Author Topic: Chris Brown Physical Abuse: Was he in the right, or the wrong?  (Read 3069 times)

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Chris Brown Physical Abuse: Was he in the right, or the wrong?
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Moved from the original topic:

I don't call him "Chris Brown--or 'Breezy'" anymore. I will only call him woman-beater. :-X He's the one who screwed up Rihanna to the point that every time I see her, I get freaked out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:46:09 PM by Raxus Bartholomew Anode Von Ronsenburg of Dalmasca »

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Chris Brown Physical Abuse: In the right, or the wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
(I know what you mean. I don't have any respect for him anymore either. I can't stand people who "don't have their fists in control" (my mom's ex-stepfather used to beat her when she was a child and a teenager, thus I know how such a thing can change/screw-up people). Even I called him woman-beater when Sizzle asked me if I know him/his music or so. I acknowledge his talent, but that's about it. He seems hypocritical to me, because he sings such sugary songs, yet he couldn't help but beat up Rihanna. >.>)

No offense, Sizzle. It's not my intention to judge you just because you like Chris Brown's music.

Back on topic: I suppose you just have to wait a little longer until this song is downloadable. Try to be a little more patient. ;P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:00:29 PM by меланхолия »

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »
n-n Well I don't judge him cause none of us were there and we've only got 2 sep stories so. :3
Obviously there are many variables that can cause things like this, past problems, current problems, etc. It's not right to blame the individual, esp when they themselves have came from a family of domestic abuse.
Plus, it's not like Rhianna didn't push him to the point, opinions are all that matters though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:49:35 PM by Sizzle »
This quote will be legend

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
But how can you not judge him? He beat a girl! There's no excuse for that. :stare: Ever. Not only that, but he bit her! What the hell? Does he think he's a vampire or something? ::)

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:52:59 PM »
She grabbed the wheel while he was driving and almost ran them off the road, threw he keys out the window, and kept talking shit to him. Sorry there's a point any human will overreact. Unless you've came from a family of domestic abuse I don't really see much room to judge since you haven't grown up the same way. Further more just cause you have different body parts doesn't give you the right to walk over and slap your partner because you know they can't do anything back.

Edit:Though this is not the thread for this. So I will end this here. :] I love this song and Breezy is awesome.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:04:14 PM by Sizzle »
This quote will be legend

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
Well, I don't come from a family of domestic (physical) abuse (I come from a family of domestic emotional/verbal abuse*), but my mom does. My father was verbally/emotionally abusive*, though, there were times where I was afraid he would beat me, because he did it once when I accidently broke a glass (even though I was sorry for this my father didn't show any mercy...)...my father has always been a very dominant, strict person...gosh, I was even too scared to go to toilet, because my father would scream at me (I'm very sensitive, btw, I can't bear it when people scream at each other or/and at me) for getting up in the middle of the night (it may sound funny or harmless to some of you, but he scared me that much...especially the consequenses were really humiliating for me). However, speaking of my mom, there were times where she (nearly) slaped me also, because she had no idea how to handle her temper (she unintentionally learnt this from her ex-stepfather...thankfully, she was able get her aggression (more) under control as opposed to her ex-stefather who she deeply hates for what he did)...living together with an insensitive a*sshole, coming from a home of domestic violence can screw you up, but if you love/care about someone you try your best to not hurt that person, no matter how annoying that person can be. You should never cross the line like CB did. People should know better than that...

* In case you think psychological abuse isn't worth-mentioning because it's not physical abuse...well, emotional abuse can have a (big) negative impact on people, too. It also causes issues (look here...I know, it's wikipedia, but it looks sort of (well) researched, so...). So don't try telling me I'm not in the right to judge Chris Brown just because I was able to escape and avoid physical abuse (thank god). Verbal/emotional is bad enough and unnecessary, though. Abuse is abuse. It shouldn't exist...neither the "less" harmful (non-physical/emotional/verbal abuse) form nor the worst form of all (strong, nonsexual-physical abuse & sexual abuse).

@ Raxus: I guess it would be better to start a new topic for this, say, remove this off-topic discussion to another area?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:50:02 PM by меланхолия »

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »
She grabbed the wheel while he was driving and almost ran them off the road, threw he keys out the window, and kept talking shit to him. Sorry there's a point any human will overreact. Unless you've came from a family of domestic abuse I don't really see much room to judge since you haven't grown up the same way. Further more just cause you have different body parts doesn't give you the right to walk over and slap your partner because you know they can't do anything back

So the fact that she overreacted allows him to beat her up to the point that she's black-and-blue? There is no reason anyone should beat up another person.

Moony

• 満月がとても美しいですね。
  • Tier 7
    • Website
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Chris Brown Physical Abuse: Was he in the right, or the wrong?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »
She grabbed the wheel while he was driving and almost ran them off the road, threw he keys out the window, and kept talking shit to him. Sorry there's a point any human will overreact. Unless you've came from a family of domestic abuse I don't really see much room to judge since you haven't grown up the same way. Further more just cause you have different body parts doesn't give you the right to walk over and slap your partner because you know they can't do anything back.
Sure, there is a point when people can overreact. But beating someone up is not normal. How can you do that to a person you love and care about? People who think that this is ok, are messed up and should go and visit doctor about this.
Growing up in a violent family is no excuse for this. He is just messed up.
http://meelika.myportfolio.com/ - photography portfolio
http://wanderstarstudios.com/ - game Rax & I are working on

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
Re: Chris Brown Physical Abuse: Was he in the right, or the wrong?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
Indeed. There are exceptions, but they belong to the self-defence department. Both of them overreacted, but CB's overreacton was much, much worse. If he impulsively slapped her once instead of beating her up, I wouldn't be that harsh on him. Coming from a family of domestic abuse may explain this, but it's no excuse. It's like: "Hey, daddy used to molest me, I couldn't help but molest my own child, too!"

Anyway, I really do hope CB's learnt from this. It would be horrible if he thinks he was in the right. His doing wasn't justified. He needs to get his temper under control. Sadly, it's hard to overcome something like this, because as soon as you break a certain inhibition level it's difficult to get back to "normal" terms. I'm not saying he is a ticking time bomb...he just should try to avoid a similar situation at all costs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:12:50 PM by меланхолия »