Author Topic: Phobias!  (Read 11741 times)

A Fat Kid

Re: Phobias!
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:24 AM »
I've got a number of irrational fears too, I think...

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects (I don't know, they just look stabby and painful!)
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders (If I see a spider, I'm grabbing a dictionary to throw at it. Once, it was a weighing machine)
Ataxophobia- Fear of disorder or untidiness (It just buggers me... Everything must be tidy!)
Atelophobia- Fear of imperfection (Same as above. I think it's because I seek to see order in things)
Doxophobia- Fear of receiving praise (It's like poor self-esteem perpetuates itself...)
Lockiophobia- Fear of childbirth (I guess the Aliens movies got to me)
Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others (From experiences where people let me down in critical situations; I now try to be as independent as possible)
I can't find it, but I've a fear of needing to be spontaneous, like having to react without preparation.

I don't think this one counts, since it's not really irrational... I had a near-drowning experience when I was a kid, and then I developed a fear of water, especially when it got on my face. But after learning to swim its gone now  :)

Oddly enough I don't have some of the more common phobias, like public speaking. Or fear of the dark (I actually like it more when it's dark... its peaceful). Or fear of being alone (solitude has its upsides).

Guttend

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes.
Stygiophobia or Stigiophobia- Fear of hell.
Tropophobia- Fear of moving or making changes.
There are many but this are the few that i think i have more stronger than anyother phobia.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
I have discovered that I have a fear of being sniped on eBay :P

Juice Box

• Dumpling
  • Tier 2
  • Olly-olly-oxen-free!
    • Lemons4winMelons4Suck
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
Okay, first post, first post. Let's make it worth it.

so um im scared of the dark

I'm not really sure if you can consider my fears a phobia, since... well, they're more of haunty things, not scary things.

For starters, I fear oblivion. What's oblivion? Well, there will come a day when all human beings in this world are dead. When there is no one left to remember great people, or catalogue everything we've done, and when all the marvels we have built return to dust and when all of our history goes forgotten. Yes, you can say that humanity can survive for a long time, but even if we somehow survive the collapse of our sun, we will not live forever. We can live for trillions of years but we will not survive forever. I'm scared of that.

And that's why I'm a realist.

Next is choice. Nobody ever notices it, but every choice we make creates an infinite chain reaction that cannot be stopped. Even the small choices we have bring something to the world. Every single effect is also subsequently a cause.

And that's why I'm a humanitarian.

Lastly is the randomness of the future. Sometimes we think we've made all the good choices, but they might not have been the best. We can never fully grasp what the future holds, even though we know everything about everything. We think that by helping this poor street child get adopted, we'd be doing a good thing. Eventually, the kid gets adopted, but his parents turn out to be abusive. It's definitely not your fault, but then again, you had a part to play in all of it. You thought you were doing the right thing, and you ended up bringing more harm to the world than already is.

So yeah. But I'm mostly just scared of the dark. :D
"Imperfection is what makes humans perfect."
- Me

"Imperfection is what makes humans perfect--but imperfection isn't the entire beauty of it. The strive for perfection is."
- Jeol Friend Person

"Olly-olly-oxen-free!"
- Hannah Baker

Thirteen Reasons Why and The Fault in Our Stars. If you've read them, you have my undying respect.

Oink

• Tier 3
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
I'm just afraid of my wife.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »
I'm just afraid of my wife.

Dependapotamus?
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Ferdk

• Tier 7
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • My YouTube channel
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
Not sure if I ever posted here, but I have a fear of heights, giant things and also the deep ocean (especially with giant things down there). Cthulhu is basically my worst nightmare xD
My YouTube channel (VG Covers and stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/ferdk16

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
I have a strong dislike for sleep paralysis. It really irks me.