Author Topic: [Idea] The Throne of Adumir  (Read 1981 times)

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
[Idea] The Throne of Adumir
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »
As I don't have the time and passion to develope a game at the moment, I will provide you with the idea I've got. Feel free to use it.

The king is dead!
With an empty throne the long and peaceful time of the Adumir kingdom may come to an end, neighbouring states may see a chance to spead their influence.
The old king was a good and wise king, but died at an young age and therefore left no successor for the throne, his wife followed him into death on the same day. The council decided a new proper king has to be found, so they have released a table with 100 tasks. Whoever is able to fulfill all 100 tasks will become the new king.

Do you have the wisdom, the courage and the strength to become a king?

The tasks should have a great variety and should be solveable in more than one way, to give some examples:

-"Bring me a handful of white gold" You could either buy or steal real white gold (which is really rare) or bring in a handful of salt (which is also called white gold).
- "Defeat xy in a duel" You could either win a fair duel, use some tricks like putting sleep poison in his beer or let someone else win the fight for you.

Possible Sidequests/storyies:
- Why did the old king die? Has he been murdered?
- A rival has already fullfilled 95 tasks, will you be faster than him? Or maybe you want to lay some rocks onto his way? Or just kill him instead?
- The neighbour country xy is trying to conquer your kingdom, find a way to stop them!
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

silversun

• Eshe's Protégé
  • Tier 7
  • Only the blind can see.
  • Current Mood: worried worried
Re: [Idea] The Throne of Adumir
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »
Sounds pretty cool, but I think 100 tasks is a little *too* excessive? :P

For some reason, reminds me of a YA novel I quite enjoyed called Heir Apparent.

Come help us out!

talia

• Tier 7
  • Hate is easy, love takes courage.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: [Idea] The Throne of Adumir
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »
sounds very good :P

maybe it can have more then one endings you know an evil one and a good one...depending on the way you do the tasks