Author Topic: Amaranth  (Read 1607 times)

Doragon

• will not hesitate to sic her OCs on you.
  • Tier 5
  • Need a pyro? Call me.
  • Current Mood: sad sad
Amaranth
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
You will be my undying flower.

These are the first words Mother ever said to me.

I don't remember them, of course; infancy does not give one the best of memories. But from what she has told me every day of my life since, I can gather that when she says as much, it is true.

Truth.

What an interesting topic.

Truth loses its potency within the Court of the Queen. Masks, literal and not, grace the facade of every noble here. There stands Baroness Guillar. You see her hair, yes? She claims it is natural. But I know as fact that she recolors the roots daily to prevent their true color from showing. Countess Ferelda, by the buffet: her brassiere is stuffed tonight. The Brigadier-General is married to Jonathan Blake, but visits her lover two times a week within a shady brothel in the poor district.

And within it all, I circle, the most masked of anyone here.

Where is my mask, you wonder? If I were to tell you, you would not live to see the morning.

Oh, to see the look on your face at this moment! I jest, dear one. You would likely live at least that long.

But I digress. We were discussing truth, were we not?

My name? You ask now about my name?

What is in a name, exactly? It is a collection of eight letters, a line of symbols in a row. Could anything be less descriptive of the person behind the mask?

My name was given to me by my mother. "My undying flower", she called me. "Amaranth". The name has always amused me. It has never quite seemed to... fit.

Ah-haha, you flatter me, dear Squire. I am no more an immortal blossom than you are a dragon's child. Yes, I know your namesake. Oh, my dear, you don't truly think that I would not know that, at least?

I am the immortal flower. The "Amaranth". I know all the secret masks behind the facade of this Court.

You cannot hide yours from me.
Do you know what I mean when I say "I don't want to be alone?"
I no longer have a choice but to pretend I am brave, for a soldier has to be brave...

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Amaranth
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »
This is pretty interesting. Reminded me of Celia Reese's Sovay. Any continuation? I'd like to read the rest. ^^
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
Don't leave me hanging! Post more. D:

Sushi

• is a glom.
  • Tier 7
  • FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT! ...OLIVEEEEEERRR!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
Fweeeeeee~why are you so amazing? WHYYYYYYY.

Er. Is fantastic? -is bad at saying what she thinks of things unless she is criticizing them-

I HAVE NOTHING TO CRITIQUE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY FFFFF.

...yeah. D:
"Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they're not absurd." — China Miéville

Doragon

• Tier 5
  • Need a pyro? Call me.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »
So I should post more, then? >o>;;
I no longer have a choice but to pretend I am brave, for a soldier has to be brave...

Sushi

• is a glom.
  • Tier 7
  • FLOAT! FLOAT! FLOAT! ...OLIVEEEEEERRR!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
YES.
"Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they're not absurd." — China Miéville

Doragon

• Tier 5
  • Need a pyro? Call me.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
O_____O

... >w>

<w<

>w>

-slinks off-