Author Topic: Merlandese's Music  (Read 47211 times)

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Merlandese's Music
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
It makes me think about a forest chase. Like a mother and her baby are being chased into some dark woods to escape the clutches of a mean husband. @w@ In other words, it's too awesome to just be used for a menu or save screen. ;3  Keep up the good work, Mer!  :)
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 02:53:32 AM »
It makes me think about a forest chase. Like a mother and her baby are being chased into some dark woods to escape the clutches of a mean husband. @w@ In other words, it's too awesome to just be used for a menu or save screen. ;3  Keep up the good work, Mer!  :)

A mean husband!? I like that. XD Thanks, Blood.

Here's another. I'm trying out more ambient pieces. The names are getting less creative, though.

Ambient Calendar  :musicnote:
Ambient Calendar By Merlandese

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »
I hope you like cats...

Maya by Merlandese

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
I like this song, Mer. :o It's very scenic and has that kind of discovering feel to it. And with it being about cats, I remember the Warriors books by Erin Hunter. ;3  Nice blend with the synth and the piano. They're not powering over eachother and the "bum bum" in the back gave the song an extra kick. At least that's what I think.  :vikonsmile: Nice composition. ^__^

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 09:13:34 PM »
Nyaa~? I like it a lot :)
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
For those of us who like to learn. XD Please enjoy.

Learning Environment by Merlandese

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
A little BGM for studying? :p Nicely done, it puts a quirky spin on that progression. I really like the percussion work you did here too! And ahh, I remember seeing that pic on your DA account. Cool stuff, and that's one giant book!

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Comment is on youtube :)

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:44 PM »
I have some pretty bad hearing, so at first I thought it sounded like the beginning of "Stand By Me" and it made me smile. Though now that I've got some earphones, I'm hearing the song quite clearly now. ;3 It's definitely a song people can listen to for some inspirational studying. *nods* Lol, and I like that kid's giant study book...I'd definitely use that to smack a mean teacher any day. Hahahaha!! Nice work, Mer! ^^

Cass

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 01:26:38 AM »
Your music is FABULOUS! ^_^ I love your style. The quirky feel of Deduction is brilliant. From the brassy instrument which begins to play, I got this Chrono Trigger feeling... But not? I mean, it just felt so... Original.

This is the same to say about your Battle Experiment. Perhaps a bit bare in areas, but it is totally great in melody and feel.

Your more sombre pieces are even up to Reives' standards, I'd say! owo
...Germany, Germany, Germany...

... Ooooooooooooooooooooooh...

*Cymbal clash*

*Cymbal clash*

... Germany, Germany, Germany...

- 'The Fanatics', FFVI. :3

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 01:40:34 AM »
A little BGM for studying? :p Nicely done, it puts a quirky spin on that progression. I really like the percussion work you did here too! And ahh, I remember seeing that pic on your DA account. Cool stuff, and that's one giant book!

Thanks! I've been trying to work outside of my shell with the rhythms, like a few of you said I ought to. :) And yes, that book is deliciously big!

I have some pretty bad hearing, so at first I thought it sounded like the beginning of "Stand By Me" and it made me smile. Though now that I've got some earphones, I'm hearing the song quite clearly now. ;3 It's definitely a song people can listen to for some inspirational studying. *nods* Lol, and I like that kid's giant study book...I'd definitely use that to smack a mean teacher any day. Hahahaha!! Nice work, Mer! ^^

As always, thanks, Blood! :D Maybe not as good as Stand By Me, but I'm glad you liked it.

Your music is FABULOUS! ^_^ I love your style. The quirky feel of Deduction is brilliant. From the brassy instrument which begins to play, I got this Chrono Trigger feeling... But not? I mean, it just felt so... Original.

This is the same to say about your Battle Experiment. Perhaps a bit bare in areas, but it is totally great in melody and feel.

Very nice of you, Cass, and wonderful to say, but watch out for old man Reives... If he catches word of this blasphemy, we'll be scrubbing Freebirdia's latrines at the angry end of a shotgun.  :reivsweat:

I'm glad you think they sound original, though. XD (And all hail Yasunori Mitsuda!)

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 01:51:48 AM »

[/b]

Very nice of you, Cass, and wonderful to say, but watch out for old man Reives... If he catches word of this blasphemy, we'll be scrubbing Freebirdia's latrines at the angry end of a shotgun.  :reivsweat:
I've had this happen to me before.

And no, Reives would just have a platypus watch our accounts :P The only way to combat it would be asking it for grapes.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2010, 01:05:48 AM »
But if ducks can be duct taped, what about Platypus? :platquack: It would be unstoppable by any tools in existence in this world. And I do think it's up to the "Reives standard"<tm>; I think there's a lot of complexity in Merlan's new age -ish songs, and he can pull a great emotional punch with ones like Diminished Population. o:

Andy Landwalker

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »
I like "Learning Environment"
That tunes so Catchy and comfortable to listen :)
I'm not a musician, so I can't give more comments XD
And how 'bout the others? I still didn't listen yet.
how long have you studied to compose music?

Keep up the great works ...
A thing u have to know that "I'm not fluent in english"

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
I should have said this earlier, but thanks you guys! I'm especially glad that Reives has finally trademarked his standards. It's about time. XD

Who wants to critique this for me? I've been trying to make guitar music and I would like to know how realistic/decent it sounds. I wanted to enhance fret noise, but in my research I've learned that most people try to reduce it, so I didn't bother.

Terran  :musicnote:
Terran ~ V1.2