Author Topic: Game doesn't start: any packs needed?  (Read 5309 times)

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
Game doesn't start: any packs needed?
« on: September 29, 2008, 04:50:08 AM »
Hi, when I try to start this game, I get a blank window instead. Do I need some kinda pack or something?
What's the price of love got to do with love?
What's the price of love got to do with much?
All I know is what I'm told.

Client - Price of Love

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
Re: Game doesn't start: any packs needed?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
Right, playing it now. :)

Hmmm... btw, what does that tiny key open? Is it supposed to be one of those cabinet drawers? 'Cos I've got to that stage whereby almost everything has been unlocked and cabinet drawers 3 and 5 are locked.
Spoiler: show
I already have the pistol and bullets, watered that plant till it's almost reached the top of the house. Even tried watering all the other plants, picking up some of the phone calls and even turning off all the lights to see if insufficient electricity was the reason for 3rd switch causing house to catch fire.

Before anyone yells at me for asking, I'll just point out that I tend to "accidentally trigger" bugs in various software and games, no matter what computer or even o/s I use. :P

Client - Price of Love

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »
If you read my story, it will give you an idea o.o"

It's not what I'd call a guide but if your IQ isn't below 60 you should be able to use it to help you.
http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?topic=430.0

Edit:Tiny key opens the chest in the basement.
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »
The house is supposed to catch fire. Just play through it. You didn't make a mistake or anything.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »
LOL... now that was weird. Setting the house on fire and going to sleep while it's burning down?

That was kinda odd. :) I assume she died while trying to kill the bird.

Client - Price of Love

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
Oh goodness. No one has any idea, unless you're just a ridiculously cool person. Can't help you there.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »
There were actually some rather very interesting interpretations on .org and spongen on TML's topics, I think I'll quote them to here sometimes. c:

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »
Wasn't there at least one or two on here? I know I remember reading some. And the kinda made sense, just for me they didn't exactly connect. You know?

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 02:32:03 AM »
Man, my new interpretation is that it's actually a fictional reality. The game involves her walking around in a dreamworld which would explain why the telephone keeps changing position, why she's able to go to sleep while the house is on fire, how she has problems even finding things in her own house. Also, her dream form is that of a little girl while she might actually be in her teens, 20s to even 30s. And also, the bed and the various toys might be from her childhood or things she never really had but deeply desired like she was from a poor family with barely anything to eat. Another interpretation is that it could be a guy who, for whatever reasons, wishes to become a girl.

The house devoid of people might reflect neglect from her childhood, teenage days or even in her adulthood. If it was childhood, think like "latched-key child" where the parents simply dumped some edible food on the table and left the kid at home. If teenager, maybe it's a reflection of teenagehood where teens often grow distant and away from their families. If adulthood, it could also be neglect by her loved ones or even a lack of love life.

I also think the various messages, phone calls and messages might allude to her being involved in some sorta sleuthing job in reality and those are a mesh of things which have spilled over into her dreams. Or she has a wish to become a detective but is actually stuck in a banal desk career.

Being able to hold and a gun a gun, btw, means that she either has some form of untrained/trained  experience with firearms or has even taken courses on using a gun. I say that because, even though I've never held a gun before, I do know that it's not as easy as games or even tv makes it so. One wrong shot(ricochet, bullet fragments, anyone?) and you could end up with a hole in your foot or a missing ear. :o

The bird theme: perhaps it reflects her inability to escape from whatever fate had stored for her and her inaction suggests an unwillingness to deal with it. And that her final action means that she attempts to deal with it for once and for all, but failed.

And perhaps, when the bird drops her, she finally wakes up. 

Edit: You might notice that the house has doors but they all lead to rooms within it and not to any exits. So in a sense, isn't she trapped?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:03:03 AM by The Sonar Chicken »

Client - Price of Love

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
Hm, that's one of the more literal interpretations I've heard on it; very interesting to read, thanks for sharing. Aye, the house is indeed a house without a door to the outside - the only way out was a window in the ceiling in which the plant was grown to spike through. I especially found your comment on childhood and relating to alternate identity interesting.

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
Hm, that's one of the more literal interpretations I've heard on it; very interesting to read, thanks for sharing. Aye, the house is indeed a house without a door to the outside - the only way out was a window in the ceiling in which the plant was grown to spike through. I especially found your comment on childhood and relating to alternate identity interesting.

Thanks! :) I'm flattered you think it's interesting. :)

Well, I've always thought that dreams sometimes reflect your unconsciousness: your wants, your longing and sometimes, what you wished you could be. Too bad the last time I remembered my dreams was a long time ago.

Client - Price of Love

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »
I heard some people keep "dream journals" beside their beds, so that when they wake up they can immediately trot down the dream, as dreams often get forgotten within moments of waking up. Also heard about these lucid dreaming things, but personally I think it's pretty much an illusion.

A random stranger

• Tier 3
    • EK's message board
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
I heard some people keep "dream journals" beside their beds, so that when they wake up they can immediately trot down the dream, as dreams often get forgotten within moments of waking up. Also heard about these lucid dreaming things, but personally I think it's pretty much an illusion.

Who knows? There're people who actually and repeatedly have had real life events that reflect their dreams to almost an exact accuracy. Perhaps it's a way of the brain talking to them since some people dream while others sense things or even "see" images in their brains.

After all, some people are just damn good at sensing and predicting things, if given a set of data and information to work with. To me, that might be somewhat probable since research has discovered that some people have as many as 8 to 9 senses or beyond. The police have already started using predictions to start "seeing" crime patterns so if they can use a computer to do it, why can't a human use his brain(a supercomputer) to predict something?

Dream journals, huh? Well... if I could even "see" my dream, that would be a nice thing to keep. :) (It wasn't remembered... lol)

Client - Price of Love

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
If I posted all my dreams on here, you'd be reading some pretty -cuss-'d up things :)
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
We believe you.