Author Topic: Twice Upon A Hero  (Read 20038 times)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Twice Upon A Hero
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 05:49:14 PM »
And here I thought size didn't matter. :p That's good to know, though, Reives.

Lunarea

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
I also didn't think size matters, or at least I've been assured that it doesn't. It was one of the first questions I've asked before I started working on specific graphics and choosing the right audio tracks.

The current download contains almost all of the graphics for the game (save for parallaxes and maps not yet created). They're not all used right now, but they will be eventually. So, audio files aside, I imagine the size wouldn't change drastically from this point on.

I haven't gone in and deleted the unused files, but I certainly can if the download size is an issue. I will also probably be splitting up the audio into a separate download, so it's more manageable.

Edit: I'm also pondering the idea of adding a short demo-ish download for those people who want to try it out, but not download a giant thing at once.

Edit 2: Also, thank you to all of you who donwloaded and are giving it a try! If any of you have comments or criticism on the battle system, I would love to hear it. It was one of the weakest points before, and I hope I've managed to produce something a bit more entertaining now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:47:55 PM by Lunarea »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 05:01:59 AM »
There seems to be a game-stopping bug inside the mines, where a lilypad is moving in a square pattern, and the player needs to step on it to be transported. The bug was that for some reason, the lilypad's position got reseted to its spawn point like 0.1 seconds after the map's loaded and it started moving (upwards). The result was that it was always one square lower than where it's supposed to be, and the player can't step onto it to get past the place. D:

Didn't seem to happen to the others though, so hm. I tried reloading and it still happened. Anyway to get around that? Aside from it, everything's been great so far -- I'll save commenting on the details after I finish. c: Nice job Luna.

Lunarea

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
I've had one other person report this, too, but I'm unable to reproduce it. It's one of those "works fine 99% of time, but it bugs for that 1%" thing.  D:

You can link your save file and I can get you past that point, if you'd like :3

I've changed the puzzle for the new release, so it's a hopping puzzle like in the second room. It will be added in the next chapter.

Malvodion

• YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!
  • Tier 7
  • I'm an engineer
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
Ooh, new version. Gonna download it and test it.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »
A save file from after that point would be great; thanks. :) Although, could I request that map in unencrypted format to take a look at the issue? I'm curious.