Author Topic: Problem with Blizz-ABS --- Anyone, help?  (Read 2379 times)

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Problem with Blizz-ABS --- Anyone, help?
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:51 PM »
Code: [Select]
Hi everyone,

I've got a simple problem that is driving me crazy here, and would really appreciate any sort of help.

I am using Blizz's ABS, and my game needs accessing the keyboard. I know this ABS changes the keyboard accessing and needs input module-ing, but that's where I need help. I have no idea how to do that, or what to write. I have already this part in the manual,

[codeKeep in mind that you need to use the prefix [i]Input::[/i]. That means, if you   want to use the jump button, use [i]Input::Jump[/i]; if you want to use the   arrow down key, use [i]Input::Key['Arrow Down'][/i], etc. The different states   are being checked with the following commands:   Input.trigger?(KEY) # pressed once
Input.press?(KEY) #   hold pressed
Input.repeat?(KEY) # hold pressed with delay after first   check]

But I have no idea how to do it. I tried a script call with this written,

Input.trigger?(C)

and other stuff around it but nothing wants to work. Help, please?

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Problem with Blizz-ABS --- Anyone, help?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
Considerably..err relatively, yeah, BIG necropost whatever :<! Anyway! To make sure people get this right for the future and don't have to ask such a question again, the issue in your case is that you are trying to refer to a constant that doesn't exist. This constant 'C' is not defined anywhere, and if you call it within an event, it refers to constants of the Game_Event or Game_Character class. You want to access button presses, which are constants defined in the Input module. Even if that did not make sense to you, the correct piece of code would be:
Code: [Select]
Input.trigger?(Input::C)That will, unless you have modified the Input class, work as you intend it to. Also don't forget that default RPG Maker buttons are not as they appear on your keyboard except for C. For instance Input::B is X on your keyboard, Input::A is Z and Shift, and so on. It can be found in the gamepad list by pressing F1 by running any RPG Maker game.

/Sark

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.