Author Topic: Castle Chase  (Read 12564 times)

Racheal

• Tier 2
  • Cute. Is that what your mother taught you?
    • Ethereal Dreams
Castle Chase
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
Dragonfly Studios Presents:

My name is Princess Monica Logelin; the eldest of the two children born to the Logelin Kingdom.
Since my younger brother is a boy, he is the one destined to take the throne and be King.
So, what did that leave for me? To train hard to be a proper lady so that maybe one day
I could be married off to another kingdom's Prince. Essentially, my only goal in life was to be a Queen.
I was tired of a life like that.

I had slept through my studies a lot, but that day I took my defiance a few steps further than
ever before. Under the guise of taking a break, I'd gotten myself away from Madan Appleby's
boring study and on my way towards my ultimate goal for the day!
To go on a date!

Of course, I'd need to find myself the right man for the deed first!

Originally created for RMN's two week Game Gale contest, Castle Chase is a short adventure style game in which you explore Castle Logelin and gather items which might help you woo your potential date. The deluxe edition has worked towards fixing the bugs and flaws of the original release as well as adding new content: two new endings, several variations of existing endings, and more.

Download (21 MB): [MAIN] [MIRROR]
No RTP required.

During the course of the game, the player will be faced with many options in order to help Monica pick her date for the evening. Castle Chase has a total of ten different endings that can be achieved in a variety of ways! Will Monica end up with the man of her dreams or will she be forced to be with someone against her will? It's up to you to decide!

Running around in circles and you don't know what to do? Found a neat item, but you can't imagine what it might be for? Your greatest resource is right there with you within Castle Logelin's walls! The servant girls love to gossip, and they know a lot about what's going on in the castle at each turn of the game. Talk to them or show them your items for helpful hints and tips; however, don't think you can rely on them for everything. Some endings you're just going to have to find for yourself!

New to the Deluxe version of Castle Chase is a way to track how many endings you've completed by saving a general system data. Also new to deluxe is a Bonus menu featuring lots of information about the game's characters and more unlocked as you play the game! Be sure to hang onto your system data, because it can later be transferred to the sequel game "Castle Chase 2: Hahm Kingdom's Ploy (working title)" to alter the game play based on your decisions. Unlock as much of Castle Chase as you can to enrich your experiences later in the series!

Castle Chase features a large amount of original artwork to help give the game a unique look amongst its fellow RPGMakerVX games. The tilesets and sprites have been altered to further originate the game. The Deluxe edition of the game has yet another exciting new edition in store: Along with the main castle theme of the game, there is an all new soundtrack of songs composed just for Castle Chase by the wonderful Tarranon!

Click for Fullsized Screenshots

-Sprites are from Famitsu's Sprite Generator.  Some Frankenspriting used elements from RTP sprites
-Horse sprite is based on the Harvest Moon sprite.
-Tileset is largely RTP with a few self-made additions, edits and recolours.
-Original Illustrations (face pictures, title screen, etc) by Makio-Kuta
-Main Theme by jtbengal
-Rest of the OST created exclusively for CC by Tarranon
-Scripts are all original by Racheal with the exception of the font modifications which were based off Yanfly's Outline Font scriptlet

Before resorting to the walkthrough, here are a few useful hints that might help:
-Remember the hint babes. They have a hint for every item in the game, even the ones used for the endings that don't have a linked hint babe.
-Not all endings involve getting a boy in the castle. There are a total of two endings that don't include wooing a boy.
-The courtyard is viewable from the upper level (that area straight to the right of where you start the game).
-If you only have one ending left, you might want to check out the character bios section of the bonus menu.  Characters will not appear in there unless you have their ending or they have no ending to get.

If none of those helped you or you just want to see an ending, you can check out the walkthrough section on our main site [here].

Download (21 MB): [MAIN] [MIRROR]
No RTP required.

You can also visit our website.

We also have a nice userbar if you want.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:20:15 PM by Racheal »

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Castle Chase
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
looks pretty interesting. i'll have to take a look when i get home ;)

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »
Got all the endings except Aydin's. Looked just about everywhere, and I haven't found anything that'd cheer up that horse of his. >:X

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
Hint:
Spoiler: show
A treat might cheer him up

Let me know if you want something a little more concrete, I was having a hard time thinking of a good hint.

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
I just realized I was trying to show it to the horse instead of Aydin. Silly me.

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
This is epic! I'm downloading right now, can't wait to try it out. Love the character graphics.

Wabbit

• Tier 6
  • Ebil bunnies shall rule da world! Mwahahaha! >:)
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »
This game is really good. I spent so many hours playing it after downloading it this morning and so far I'm loving it. owo

I've got a few questions though, if you don't mind me asking:

1 - I've unlocked all character profiles in the 'BONUS' section of the game except Hyde, Aydin, and the last one on the list, and I've been wondering who that was since all the characters were previously mentioned. Have I missed something, or will I unlock that character as I finish the two endings I still have left?

2 -

Spoiler: Question: Aydin • show

Okay ... I've given him the 'treat' for his horse, but what do I do after he emerges from the barracks? I've searched everywhere for him, but my results ended in vain. Does the spy matter have anything to do with Hyde? Should I lure him into the maid quarters before back-stabbing him or is their something I must have overlooked?

3 -

Spoiler: Question: Hyde • show

So I've been trying to get Hyde's ending (if it exists. O.o), and I've been failing miserably. I've tried twice, but I always end up with the Bad Ending. Should I scare Erol with the cat before I proceed to the throne room, or am I mistaken about him having an ending to begin with?

I've really enjoyed this game; the art is charming, the game has a whimsical atmosphere, and I'm an avid fan of interactive games like this one. ^^ My favorite character until now is Arthur (wish there was an ending for him, he is male, right? I don't see how that can be possible though), that cat is really adorable (and abnormally useful in the game).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:02:25 PM by Wabbit »
Yay for support bars! =D

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »
1 - The last one on the list is not in the regular game. They have to do with what you get once you get all endings :3

2 -
Spoiler: Aydin • show
He is off on business until certain events have expired. You can find him talking to a visitor right before you would normally take Erol to catch Hyde

3 -
Spoiler: Hyde • show
Hyde is indeed an ending. During the confrontation in the throne room, you need to stop Erol before he gets to Hyde. (you can extend the time to have to do this to infinity by standing between them XD). Alternatively, scaring Erol in the courtyard will not help your cause, however not telling Hyde about the treasure until you guys are alone might prove helpful.

Arthur is adorable XD and does seem to be the answer to everything XD Thanks for your kind comments.

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »
 :-* *has fallen in love with Castle Chase*
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Wabbit

• Tier 6
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 04:02:47 AM »
1 - The last one on the list is not in the regular game. They have to do with what you get once you get all endings :3

2 -
Spoiler: Aydin • show
He is off on business until certain events have expired. You can find him talking to a visitor right before you would normally take Erol to catch Hyde

3 -
Spoiler: Hyde • show
Hyde is indeed an ending. During the confrontation in the throne room, you need to stop Erol before he gets to Hyde. (you can extend the time to have to do this to infinity by standing between them XD). Alternatively, scaring Erol in the courtyard will not help your cause, however not telling Hyde about the treasure until you guys are alone might prove helpful.

Arthur is adorable XD and does seem to be the answer to everything XD Thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks for the hints. ^^ I just finished the game, and I have to say, I'm really looking forward to Castle Chase 2. The plot intrigues me. I'm quite confident that you'll be able to pull it off. ^^
Yay for support bars! =D

Malvodion

• YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!
  • Tier 7
  • I'm an engineer
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »
Already played it, its a good game.
And
King hamn's evil laught XD

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
 :blush: Thanks Blood Angel, that is really nice to hear.

@Wabbit: CC2 has a bit more premise to work with then this one, which will be fun. It's still going to b very character heavy, because that's just we do, but there's certainly going to be some intrigue to it I hope. It might end up being a bit more linear due to the it's nature, but time will tell.

@Malvodion: Glad to hear you enjoyed.
I love King Hahm. He's such a large ham, he's going to be great fun.

Wabbit

• Tier 6
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:14:44 AM »
I still can't wait for it, even if it differs from this one because I'm sure I'll like it as much as this one, if not even more. ^^ So we'll get to explore the kingdom of Hahm this time, or are we sticking to a castle?
Yay for support bars! =D

silversun

• Eshe's Protégé
  • Tier 7
  • Only the blind can see.
  • Current Mood: worried worried
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
Castle Chase is a game that I'm enjoying, it's a lot of fun. However I saw a few weird things- one, once I dropped into the basement Aydin ran up saying there was an issue and then nothing ever happened...I couldn't move and apparently the guard couldn't either? I had to restart. Later I progressed through the game and Aydin didn't show up anymore so that was fine, but I'm wondering if seeing that scene is a must for an ending. Also, apparently the courtyard is clear to me...I mean, the library guy left, Erol left (I feel kind of mean for doing that...) but he keeps saying you've got one left. Well, if I do, I don't see him...Unless I'm missing something? Oh, and finally, do any endings (besides Bad) not involve any guys at all? Just checking, so I don't miss one by wondering if I'm missing a guy or something.

Come help us out!

Racheal

• Tier 2
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 01:00:55 AM »
@Wabbit: Currently it's looking like it will mostly be Hahm's elaborate dungeon, with bits of the castle. But we're still finalizing the game play for 2, so tis hard to say.

@silversun: Ah, I know exactly what is causing that bug, an oversight of mine, sorry. I often forget about going back to the catacombs after the major event there.

Aydin will show up once more, once other events have progressed far enough, but in a new location. (He is a busy man after all).

Delmar mentioned this briefly in the first scene with him, but the courtyard is visible from the second floor. So not only do you have to clear the courtyard, but also the room which can see it: Second Floor (the map just east/right of the starting map)

There is indeed one ending that does not have feature a boy. There is also an ending for a rather minor character who you might not suspect as a candidate at first.