Author Topic: Would you kindly say hello?  (Read 1356 times)

Zara_Wyk

• Tier 1
Would you kindly say hello?
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Hey everyone,
   I just saw the trailer for "To The Moon" today, and that's what brought me here.  I was looking around on the forums and noticed that a previous project (Quintessence) is open source, which really intrigued me.  I'm in my final semester toward my BS in Game Design, and I've worked on some OSS games for an internship last year.  If it's still being worked on (meaning there are other projects being created with it, not just maintaining the code base) I'd love to contribute.  The program I'm in (at RIT) is pretty multi-disciplinary, but my strong points are design (mechanics, level, and UI), writing, and programming.
   Anyway, hope to hear from ya'll on how things are progressing, and I can't wait for TTM!

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Would you kindly say hello?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »
Hiya, Zara! Nice to see you here! I'm not quite sure what's really up with Quintessence right now... I think I might recall Reives saying something about the open-source being mainly so that there was still work on it while TtM was in production, but there hasn't really BEEN any work on it while TtM was in production, so I'm not really sure.

Nice to see you, though! :P Stay long, post lots, and above all: have fun!

Avarlie

• Tier 6
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:51 AM »
Hey Zara. The open source thread is pretty dead at the moment but feel free to revive it  :vikonsmile:

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »
Heya! Welcome here in lands of freebirdia. I wish you many posts.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Dreadsteed

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
Pretty late to be welcoming you, but is that a nod toward bioshock in the title? Oh and I noticed your going to RIT, I would love to study at the Computer Forensics Lab at RIT maybe for Grad school If and when I decide to go 3 years down the line. Well Welcome to freebird games the community here is glad to welcome you.

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
Glad to see you here! I hope you enjoy all of the wondrous games Reives' has made. Oh, and totally stick around the forum for some lighthearted fun.