Author Topic: Letters  (Read 2138 times)

Serenity.neko

• mepwnn's best friend forevah (orly? [hahah of course {xD}])
  • Tier 5
  • "Bring it."
  • Current Mood: sad sad
Letters
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »
"Mint!" Mint's grandmother called.

"What?"

"You got another letter from your friend!"

Mint stood from her desk, sending her quill floating to the floor, and ran to the front of the house.

"Thanks, Grandma!" Grabbing the letter, Mint returned to her room, opening the small envelope and flattening the paper onto her desk. The prince's messy but somehow readable handwriting was scribbled on the page.

Dear Mint, it read.

Dear Mint,

Today I snuck away from my lesson again. Shiron is so boring! As I returned to my quarters the guards caught me and brought me to my father. I told him my story and he was trying to be angry, I swear, but then he just broke into laughter when he saw Shiron's purple face. So once again I slipped away.

It's so tiring in the castle, I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. But it's so boring, too, sometimes I wish that a war started or something.

...I shouldn't hope that. Anyway, how is it in the mountains? Is Kole giving you any trouble? I'll try to get my father let me get a vacation and I'll come visit you, I promise!

-Tristan

Mint smiled and looked out her window at the sky, resting her chin in her hands and giving a sigh through her nose. Crossing her ankles and swinging her legs back and forth, she remembered the first time she met the prince.

It was a day a lot like this one a year ago, with pale blue skies and a few white, puffy clouds drifting across the lazy sky.

Mint was walking to the small town at the bottom of the mountain for food. Kole couldn't come because he was feeling sick. Mint wasn't worried. After all, she wouldn't be gone long, would she?

Clasping her hands behind her back and gazing at the perfect sky in high spirits, she headed toward the narrow alleyway that opened into the main street of the town. Suddenly she heard a shout.

"Thief! Catch him!"

Mint looked down at the end of the alley just as a figure came around the corner, on a crash collision with Mint. Darting to the side at the last second, the boy clamped a hand over Mint's mouth and wrapped an arm around her chest, strapping her arms to her body, and dragging both of them to the ground.

"Shhh!" the boy hissed. Like Mint had a choice. Just as anyone else would, she struggled, and the grip grew tighter. Some people ran past the alley, and the boy's strength loosened.

Mint brought her hands up and tugged his hand off of her mouth. She jumped up, condencing a stream of water into a staff and standing above where the boy was still sitting, sprawled, on the ground. He held his hands up.

"So you're the thief?"

The boy sighed, lowering his arms. "Uh...I guess so? But I'm also the prince, though no one seems to recognize me." Glancing around, he relaxed against the wall. "That's a good thing."

Mint nearly dropped her staff. "Prince Tristan?"

"Yep."

Mint could hardly believe that the boy sitting in peasant's clothes lying against the wall so unprincely could be the prince.

"But you're a thief?"

"Eh..." the boy--Tristan--looked sort of ashamed. "I hope not for long...I'm only doing it now because I didn't take any money from my dad. It wouldn't be right." He looked away. Mint grimaced.

"Just what did you take?"

Tristan looked back to Mint. "Just a small loaf of bread."

Mint sighed slightly. "That won't keep you fed for long. Come with me." She grabbed his hand.

"Whoa, wait, what're you doing?!"

"Taking you to get you some food."

"You...aren't taking me in?" He sounded sort of surprised.

"No. I don't like it that you stole... ...But I can't just leave you here to starve." She melted and evaporated her staff and hauled Tristan to his feet. "My name's Mint." He nodded. Still looking suspicious, Mint led him into the town.

Walking up to the nearest vendor, she bought some apples, onions, potatoes, and three onions. Tristan kept his head down so no one would recognize him.

"Don't you have any guards here?" Tristan said in a low voice into Mint's ear.

Shaking her head, she said, "No."

"What do you do when there is a thief?"

"Uh..." Mint thought about it. "We don't really get thieves much. it's a pretty quiet town."

Tristan groaned a little. "I hate the castle, but the outside world is even more boring."

"You've never been outside the castle?" Mint was surprised. She thought that being the prince, he could go anywhere he wanted.

"Yeah," Tristan said, almost as if reading her mind. He sounded wistful. "I get all these boring classes and secret classes for magic, and my father never wants me to leave the walls. Being a prince isn't what it's cracked up to be."

"Magic?"

"Yeah." Tristan grinned. "I'm a mage."

Mint immediately understood why it had to be kept secret. "I can go anywhere over the mountain, but my grandma won't let me go past the town."

"Your grandma? What about your parents?"

"They...they died..." Mint looked away.

"Oh." Tristan glanced at the ground. "Sorry for bringing it up."

"I...don't mind..."

"How did they die?"

"A fire."

"My mother died in an attempted assassination. It was poison, and my father was next. If he hadn't woken up when he did..." Tristan didn't finish. They were quiet for a while as they walked down the road.

"So," Mint said. "What are you going to do now?"

Tristan shrugged. "I didn't really have a plan after getting past the castle." He peered over Mint's shoulder at her groceries. She smiled and held up an apple.

"You hungry?"

Tristan nodded.

"Well, let's go up to my house. You can lay low there."

Tristan nodded.

Mint turned on her heel and faced him. "But you have to promise me something."

"What?" Tristan asked, stepping back a little as though ready to run away.

Mint smiled. "Just don't steal anymore, okay?"

Tristan grinned. "I promise," he said, and stuck out a hand. Mint glanced at it, then shook it. She started off to the mountain. Tristan jogged up so he was walking next to her.

"So..." he said. "What's your grandma like?"

"She's pretty strict, but nice, too," Mint said. "Kole is sort of wary of strangers, but he's nice, too."

"Kole?"

"Yeah. He's my friend, though he's more like a father now that my parents died."

"How old is he?" Tristan asked.

"He's thirteen, like me." Mint saw Tristan's look and smiled slightly. "I'm sorry. Kole's my pet cat."

"A cat?" Tristan's eyebrows raised. "A real cat?"

"Yes," Mint said.

"I've never seen a real cat before," Tristan murmured, looking at the tops of the trees in wonder.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they aren't common, you know, and the royal family just doesn't have one."

Mint was silent.

"So, uh, what do you do every day if you can't leave the mountain?"

Mint shrugged slightly and looked at him. "Training, mostly."

"Training?"

"Oh, yeah. You saw my staff, right?"

Tristan nodded slightly. "I guess I forgot. You're hydrokinetic?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see something?"

Mint smiled and condensed the air in front of her into a small sream of water. She curled it around he finger, then swirled it around her and Tristan while they walked along. Tristan reached out to it, and Mint tried to keep it as steady as possible. As his finger touched it, it shimmered, but kept still. Tristan stuck his finger all the way through until it came out the other side and he wiggled it in wonder.

It froze around his finger. "Hey!" he cried, and shook his hand.

"I'm sorry!" Mint gasped. They stopped walking, and Tristan tugged on his finger.

"Wait," Mint said. She focused on the water and it melted, splashing onto the ground.

Rubbing his finger, Tristan shot a glare at Mint. "What was that for?!"

"I--I don't know! It just froze..." Mint bit her lip. Tristan's face softened.

"It's okay. It just stung really bad." He blew on his finger. It was red.

"Maybe Grandma has something to put on that..." Mint said. Then she raised her head. "Oh, I know." She tugged on her glove and handed it to him. "Wear this if you want to touch any of the water, okay?"

Tristan took the glove and slipped it onto his hand. "Leather?" Mint nodded. He looked at her and grinned. "Can I see more?"

Mint smiled and made a staff as they started walking again. She formed the staff into a dagger, then a sword, then an eagle, then she melted it into another stream of water that she twirled around.

Watching in amazement, Tristan grinned. "Can you actually fight with this stuff?"

"Yeah," Mint said. She twisted the water into different shapes and sizes and froze it and melted it and forged it and formed it and twirled it and moved it in ways that she had taught herself over the endless hours of her having every day. Suddenly Mint felt a little sick. Taking a sharp breath, she keeled over and fell to the ground.

"Mint?" Tristan exclaimed, kneeling beside her. the water stopped moving and simply fell to the grass, being soaked up by the soil. "Mint?!" He put a hand on her shoulder as she gasped, clutching her stomach and her head.

Tristan looked completely confused and worried. He tilted his head so he could see her face.

"I..." Mint said, swallowing. "I'm okay..."

"Can you stand?"

Mint tried, but her knees wobbled and she collapsed again. "I'll be fine, but..." She looked up at him. "Could you help me?"

Putting one of her arms around his shoulders, Tristan stood slowly so that Mint could get her footing.

"What was that?" Tristan asked, bewildered.

"When I...when I run out of energy, I feel really sick..." Mint swallowed again, her face white and contorted in pain as a bead of sweat ran down her cheek.

"You sure look sick," Tristan said. He gazed off into the forest. "Does this happen a lot?"

"Me running out of energy? Yeah, I guess. Training this morning must have taken a lot from me, and so does evaporating things and freezing things."

"Sounds bad."

"I...I guess..." Mint said quietly. They walked in silence for a little while, and then Mint glanced up.

"Oh, there's the cabin," she said. Tristan looked up.

"Grandma!" Mint called as loud as she could. "Grandma, I'm back!"

"It's about time," a voice called out. The front door opened, and Mint's Grandma came out. "Does it really take that long to get a few apples?" She seemed to notice Tristan and pursed her lips.

"Who is this?"

"My name is Tristan, Madam," Tristan said, sounding to Mint like a prince for once. He moved to hold out a hand, but remembered Mint and stayed where he was.

"And what happened to you?" She looked to Mint.

"I...ran out of energy again."

Mint's grandmother looked as though she was going to scold her, but sighed and her gaze snapped to Tristan. He straightened immediately.

"Take her inside and put her to bed. She'll feel better in an hour or so, but only the moon can replenish her energy."

Tristan nodded slightly and moved toward the doorway.

"I'm sorry..." Mint mumbled. Tristan shifted and looked at her.

"Why are you sorry?"

"...Well, if I were more stronger..."

"You're plenty strong. That's like saying that you--"

Mint?

"Kole!" Mint cried as the cat slinked into the room. Taking her arm from around Tristan's shoulder, she fell to the ground next to him.

Kole shook his head. You used all of your magic again, didn't you?

Tristan stumbled away from the cat. "It...it can talk!?"

Mint glanced at Tristan the same time Kole did. "Y--Yeah," Mint said, glancing off to her right. "I guess I forgot to mention it..."

Who is this?

"Uh, Kole, this is Tristan. The prince. Tristan, Kole." Tristan moved a little closer, and Mint laughed.

"It's not like he'll bite you."

"No, I guess not," Tristan mumbled, looking foolish. He knelt next to Mint and held a hand out to Kole. "Hello?"

Hello.

Tristan jumped. "I will never get used to that," he said. Kole sneezed, his wings unfolding and sinking a little.

Tristan moved closer to Mint. "C'mon, I need to get you in bed. Kole seems like he needs some rest, too..." He helped Mint up again and helped her into her room, Kole following at their heels.

Mint collapsed onto her bed and lay her head down.

"I, uh, I'll go see if your grandma wants some help with the groceries." He moved out of the room. Kole jumped onto the pillow.

How did you come upon the prince in the town?

Mint sighed. I'm too tired, Kole... Mint thought, and fell asleep.

----- <3 -----

Just a story I wrote for Mint. Enjoy~! It is not done; just a second!
"I like old houses. They make me feel sad."
"How is that a good thing?"
"Sad is happy for deep people."

-Doctor Who

-----

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

Serenity.neko

• Tier 5
  • "Bring it."
Re: Letters
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »
Part two!~

-----
She woke up to Kole curled up at her feet. Sitting up, she heard voices in the kitchen and things clanking around.

"Kole...?" Mint groaned. Kole lifted his head and yawned.

Yes?

"Wha's goin' on?"

Your grandmother and Tristan are in the kitchen.

Mint slipped out of bed and walked into the hallway. I'll get you some milk or something, Mint thought. She stuck her head into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes.

"Gran'ma...?"

"Yes?"

"Kole wants milk."

Mint's grandmother sighed. "And some fish with that, I suppose?"

Mint looked thoughtful, then nodded.

"Ah, Mint, you're awake," Tristan said, coming in through the back door with a bucket of water. "Your grandmother has allowed me to sleep in the hut."

Mint stared at her grandma. "But the hut gets so cold at night, Grandma," Mint said.

"Then he can sleep on the floor. It's either the floor or the hay."

"Grandma, he's still the prince."

"He's still a thief," her grandmother pointed out. "And anyway, the floor gets cold too."

Tristan looked back and forth between them. "Uh, I don't care where, actually. I've slept on the ground the past few days..."

"You can have my bed; I'll sleep on the floor," Mint said. "You're still the prince, even if a part-time thief, and you deserve our best."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "You get tired of hearing things like that." But he didn't complain.

"Mint, dinner's done if you want to get Kole in here."

"I could try..." Mint returned to her room.

"Kole, dinner's done," she said.

Kole stretched and stood. What did they make?

"Fish and some milk for you. Fish and cinnamon apples for us."

Kole slid onto the floor, letting his wings unfurl until they were at their length, then folded them again.

Mint turned, went to the kitchen, and sat at the table. Kole went to the bowl at the far end of the table and hopped into the chair. Tristan sat across from Mint's grandmother.

"Serve yourself," she ordered. Mint filled her plate, and so did everyone else.

They ate dinner and talked, Tristan commenting on just how sweet the apples were and how the spices used for the fish really brought out the flavor. Mint's grandmother offered to give him the recipe. Mint talked more about her training, and her grandma noted how Mint's training as starting to slow down to a snail's pace. Tristan laughed.

"And that's off to bed for you, kids," Mint's grandmother declared. "Tristan, I can lend you some clothes to sleep in."

Tristan raised his hands. "That's all right," he said quickly. "I'm just fine."

"You're sleeping in my room, Mint. That or the hut."

"I'll take the hut..." Mint said. Sleeping in her grandmother's room would be torture; the snoring alone was enough to make her not sleep for weeks, it echoing in her ears. Mint pointed the way to her room and headed out the back door.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, Mint thought to Kole as she headed to the hut. A cold gust of wind made her shiver.

Kole sneezed again.

"You should go inside," Mint said. "Your cold will only get worse out here..."

Kole shook his head. Mint shrugged and pushed open the hut.

It smelled completely like hay dust, and Mint sneezed, waving at her face. The hay was all over the place, along with a few tools and things. The cold breeze drifted through the thin cracks in the walls, and through them Mint could see the sunset. She grabbed her coat tighter around herself and settled down in the hay. It was very comforting and slightly warm, but the stalks poked into her side and back. Mint got as comfortable as possible and opened the window. That way the moon could shine on her and replenish her energy for the next day.

Mint made a small pillow of hay and settled down, Kole curling up in the nook her body made, keeping her stomach warm. She stroked his feathers for a bit, but then closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Mint woke to the smell of smoke and fire. She had no idea how long she had been asleep. She sat up, and a coat fell off of her. A coat? Where had that come from? A distant memory tingled in the back of her mind...

"Mama? Daddy?" The little girl stumbled through the house. "Kole!"

I'm here, Mint, said a voice off to her right.

"Kole!" She slipped at the top of the stairs and fell. Choking,, she tried to get to her feet. "Mama! Daddy! Kole!"

She felt something soft under her fingers. She coughed and choked again, and the soft thing moved. Blinded by smoke and deaf from the raging fire Mint followed the soft thing to the front door, which had somehow been ripped off of it's hinges.

"Mama! Daddy!"

They aren't here, Mint.

Mint tripped over a rock and fell into the dewy grass. "But Mama and Daddy are still in there, Kole!" Still blinded, she felt around until she felt heat on her face. There was a crack.

"Mama! Daddy!" Another crack. Then Mint opened her eyes and saw the blurry shape of her house collapsing in on itself.

"Mama! Daddy!" She screamed.She tried moving toward the firey mass, but something soft and feathery got in her way, stopping her. "Mama..." she said, tears running down her face. She fell to her knees and buried her face into Kole's fur. "Daddy..."

It will be alright, Mint. We have each other.

Mint shook her head. There was a fire! How close? Opening her eyes, all she saw was flame. Red, orange, yellow, blue. Flickering death, jeering her, poking her, coaxing her into the warmth.

Mint! Kole shouted. We have to get out of here before the whole thing collapses!

Mint felt around and her hand found the jacket. Clutching it to her chest, she looked around wildly for an opening in the fire.

"Grandma!" She yelled. Her breath caught in her throat, and she coughed. She tried to condence water, but there was none. She was a helpless little girl again.

"Ma..." Mint cried. "Dad..." She wiped at her eyes, and she felt soot and tears. Kole sat next to her, tail flicking.

It will be alright, Mint, Kole said, repeating what he had said so many years ago. We have each other.

Another tear slipped down her cheek, and she sat there, clinging to the coat.

"Mint...!" She heard faintly. Her eyes snapped open.

"Mint!" The voice was slightly closer. Tristan.

"Mint! Kole!" Her grandmother. "There's a...shadow over there..." Mint missed a few of her words, but Mint had a feeling she was talking to Tristan.

Mint felt as though she were drowning in the ashes and soot. She coughed, chocked, and coughed again.

"Mint!" Tristan sounded a few feet away, as close to the fire as he could get. Kole's ears pricked up.

He's going to try and come in, Kole said to Mint.

"No..." she whispered. "No!" She yelled. "No, it's too dangerous!"

"I have to." His voice was quiet; far away. Mint heard a crack. Tears ran down her cheeks, and she was angry at her uselessness. A fire reached out and batted at her hand, and she gave a small shriek and moved back a little farther.

Come on, it seemed to be saying. You know you want to. Don't you want to see your parents?

The flames seemed to form into the shapes of her parents. Maybe it was her imagination; she couldn't tell.

"Mom...Daddy..." her voice cracked. Reading her mind, Kole's head snapped to Mint.

Don't.

"But..." Mint whispered. "It's Mama and Daddy...They want to hold me again...To love me again..."

"Mint!" She heard another shout from Tristan, and her tears stopped flowing. A shape broke through the fire where her parents were, making them disappear in a wave of smoke. A shape that was covered in a blanket. Mint's blanket.

"Tristan..." Mint murmured.

He lifted his head, almost as if he had heard her. "Come on, Mint," he said, grabbing her forearm, "let's get out of here." There was another crack, and Tristan cocked a grin. "On three, alright?"

Unable to speak, Mint nodded silently.

"One..." Tristan poised to jump back through, wrapping Mint in the blanket. "Two..." Another crack rang out through the forest. "Three!" Kole and Tristan darted forward. Tristan yanked on Mint, pulling her forward with a jerk and to her feet. Curling up, Tristan and Kole slipped through the flames. Mint stumbled through them, feeling sick, she was so hot. She was burning.

She crashed into Tristan, sending them tumbling. Kole shook himself, making my embers fly into the grass. The hut folded in on itself with a final

Crack...Crack-crack-crackaboom!

Mint sat there, shivering, her chin trembling. Tristan put a hand on her shoulder and said softly, "Are you alright?"

Mint sobbed, finally letting all of her fear and sadness out in a choking breath. She cried again, and Tristan buried her face into his shoulder, stifling her sobs and putting a comforting hand on the back of her head. She gripped his shirt, wishing her parents were there to comfort her, and broke down bawling.

Mint's grandmother reappeared, hefting a pan. She started to say something, but seeing Mint and Tristan she stopped and stood as far away as Kole was.

Tristan noticed that Kole and Mint's grandma were there and jerked away from Mint.

Her crying slowed, and she wiped her eyes before looking up, the blanket still wrapped tightly around her.

"I'm sorry, Gran'ma," she mumbled. Tristan looked at her sadly.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" Her grandma said, bouncing the pan on her shoulder. "I couldn't catch the guy who set fire to the place, but he was a big guy."

"Yeah, Mint," Tristan said. He made a move as though he was going to hug her, but stopped. He leaned back and swallowed. "It's not your fault."

Mint shrugged, and the blanket fell off her back. Tristan glanced around and saw the jacket lying a few feet away. He grabbed it and put it around Mint's shoulders.

"Here. You wouldn't let go of it in there."

Mint sniffed. "It's yours, isn't it?"

Tristan rubbed the back of his neck. "Um, yeah."

"How did it get into the hut?"

"I was lying in bed when I heard you sneeze outside. I thought you had to have been cold, so I brought you my jacket..."

Mint gave a small smile. "Thank you."

"Eh, no problem..."

Kole walked up. I think you'd best sleep inside tonight, Mint.

Her smile grew. "You think?" she whispered.

"I think you can have your bed back," Tristan said softly. "I'll sleep on the floor in the kitchen or something."

Mint bowed her head. "Thank you," she said again. She shuddered, giving a last heave of a cry, and shivered. Tristan helped her to her feet again, and they walked inside, Kole and Mint's grandmother at their heels.

Once Mint was settled into bed and her grandmother was in her own room, Tristan let out a deep breath.

"I guess the outside world is more fun than I thought it'd be." He gave a grin and looked to Mint. She was already asleep.

Mint could sketchily remember someone whispering in her ear, "Good night, Mint."

It had sounded like her father.

Mint opened her eyes to the sound of someone banging on the front door. She rolled over and groaned. She had been looking forward to getting a nice rest. Mint stumbled into the front of the house, rubbing her eyes and squinting against the glare of the sun.

"Hello," a man with a deep voice said. Mint woke up immediately. Her grandmother had gotten to the door before her.

She stopped at the corner and eavesdropped in on the conversation. She saw Tristan tip-toe to the corner and listen, too. His eyes asked a question, and Mint shrugged.

"Yes?" Mint's grandmother drawled. she obviously wasn't completely awake.

"Have you seen Prince Tristan lately?"

Tristan's eyes shot open. He stared in anticipation down the hall.

"What is it?" Mint mouthed.

"That's the guards," Tristan answered. Mint closed her mouth and stood in silence.

"And what if I have?" Her grandma snapped, fully awake.

"He ran away, you see, and we are currently doing a search for him."

"Well, he isn't here." Mint's grandmother started to close the door, but the man held it open with a foot.

"We have the King's permission to use force if necessary, ma'am."

"And how did you think to look here?"

"A large plume of smoke, ma'am. Can we come in?"

"No." She pushed on the door, denting the metal of the guard's boot.

The door was shoved on, and Mint's grandmother stumbled back. The guard held a sword to her throat.

"Whoa, hey!" Tristan yelled. He stepped out from behind the corner and walked forward, hands in the air. The guards froze.

"Violence isn't necessary."

"But, my Prince, she might have been keeping you ransom...or worse...!"

"I order you to back off."

"Your father's orders come before the Prince's."

Tristan sighed. "Do you see my father actually here?"

The guard glanced around. "Uh, no."

"Then listen to this order instead: I will come with you as long as you leave this house and these people alone forever."

"But Tristan!" Mint whispered. Tristan looked at her over his shoulder, curious. "Weren't you the one who wanted to run away in the first place?"

Tristan faced forward again. "If it means giving you and Kole peace, Mint, I'll go."

"But..." Mint trailed off. She had made a friend, and now he was leaving?

Tristan gave a signal to the guards, and they stepped back from Mint's grandmother and left the house, slamming the door shut behind them.

"I'm..." Mint's grandma said, out of breath. "I think I'll go take a nap..." Holding her hand to her head, she walked past Mint and Tristan and into her room. Tristan hadn't looked away from Mint once.

They stood in silence. "I'm sorry, Mint." He stepped forward and hugged her. She hugged him back.

"You...you're my first friend in a long time...and now you're going..." She was sad, but she didn't cry.

Tristan pressed her nose into his collar. "I know, and you're my first friend."

"Hey," he said. He straightened his arms and looked at her from arms-length, his hands on her shoulders. "We could communicate by letter, if you wanted."

"That'd be good," Mint said quietly. He pulled her into a hug again.

"You probably saved my life; I could have starved down there."

"You did save my life..." Mint said. "I would be dead right now if you hadn't gotten me out of there."

"You showed me those cool tricks."

"You showed me what a friend is."

"Same here." He let go of her and stepped back, toward the front door. He was grinning.

"I'll write a letter to you as soon as possible, alright? Don't go dying in any fires, okay?"

Mint smiled and looked down at the floor. When she looked up again, he was gone and the door swung, slightly open. She rushed over and threw the door open, seeing Tristan's back as he headed down the hill with the guards. He looked back, grinned again, and waved. Mint raised her hand in a small wave herself, watching the sun start to rise.

-----

Mint smiled and leaned back in her chair, remembering everything. She twisted her torso and gently picked up the quill from the floor. She straightened out a piece of paper, dipped her quill in a small vial of ink, and wrote her reply.

Dear Tristan,

You said you would try to come and meet me again? That would be great.

Running the feather over her lips, she thought about what to write. Bending over the paper again, she spilled a drop of ink over the top. The ink ran toward the page and got soaked up. Mint stopped herself from wiping it away. It looked like a flickering flame.

-Doctor Who

-----

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »
AWWW! Mint is so cute! :hug: Now I know more of  Mint's personality and stuffs! She rocks!

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »
The name Mint reminds of the strawberry girl in Tokyo Mew. xD But this is a very good storyline and it has a good flow and the dialogue evens out the description at times so your story is very balanced. I like your characters too. They have light, humoring personalities. :)
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »
wow, neko :D i really like it :D i can totally see something like this being published. it's really well done :D (wow... i used that emote three times :P)

Serenity.neko

• Tier 5
  • "Bring it."
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »
@Blood Angel Evengelion: XD Yep, that's actually where I got her name from. Bu~ut, I made my Mint's personality way different. I like the name "Mint". ^u^ And I like having characters that are believable. ...And I don't like making evil characters. That's why Cass hates his job, and why I only have one villain. -THIS IS TO YOU, VASHA. >x>- So because of that most of my characters turn out very likable. :D

@Vasha: OoO That...that is something I thought I'd never hear you say. XD Thanks a bunch; it means a lot. :DDD

Well, I have a feeling I might be working on another story, this time for Cass. I hope you like it when it's posted~!

-Doctor Who

-----

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »
okay, can i set things straight?

1) just because i like to make villains, that doesn't make me weird. i enjoy non pyschotic people, too, my stuff is just darker. and villains are essential. they create conflict, without which no one wants to read stuff
2) i am NOT harsh on literature. i see things, i fix them. most of my stuff is grammatical. i enjoy almost everything i read (or else i wouldn't read it :P). if you want someone harsh, talk to my brother ::) i am NOT overly crtical or a stick in the mud

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 11:51:10 PM »
Very nice! :seraismile: It could use some fine tuning, but the style is good and the characters have heart. I can tell that you're really interested in what you're writing. I hope to read more from you. And, if you keep up the hobby, I can definitely see you becoming an accomplished writer.  :vikonsmile:

Serenity.neko

• Tier 5
  • "Bring it."
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »
Thanks, Merlandese! And Vasha, I'm sorry I offended you! D'; I didn't mean to. And I never said you were weird. And...I guess this story doesn't really have a villain, huh...? Unless you count the fire. XP And I like critique, but I always like it when compliments come along with that.

-Doctor Who

-----

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
well, somebody set the barn on fire, didn't they? -thought he remembered something like that-

Serenity.neko

• Tier 5
  • "Bring it."
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
Yes, that's right. Open the spoiler if you want to know who. (or what, I guess)

Spoiler: show
It was the last dragon. Back for revenge!  :o

-Doctor Who

-----