Author Topic: 1000 Awesome Things  (Read 1886 times)

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
1000 Awesome Things
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »
http://1000awesomethings.com/

Nice place to visit when you're feeling a bit low. Share your favorite "awesome things," whether they be ones you find at the blog or ones you've experienced yourself. :3

Spoiler: A couple of my favorite from the 1000 Awesome Things blog • show

[quote]
#500 Making it halfway

Maybe you’re running on the treadmill when you catch the clock tick past the middle of your sweaty jog. Maybe you’re reading late at night and notice you’re on the middle page where the left and right sides form one big rectangle of paper. Or maybe you’re on a long Sunday drive to visit a hometown friend when you pass that rusty gas station halfway down the highway.

Yes, it sure is sweet making it halfway anywhere. It means you got started, you gave it a shot, and now you’re doing it, baby.

When you make it halfway take a moment to smile and enjoy where you’re at. Because sure, there’s a lot in that rearview mirror, but there’s so much around the bend, too.

AWESOME!

[/quote]

[quote]
#584 That one email account you use for all your spam

Sorry, you need my email address?

Sure, no problem open house real estate agent, clothing store mailing list, or random membership-required website.

Hit me up at idontcheckthisaccount @sorryaboutthat.com

AWESOME!

[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:05:16 PM by Rayen »

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Rayen

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
Re: 1000 Awesome Things
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:21:09 AM »
Rain on the "official" first day of Fall. ... Awesome. Just pure awesome.

COME ON PEOPLE, CONTRIBUTE. ):<

-----

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
There's a lot of stuff on that list! Who likes yellow teeth!?

Spoiler: show
#417 The sound of water lapping against a dock -- Soothing.

#898 Playing old-school video games -- Obviously. Also, high-school and middle-school games.

#896 That feeling you get right after you just vomited -- Don't know why, but I'll swear by it.

#1000 Broccoflower -- I actually learned about this in a casual study of fractals and Fibonacci numbers. The brilliance of math in nature is compelling.

#539 When you open a book to the exact page you were looking for -- Although, any time I open a book it's awesome.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:11:12 AM »
Oh, and #563 Watching cream go into coffee. I just saw this and started up my percolator. It has to be done.

Rayen

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 02:28:33 AM »
#408 Dinosaurs

They ruled Earth for millions of years. With brains the size of peanuts. And tiny, hilarious arms.

AWESOME!

My own: Manager chairs. Always nice to have a chair big enough to fit your feet and legs on, so you can twirl around in it with ease~ Awesome.

-----

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:35:30 AM »
#955 Sneezing three or more times in a row

Sometimes sneezes hit you and hit you hard.

Unless you’re rolling around in a pile of ragweed or sleeping on a pillow filled with pepper and cat hair, it usually starts completely out of nowhere. You feel that tickle deep up your nose. Just a tiny little quiver way, way up there, near where you eyeball connects to your brain. You squint a bit, pull your hand up to your mouth, and then BOOM! Your eyes squeeze tightly, your face contorts and crunches together, and it screams down your face at the speed of sneeze, exploding out of your mouth in a wet and ugly climax of snot droplets and head goo flying in all directions.

Despite the look of it, sneezing can feel pretty great. Not only does repeated sneezing give you a weird, spacey head rush, but it can also be quite refreshing. Those sinuses get cleaned out a bit. The nose hairs get a brief, windy blow down. Plus, you fire whatever might be irritating your nasal cavity out of your nose like a cannon, sending it flying across the room in a spastic I Must Get This Out Of Me overreaction.

Now, although sneezes are usually a surprise, there are times when you know they’re in there and you just want them to leave. What’s worse than that frustratingly stubborn sneeze? I’m talking about the kind that pauses all conversation, leaving your friends stuck grimacing and watching you writhe in an agitated Potentially Sneezing Soon state, trying to force the sneeze locked in your nose in or out.

It’s just awkward.

But that’s why it feels great to let that booming sneeze out, preferably in a punctuated rat-a-tat-tat sequence of three or more sneezes for the full effect. Tiny mousesqueak sneezes or booming dogbark sneezes welcome, because whatever your style man, that’s cool. It’s all good.

And hey, you know what’s the best part? Free blessing! Yes, everyone around you chimes in just when your body is buzzing, your sinuses are sparkling, and your head pipes are all vacuumed clean.

AWESOME!

My mom always sneezes three times when she sneezes. I usually sneeze four. xD
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »
I've never commented on how fantastic that blog is. The creator of that site gave a talk about enjoying life, and it just got posted on TED recently -- It was quite an inspiring speech; a simple message, but something that needed to be said.

TED Video: The 3 'A's of Awesome - Neil Pasricha [click]

I was particularly fond of the apple-from-Morocco story and from there to the end.

DreamingSoul-

• Tier 2
  • Whooshness of the Waves ;P
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:17:14 AM »
Writing.   :seraismile:
My Soul Lives With The Wolves.