Author Topic: A Day in Berlin – Meeting Mela and Reives [back-story]  (Read 2370 times)

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
A Day in Berlin – Meeting Mela and Reives [back-story]
« on: June 17, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »
Once upon a time, there was a guy who loved RPGs. One day, his friend found about about something called "RPG Maker 2000". It did not take long and both of them were captivated by the thought of making and own game. Both of them were still unexperienced at that time and the RPG Maker did only work at one of their PCs. A short while after that, the RPG-loving guy who was not able to make use of the RPG Maker 2000 and did not even have an own computer at that time, downloaded another program named "RPG Maker XP". The two of them then decided that they would develop their game with this Maker. It did not work out in the end, but while they were searching for Scripts in the internet, they discovered an English website called "rmxp.org".
Even though their first game was never finished, they did not give up and continued to use the RPG Maker. The two guys had not really played many RPG Maker games – only a handful –, but from time to time a game was able to pique their interest. In summer 2008, they randomly browsed through the forum of rmxp.org and decided to check out the popular games in the English community which was, after all, the biggest RPG Maker community in the world. One game looked really interesting, so they downloaded it and started to play it. It really was quite an awesome game, but for some reason, they forgot about it after that.

In September 2008, the RPG-loving guy decided to give that game another try. So he downloaded "Quintessence - The Blighted Venom". After a short time already, it was obvious that this game was the best RPG Maker game he had ever played. The creator of this game happened have an own website and forum, so the guy registered there. Again, it was obvious after short time, that this small forum had a really nice community and the creator of "Quintessence" was a really nice and cool guy as well.
Time passed quickly and the guy became a more or less active member of the forum. He also exchanged some PMs with the creator of Quintessence once in a while.

He really loved Quintessence and because he liked it so much, he made an attempt to show it to the German community. One day, another person found the game there, played and enjoyed it and registered here, too. She now is an active member of this community.

In March 2010, the creator of Quintessence said that he was "possibly going to Europe", or more precisely: Denmark. It was not completely settled at that time, but it was nice for the guy imagining to meet him since Denmark was not that far away from Germany where he happened to live. However, it eventually turned out the maker of Quintessence (who actually lived in Canada) really was going to Europa and was also planning to come to Germany. The guy, the creator and the girl who came from Germany, too, then decided that it would be absolutely awesome to meet there. Of course it was still very vague at that time, and it still was long after that, but after much planning and talking, everything was settled: They would meet up in Berlin at June 5th.
So at the morning of the 5th, the guy and his friend who was also coming took the train to Berlin.

This guy happened to be me. And he is really tired right now and sorry that he hasn't written anything interesting yet, or anything about that day, but he promises you to write about that day soon.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:57:35 AM by Squall »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: A Day in Berlin – Meeting Mela and Reives [back-story]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
I wish I could meet all these people from the forums too. That sounds really fun. Hope you enjoyed yourself :D

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »
I approve of this :gothat!: can't wait to hear what you guys actually did, though :P

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:32:48 AM »
March 5th? Wasn't it May or June? Kan just went home, and he was over here only for 2,5 weeks... or did I miss something? :D
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »
Fixed.  ;)

I'll post the rest later; not today (I'm not at home), probably sunday.

Edit: Or Tuesday more likely, since I now have to finish a school project which is quite time-draining.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:23:34 AM by Squall »

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
Hehe, I simply like your style of writing. :3 It was a nice to read the back-story. I'm looking forward to read your version of our meeting in Berlin. XD

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »
Ya'll must be havin' a great time right now. :D Keep an eye out for eachother as ya'll hit the town with both arms swinging! *starts to dance*
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
...this already went on...

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »
Yep. Reives will post the pics soon. Just for your information: I look like Jay Leno's (more or less) cute, illegitimate, long-lost daughter in these pics. @ Joel & Meelika: Such much for Mela not being chubby. XD
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:39:00 PM by Berkeley »

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
You are not... D':

Mela

• 憂鬱
  • Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 03:35:53 PM »
Well, after seeing all these pics I'm not sure about that anymore. Stupid double-chin...how much weight have I to lose to get rid of it? But let's drop the subject. This theard is about Squall's story, not about my silly self criticism. XD