Author Topic: Freebird membergroup activity ideas  (Read 4226 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Freebird membergroup activity ideas
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:58 AM »
I was making this membergroup thing for shigi's forum earlier today, and thought that we could do something like it at Freebird too! Basically, everyone'll get a badge near the avatar, which will reflect which special membergroup they're in (like the Quintessence one now, but it'll be a system where you can request to join, determined by your "level" (calc'ed based on post #).

Here's the thing for shigi's forum as an example:

For a long time, the shigi Leeble settlement remained quaint and peaceful. Everybody filled their roles, and life was good.

Then suddenly, THE NUKE LEEBLE APPEARS!!

The Nuke Leeble <tm> (Level 12)

Quote:
"MUAHAHAHAHAH!" -2011, The Nuke Leeble.

Note: He doesn't actually know how to nuke, and states that his self-given name is merely symbolic.

And now, to fight against his relentless forces, Shigi-Leeble-Settlement needs YOU!

Request to join various positions to fulfill your duty (and destiny, of course)!

SHIELD GUARD (Minimum Level Req'ed: 2)
Have you ever want to be the meatshield of a raid? Ever wake up wishing you could be holding up an excruciatingly heavy piece of metal as The Nuke Leeble's minions flail at you, hoping the other Leebles will take care of the swinging for you? THEN SHIELD GUARD IS FOR YOU!!

RANGER (Minimum Level Req'ed: 3)
Battle for glory is good and all, but doesn't it suck to get bloody? "Eww, the blood from its entrails are getting on my hands!" --If you find yourself saying that often, maybe it is time you joined the distance fighters, THE RANGERS!

MAGE DISCIPLES (Minimum Level Req'ed: 5)
Let's face it, being a true powerful mage is hard. But it's never too late to start! By joining the MAGE DISCIPLES, you can begin your long journey to become an arch-mage, and still provide distractions with the flickering sparkles from your wand-in-training in the mean time!

SWIFTHAND (Minimum Level Req'ed: 6)
"It's too dangerous to eat with two knives instead of a knife and a fork", your mama-Leeble always said. But you didn't care! And now you have a grin on your face, because look who's proven to be useful on the battlefield! The SWIFTHANDS whirlwinds through the battlefield, like a pirate-ninja who abstains from alcohol.

HERBAL MEDICS (Minimum Level Req'ed: 5)
When you were young, you got scolded by papa-Leeble for sniffing at suspicious-looking grass. But if you are one who continued, and then brought some back to cure him of his badtitis, maybe you should join the HERBAL MEDICS to sniff & pick some more, and help with The Nuke Leeble's impending raid!!

TEA LEEBLE (Minimum Level Req'ed: 6 . . . What? It takes class to drink tea.)
"Big deal, The Nuke Leeble raids the world every other millennium." That's the attitude grandpapa-Leeble brought you up with, and that's the attitude that sticked. You enjoy chilling and drinking tea while watching the battles with occasional cheers. If that's the way you roll, TEA LEEBLE is just the position for you! And to be perfectly honest, the other Leebles do appreciate your attention while they fight.

-------------

Post on this thread to request to join a group, provided you are above the minimum level for it.

Spaces for each groups are limited, and will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis. They are as follows:

Shield Guards: 0/5
Rangers: 0/3
Mage Disciples: 0/2
Swifthands: 0/3
Herbal Medics: 0/4
Tea Leebles: 0/5

The basic structure would be that everybody gets a small sub-avatar sprite which starts off as equipment-less, and then as you gain more post-count/levels it'll dress you up and you can request to join special groups for special equipments.

Perhaps we could have the badge avatars be. . . birds? Freebirds? Freebirds wielding gigantic 2-handed swords to fend off the evil Dr. Parrot from middle earth? Share your ideas. :P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:25:05 AM by Reivesy »

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: Freebird membergroup activity ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:57:57 AM »
I'm for it. Will try think about something ;)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:13:27 AM »
Parrot? You mean platypus.  :platquack:
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
What if we want to be a platytpus, mep!? Or a... a... Coffee Freebird!

Looks fun.

EDIT: Weren't you planning something like this awhile back? I thought the idea before was that people's badges would be based on their dominant contributing skills/talents, like having the Writer and the Artist? You could make birds like that.

Artist Bird
Writer Bird
Musician Bird
Performer Bird
Puzzle Bird
Debugger Bird
Coffee Bird
Ornithologist Bird
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:05:50 PM by Merlandese »

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
Puzzle bird? Is it someone that searches for wisdom? A Philosopher? :D

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
Philoso-bird! :-D

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
I'm more of a dinosaur person than a bird person...

IT'S THE PHILOSO-RAPTOR!!!!! :P

Okay, lame puns aside, that sounds kind of neat. Though... I'm not sure birds would quite fit. Her forum is for a game with a bunch of Leebles walking aruond, so each person being a Leeble makes sense. Your forum's main game is Quintessence, which is pretty serious, and not rather birdy -shrugs-

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »
Puzzle bird? Is it someone that searches for wisdom? A Philosopher? :D

Or it could just be a bird with a perpetually puzzled expression. :kardiansmile:

Loving all the ideas guys! And yeah, I suppose this has been brought up before, but we never went far into the idea. o:

@Vasha: I was thinking about that, but two things: 1. Leebles are anonymous-looking, but the characters from our games are human (I suppose you could be Quintessence-ing into different animals, but that's pretty messy). 2. There're going to be more games here than Quintessence, especially for newcomers. Having a theme that's exclusive to one game would exclude others.

Besides, birds aren't as cute-themed as Leebles and are pretty neutral, so I think it won't do anything in that regards. o:

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »
We could also get Pretzels and FREAK. I know this is for old-timers, but it's big event in forum history. :)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
But making the images/ranks/whatever you want to call them inside jokes would exclude new members (and make us look even weirder to newcomers! :o)

Avarlie

• Tier 6
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:55:24 PM »
Wait, so do we actually get an opportunity to hunt down and fight the evil platypus? Do we get poisoned and have to be nice to the healers so they can heal us?

Avarlie

• Tier 6
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »
Random idea. Went on a bit of a tangent. Sorry its not very cute.

Sacrificial Bird (Equivalent to shield guard)
Skills-stealth, high defence, ‘fortress of ……’
Some may say that raising the dead to fight is inhumane but what you’re fighting against (platypus) is something far more malevolent. You don’t remember what its like to feel alive, or your past and never question your involvement in this war. As a sacrificial bird you’re subject to protecting the higher-level birds during battles. This doesn’t seem like an unfair task as you see no alternative purpose in life and are technically not alive anyway. Your skeletal wings make it impossible to wield any weapon.  However a frontline army of your kind with shields strapped to their torsos is better than no defence. Other tasks include scouting behind treacherous enemy lines for information and relaying messages. Eventually you gain enough posts and the opportunity to be reborn. Will you decide to hatch into a new life or spend your posts on fully sick shields?

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
This sounds absolutely awesome! :)

I request for a position called Birdie

Avarlie

• Tier 6
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 02:31:54 AM »

haha yes!

Birdie
Skills: Manipulation, making weird phone calls at weird hours, can carry things 10 times its own size....

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »

haha yes!

Birdie
Skills: Manipulation, making weird phone calls at weird hours, can carry things 10 times its own size....

Count me in ;p
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.