Author Topic: Childhood Quirks  (Read 2235 times)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Childhood Quirks
« on: October 17, 2010, 10:34:43 PM »
I wasn't sure to put this here or in general, but whatever :P

I was just wondering: what really weird stuff did you guys used to do way back when in your childhood? I remember, back then, I would be terrified going up steps that didn't have backs on them (it was just horizontal, no vertical connecting them) because I thought I'd fall through the cracks between the stairs.

So yeah, just for fun. Anyone wanna share? :D

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Childhood Quirks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
Mine's kinda embarrassing, but I did everything I could to make  insecure adults feel like idiots. If a five year old says some technical sounding words thrown together while wearing a deadpan expression and using a monotone voice, most adults just assume he knows what he's talking about. And since they can't follow what's being said, they feel stupid. Odd, no? That's the only one I can remember at the moment. Blame the chocolate soy milk while listening to the vocal version of "Traces". It made me high.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
Blame the chocolate soy milk while listening to the vocal version of "Traces".

Cheers! *Drinks some vanilla Silk*  :musicnote:

I would always try to tell jokes I had heard somewhere else, even if I didn't understand them. Sometimes they would be so out of place, I would just have to sweat in the awkward silence with my foot in my mouth.  :reivsweat:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
Yay for soy drinkers!

And that's a really funny quirk. I have a friend that's my age that still does that (I'm 19), so I know just how funny it is to see. lol. Let's hope you didn't accidentally tell really dirty jokes.

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »
When I was a kid I'd make weird, sort of semi-uncontrolled grimaces whenever I was bored. I even have a pic where my 2-3 year-old self is facing the mirror while holding some different coloured rings in my hands and making a grotesque face. xD

(I don't drink soy milk, but I love chocolate soy pudding. x))

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:19:36 AM »
(O.O I didn't know such an awesome thing existed. I personally prefer things made out of almond milk, as it has a better texture, but chocolate pudding without the nasty milk aftertaste...epic)

And mela, that sounds awesome. You should totally post that pic if you can! That'd be really funny.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
When I was in the dark I'd throw imaginary grenades that would "blow up all the bad things". :~

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 03:18:28 AM »
I used to sing the "Jiggly Puff Song".... x3
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
I used to love Power Rangers back then, and some other cartoons such as Captain Planet, Animaniacs, etc.

Back then, I used to play on the sand (or if not the sand, the soil). I was a very dirty person back then (and when I mean dirty I mean covered in dirt). I also used to dig in our garden before since I thought there were hidden treasures there, but...

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
(O.O I didn't know such an awesome thing existed. I personally prefer things made out of almond milk, as it has a better texture, but chocolate pudding without the nasty milk aftertaste...epic)

(Yep, it does exist in Europe. The company Alpro produces several soy products. Should you ever come to Europe you should taste the desserts, they are really delicious, especially the chocolate pudding (bittersweet & whole msilk) one's. =3)

And mela, that sounds awesome. You should totally post that pic if you can! That'd be really funny.

I'll scan, upload and post the pic as soon as I've found it. ;)

Sushi

• is a glom.
  • Tier 7
  • FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT! ...OLIVEEEEEERRR!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
1. Climbing a tree and pretending to be a leopard/cheetah was the best game ever. Bonus points if you were horrible to the zookeeper(aka: younger brother).
2. "I don't want to be a rockstar because I hate sunglasses."
3. Dancing to Irish music was love. But only Irish music. Also, stages could be made out of a blanket.
4. In first grade, our primary recess game was, "Annoy the boys until they chase us!" Apparently running away shrieking at the top of my lungs was fun or something.
5. First person books were the bane of my existence.
6. "Why sketch first when you can just draw the lines and be done with it?! D:<"
7. I never got why teenagers moved their heads to the music while they had their headphones on or whatever, and so resolved to never do that as a teenager. Yeah, didn't work out.
8. Yes, younger brothers could be dressed up as princesses. Shut up. >_>
"Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they're not absurd." — China Miéville

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:33 PM »
When I was in the dark I'd throw imaginary grenades that would "blow up all the bad things". :~
I don't clearly remember it anymore, but when I was around 4 or 5, I, apparently, was afraid of walking through our garden to my grandma (who lives in the neighborhood) in winter, because I was afraid of "mammoth lights" that hid under the snow. Whatever "mammoth lights" are, I haven't the slightest clue anymore, but I was afraid to death. My granny invented a powder called Arvalin Plus (bless her, how she invented that, I don't know either...), and if I powdered the mammoth lights with that, they couldn't harm me anymore.
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Cyril

• Tier 2
  • This text is personal.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
I was terrified of ghosts when I was a kid. Some common threads:

1) Ghosts live in particular places: in sewing rooms (my mom sews), in closets, under/behind the furnace;
2) Ghosts love abducting small children and then literally dragging them to their home, especially the furnace
3) They looked either like wisps of smoke or sometimes like the ghosts from Alone in the Dark 3. It's only the wispy kind that abduct you, however.
4) Apparently, if you cover yourself in your sheets, then the ghosts can't find you. This is a very goof thing. See point #2.

So yeah, I also played Escape Velocity a lot. Imagine all the tedious crap that MMO players go through, only in a single-player game. At least the
theme song
was catchy. *starts humming it*