And how did you end up getting past that part?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Added the scripts credit. Also adding a Suggestions credit to Freebird Games Community and Thunderbird, since the bed idea was implemented.

In To the Moon, though, everyone who beta'ed will show up in the credits by name. c:

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
It gets about halfway through extracting, and then it crashes D: I'm going to try downloading it again; I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: ...okay, I didn't have to redownload it, it says it just finished extracting. Hopefully everything's okay!

EDIT2(for bugs and thoughts) :
-In the room with the computer, the books on the table say they can be examined, but you can't.
-Already, the cursor is a bit annoying. The beginning of the game has so much black screen, the cursor sticks out like a sore thumb. Is there any way to disable that for awhile?
---It's especially annoying cuz the cursor can still tell what kind of events are underneath it when the custscene is going on.
- I really like the longer TML theme. It's good, cuz we get through the whole intro without the BGM repeating itself four times :P
-Did you make her move faster?
-While the messed-up To Realize on the piano was kind of a neat nod to Quintessence before, I think the TML theme works better. Every player will have the potential to recognize the song; also, the clip for the messed up To Realize had already been used in Quintessence, so it was kind of cheap :P
-Can I just carry this bear around indefinitely? :o That little girl is awesome if she can carry a bear and a filled bucket of water and all these keys (and play the piano) at the same time :P
-Woah, that painting is blank O_O
-They're aaaaaaaaaaaall going blank! :o
-I think the 'hi, leah, it's 3:26' call is glitchy. I heard the clock toll (which generally means that a phonecall is about to call if I'm not mistaken), but then it never did. As soon as I went upstairs, though, it started ringing, and the timer went on. I went downstairs, the timer disappeared, but it kept ringing.
-Dude, a phonecall with only two seconds wait? (In the fire?) Is that the one that just said 'go ahead and sleep it off' or whatnot?
---Oh, okay, I caught it when it wasn't ringing. That's the one.
-I like that you got rid of her HP/MP/Stats and stuff. Kind of useless, so... yeah.
-Woah, she fell down onto the table O_O I knew that was one of the suggestions, but that was just unexpected! Nice graphical edit, too.
-If the teddybear is where the giant hole is formed, does it just go to its other position when there's a hole in the floor?
-After the fire, is that water red? :seraisweat:
-I got the same thing as Kirro. Got the access card, but it says I can't access the computer. ...Actually, it says it twice.
---...Until I get the new eMail, then everything is fine.
-Okay, yeah, that water is red now O_O Wow, Reives. NOT a horror game... but there may be some blood :P And possible suicide, I suppose...
-So... there's something about wearing the black dress at that ending scene that makes it even creepier...

Wow. Nice job, Reives. I really never get tired of that game, it seems like you always notice new things. And this time there were even new things to notice! :D

EDIT3: I'm a noob, so I died at the Retro vacation... and it froze the game. The cursor won't even move while I have the game window up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:11:30 PM by Vasha »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
Ah, eep. Let me know how that goes!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
Also, just updated download link to one that fixed all the bugs mentioned in the thread so far. :)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »
Does that include the ones I have in my megapost? :P

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Oh shoot, didn't notice the edit there hahah, I'm on that now!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
Whoo, thanks for the awesome detailed comments Vash!

I'm fixing the bugs now, but hm, about the access card not working -- was it the case that you never touched the computer until you got the access card? I'm looking at the code now and that seems like a likely loophole on my part.