Author Topic: Ouvre Les Yeux  (Read 1339 times)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Ouvre Les Yeux
« on: August 27, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
"Ouvre vos yeux, I'm here, little birdy."

A man sat on a street corner, strumming on a guitar, singing out to anyone who would stop to listen. A dog was curled up next to him, watching passersby occasionally drop coins into a hat. The man closed his eyes, letting the music take him away - taking his thoughts to those of her, as this song always did. He had promised himself that he would move on, that he would not spend his whole life thinking of her, but he knew that he would never forget her. He couldn't.

"Bonjour, mon Amour. Won't you give me your love?"

That day when they met... it was the most memorable event in his life. The streets were empty; all the people had been flushed out by the pouring rain. She was hustling to find someplace dry, he was packing up his stuff to get out of the rain. She bumped into him, he smiled, he held out his umbrella. She smiled back at him, he led her to safety. They fell in love.

"Eh bien, mon cher. Won't you stay with me?"

They saw each other after that, as most couples do. When the rain let up, she told him where she lived, and every day he would stop be, even if just for a few minutes before he played on the street corner again. He fell madly in love with her, and each day he looked forward to seeing her more. He was deeply in love.

"Cassez mon coeur. Why'd you fly away?"

Then one day, he stopped by for a second time after he had finished playing. He did't want to wait for the next day to come to see her, he wanted to be with her again... forever. But when he found her, she wasn't alone. She saw him, and she screamed, and tears filled his eyes. He ran out before any words could be said, and they never saw each other again.

"Ouvre mes yeux. You've gone away."

Now he sits on the street corner every day, singing his songs to anyone who will listen. His companion is a dog now, and anyone else he can meet who will get his mind off his sorrows. Every so often he'll meet a new person, and they'll spend some time, but it's never love. It could never be like it was before. Not like it was with her.

"Ouvre nos yeux. I've come, and you flew away."

He opened his eyes again as the song begins to come to an end. It's her song, it was written for her, and it always would remind him of her. He wouldn't dwell on it - he wouldn't let her ruin his life - but he'd never forget her. He could never forget her. He still loved her. He always would.

"Cassez mon coeur. Why'd you fly away?"

======

Yes, that is french. But I'm too lazy to post up the translations, so find them yourself :P just a little short thing i whipped up in the past hour or so. if any of you have been in the chat recently (more people should be ::) not that i'm shamelessly advertising :D) you'll recognize this character, probably.

thoughts/comments/critiques/concerns?

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Ouvre Les Yeux
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
It-it's Jake! D:

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »
Yes. Yes it is. :P why does that deserve a 'D:'?

Doragon

• will not hesitate to sic her OCs on you.
  • Tier 5
  • Need a pyro? Call me.
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
Because he is a shameless flirt with a broken heart inside. :O
Do you know what I mean when I say "I don't want to be alone?"
I no longer have a choice but to pretend I am brave, for a soldier has to be brave...

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
he's not shameless! Kashen is shameless, jake is not! jake can respect the fact that people don't want to be flirted with!

Doragon

• will not hesitate to sic her OCs on you.
  • Tier 5
  • Need a pyro? Call me.
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »
Pff, fair enough. xD He did stop flirting with Sowl, in any case.
Do you know what I mean when I say "I don't want to be alone?"
I no longer have a choice but to pretend I am brave, for a soldier has to be brave...