Author Topic: Insults  (Read 2208 times)

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Insults
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
I created this thread to avoid the needless continuation of going off topic on my "Mean things I say on youtube" thread. Have at it.
This quote will be legend

Berkeley

Re: Insults
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »
Good idea.

If I really have to break it down to that level, calling someone retarded in the sense of them doing/saying something stupid (Not actually suffering from mental retardation) is complete different from calling someone a Nazi, Jew, N word, etc. Those are 2 completely different things and doesn't need to/can't serve as an example for anything even remotely related to my actions.

And back to what I said, insults and racism are two completely different things. Racism would be of a higher degree then an insult (ex. you're stupid, you're retarded, you're slow).

I don't categorize racism and insults as the same thing.

(Yes, by definition "retard" can also be substituted for calling someone an idiot. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&defl=en&q=define:retard&ei=nM_YS5fKBMP68AaHroDfBQ&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAYQkAE )

Edit: Please don't repost in here if its the continuation of the conversation we're currently having. I made another debate topic especially for this:
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=2402.0

I assume it was a mistake to quote Squall's post. I said it before and I say it again, I didn't say racism = insult. I don't lump these two matters together. I know they are different things. I'm not stupid. I just meant that it's insulting to me. Just because racism is insulting to me, doesn't mean that I think an insult is the same as racism. Maybe I just expressed/phrased my thoughts wrongly (I'm a foreigner aft all). I see where're coming from, though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:37:14 PM by Mela »

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
I never said you were stupid :-[

Berkeley

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
I just wanted to clarify that I'm not stupid. Although your post sounded like you were trying to explain a little girl why racism isn't the same as an insult (which made me feel silly, because my posts made you think that I "categorize racism and insults as the same thing" which I don't). :seraisweatdrop:

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »
I just wanted to clarify that I'm not stupid. Although your post sounded like you were trying to explain a little girl why racism isn't the same as an insult (which made me feel silly, because my posts made you think that I "categorize racism and insults as the same thing" which I don't). :seraisweatdrop:
Maybe I read it wrong, I have a habit of doing that but not to be off topic I'll shut up now.

Berkeley

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »
(It's okay. I have the talent to express myself messily, thus I'm somewhat used to misunderstandings (they're still annoying as hell, though.)) :seraisweatdrop:

*ends the off-topic*

Leeor

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
I hate when someone says that "You're sticking to them" if you try to befriend them and then the whole class calls you "sticky guy". It's like an insult x5.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »
If you want to keep this in the Debates section, please clarify the actual subject/question being debated on in the first post rather than just having it as a place to settle something from somewhere else.

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
Topic:

"Resolved: Insults are reasonable ways to get your opinion across to people and express your feelings."