Author Topic: Castle Chase  (Read 12547 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Castle Chase
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 09:13:47 PM »
This is a fun little game! I had a really good time with it. Although, stupid me, I can't figure out how to get the very last ending... I've gathered that it's Percival, but he just doesn't love me... Why won't you open your heart, Percy!

The soundtrack is great. I wish there were more variety, but a few great songs is better than a bunch of carp, so kudos to the composer. :musicnote:

Racheal

• Tier 2
  • Cute. Is that what your mother taught you?
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
Spoiler: On the matter of Percy • show
The first step to Percival's ending is helping him complete his job. That is, the very first thing he requests of you. From there, it continues to just be a matter of lending him a hand

And thank you for your kind comments. We were really lucky to score the opportunity to work with a talented composer like Tarranon. While I agree more songs would have been awesome, there were several reasons for not, though the major one was file size for such a short game. We really wanted to keep it compact and a quick download.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:29:50 PM by Racheal »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
Ah, just did the Percival ending. Great game. It was fun and charming. Can't wait for the sequel, Racheal. Do we get to play as King Hahm?

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
It's been a school-filled few months, but we have finally completed and posted the walkthrough! You can find it on the game's site. In addition, we've added a section to the first post with not only this link, but also a few useful hints that might help you avoid needing the walkthrough. I apologize for the delay.

As exciting as it is to finally have the walkthrough done, that's not all we've been working on. While I have been busy with school and have barely had the chance to work on two, Makio has been hard at work making resources for it. As such, she's decided to open a dev blog where she'll be posting bits and pieces as she finishes them. So if you wanna see how the sequel is coming, or you'd like to toss in your input, you can check out the dev blog [here].

Thanks for your patience.

silversun

• Eshe's Protégé
  • Tier 7
  • Only the blind can see.
  • Current Mood: worried worried
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 02:53:40 PM »
I actually never finished all the endings, thanks for the walkthrough!

Offtopic:
Much as I like Castle Chase, and am excited for the sequel, whatever happen to Ethereal Dreams? I haven't heard about it in awhile... D:

Come help us out!

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 04:27:20 AM »
Sorry for being dim, but how do you save in the game? ^^; I used the diary repeatedly and nothing happens.

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »
@silversun: We kinda hit a road block with ED, and we're taking a hiatus while we make other, much smaller, games to improve ourselves so we can truly make ED the way we want it. So it will be back eventually, probably not until I at least finish my program in a year and a half.

@Kirroha: Are you using the Diary with 's' on the main map? Or just selecting it in the menu?

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 12:05:12 AM »
I've been clicking on it with the menu, so I didn't know how to use it. :/

silversun

• Eshe's Protégé
  • Tier 7
  • Only the blind can see.
  • Current Mood: worried worried
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 08:31:47 PM »
Glad to know it hasn't been completely abandoned, and looking forward to Castle Chase 2! Thanks for the reply.

Come help us out!

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 02:30:57 AM »
By the way, what does it mean to set canon endings?

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:39 AM »
It's for the second game. The "canon" ending is the one that the second game will go off of.  So if you happily married Skyler, you'll start in Pecok. If you woo'd a knight/squire, you'll still be in Logelin. Basically, only the boy whose ending you got will be involved in the second game, with a couple key exceptions. Transferring the system data over is how the game will know this, and if no data is present, it'll go off the bad ending.

talia

• Tier 7
  • Hate is easy, love takes courage.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 05:24:46 AM »
I played the game it was really cool...I got about 4  ending after that my i get the same ones...i hope i can get all the endings...i think 3 are left..right?

I am really glad you are making its second version...looking forward to it.