Author Topic: Sky is the limit - WIP! ;)  (Read 3339 times)

strawberry

• Tier 4
  • uh oh .. here&there ^o^
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Sky is the limit - WIP! ;)
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
One day I was thinking that I sould make a short game to practice at least working with XP before actually making "Unwritten", and so I came up with this idea for a drama-fantasy game. What do you think?

title:

Charas:

Leyla Abigail

Facts:

-17 years old
-very advanced sorceress [12 years EXP]

Mark

Facts:
-21 years old
-average fighter [3 years EXP]
-son of a well-known wizard of old rituals

Story:

Leyla, a five years old straberry-blonde girl, lives with her parents in a mountain village,
where everyone beside them are black magic witches and warlocks. When her parents find out
by mistake some important secrets of the others, they plan to runaway. Believing that her parents abandoned her, she joins the witches&warlocks, but finds out later they were actually murdered by them. She decides to learn magic step by step, knowing the truth and hoping that one day she'll revenge her parents' death.
5 years later, she destroys the village; from this to her being considered a national threat remains only a fine line. Being attacked by humans, she tries to defend herself but ends up only destroying more&more villages just because they believe all she wants to do is kill.

Mark, the son of a respected wizard, hears rumors of this "monster girl" and so he decides to join the secret national organization where youngsters are being trained so that one day, they can kill the lil' girl who seems anything but innocent. After years of training,
the leader of organisation, remaining with very few troups against the girl [since he had already sent the other troups to fight her, but they failed], decides to send the novice fighters a.k.a. the ones with only 2 years experience. In order to win against Leyla, Mark uses old rituals, sacrificing soldiers of his own army only to kill her, turning himself into a target. Seeing how many suffer 'cause of her, Leyla asks Mark to kill her, yet he decides to make a very powerful ritual, " 'till the end of time".

In a world where the "end of time" means that the sky will no longer move the day the Earth will stand still, the final countdown starts for Leyla, the girl that can no longer move nor remembers anything and Mark, both of them trying to hide since they are both being "wanted".

According to the ritual [no spoiler 'bout it, gave more than enough 'till now lol], the day everyone will die shall be the only day Leyla will feel alive again. Why? Well .. play the game when I'm done with it even though that's gonna quite take a lot :D .

P.S.: No love story involved, sorry!

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Sky is the limit - WIP! ;)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:26 AM »
Woah, I like that fact that for once, the main characters are actually anti heroes who have moral issues that they have to solve throughout the story. :) I like this, can't wait to play it!

strawberry

• Tier 4
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:19:48 AM »
thanks :seraismile:  I hope I will be able to put some screenshots by the end of this month at least :seraisweat:

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:10:20 AM »
Sure, can't wait for it. :) Btw, just a tip -- maybe the two character's faces shouldn't look so goofy, they should be more serious looking.

strawberry

• Tier 4
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:02:38 AM »
hi .. okay my plan with "screenshots" in a month obviously failed v.v anyways, I have to mention that only at the begining of this year I started working on it - 'till now I kept changing this&that part of the story and I finally decided that it'll have 3 mini-chapters [it's not a loong game so they'll be rather mini]. So here a sneak peek of the first chapter's pic - it's not ready yet, I have to change some thing like the background&co but 'till then:

P.S.: I drew the charas, but the colouring is all thanks to my sis - I quite suck at it :D

talia

• Tier 7
  • Hate is easy, love takes courage.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »
the artwork is beautiful...though the girl seams a little short.

I like your story..its really interesting,
title screen looks cute.

Best of luck!
waiting for the game :P

strawberry

• Tier 4
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:43 AM »
soorry fow the awfully late reply :D my PC apparently had some sort of weird problem [when you turned it on, it kept loading the turn on process 'till you got at that part where you see the XP flag and then repeated the whole process all over again until you turned it off from the back] so I had to wait a week 'till my dad came back from work [this was happening like 2 weeks ago] and when he came, he magically solved the PC but all data was lost v.v I think I have the worst luck .. so I had to restart making the charas, re-colouring, getting back tiles&co. and believe me, it's not fun :| but I'm optimistic, and this time I promise I'll post a screenshot right after the Easter break, since 'till then I'm a lil' busy with school&the student exchange programme in Belgium ^-^

@talia: the pic refers to the begining of the game, where she is 12 years old, that explaining her height :D also, let's say her parents weren't very tall either :lol: 10x 4 the reply!  :seraismile:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:37:57 PM by strawberry »

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Sorry to hear that all that data was lost. D: