Author Topic: Death And All His Friends  (Read 2718 times)

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Death And All His Friends
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Okay, I'm not exactly sure this is the right place for this topic, but I find it pretty serious, so might as well.
Fact is, everyone is afraid of something. But I'm not talking about things like freaking out when you see a spider or something similar. I mean if there is something that constantly worries you, without being able to forget about it, or if there's a time when it just comes and hits you, just like that.
Speaking for myself, I'm afraid of death. Actually, I am so afraid of it that sometimes it makes me literally sick. I think some of you may have encountered the feeling that some of our worries become bigger when nightfall comes. I don't know why. Night is always different. But it just happens that while I'm OK with something during the day, or I just forget about it, when night comes, I can't stop thinking about it, and in the end it makes me throw up. I'm not sure whether my reactions are normal, but I can't really change it. :(

What do you think? Is it normal to be sick at the thought of death or losing someone precious? What are you afraid of the most?
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Moony

• 満月がとても美しいですね。
  • Tier 7
    • Website
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Death And All His Friends
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
Well, I am afraid of death. Though I am only scared for my loved ones. I am not scared for my own death for reasons I would rather not discuss here.
Though I´m not sure about getting sick because of it. It makes me really emotional sometimes but something like that has never happened to me.  :-X
One thing that I am really scared of (I guess you could call it a phobia) are snakes *shudder*
Though I don´t think I have been sick because of it either  :salbrow:
http://meelika.myportfolio.com/ - photography portfolio
http://wanderstarstudios.com/ - game Rax & I are working on

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
I can't say I'm not scared of death, but I'm more scared of the idea of not having accomplished something notable before I die. I think a fear of death itself is also natural, and it especially becomes apparent when someone's actually facing it in a dangerous scenario - even the people who didn't ordinarily fear death would flinch a great amount; it's just human nature.

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
If you still live, you have to accept that one day you are going to die. But instead of worrying myself silly over death, I'd just live my life as I normally would, even if I were to drop dead the next day. Besides,

"It takes greater courage to live." (quote from a book I'm reading)
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »
If you believe in God, you don't have to worry about death at all.

"Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world." 1 John 4:4 :seraismile:
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. " Psalm 73:26

This is why I don't fear my death. Through faith. Plus, why fight somthing that is enevitable?

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
All things you guys say is true indeed, and if I think about it, I totally agree.
Yet, what I feel is nowhere near rational at all - that's why I can't do anything about it.
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Candide

• Tier 6
  • I'm the bomb. Like tick, tick.
    • tumblah
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 06:32:50 AM »
If I were religious, I would be so afraid of death that I would never go out of my house. The possibility that I might "face God" just scares me.

But since I'm not, oh well. I'm more afraid of being left alone and forgotten. Not just alone like home alone or something, just like that everyone I know leaves me or forgets about me.

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
What I am saying is, is that, if a person, say, loses an arm, robotics should be used. But if we are going to stop death itself, then that is unnatural.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »
Death is nothing to be fear of.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:59:23 AM »
Death. It is just another path that you will take either if you are fated to it, or at will. It is a natural event for a person to be afraid of dying, and to die. It is inevitable. No one knows when you will die...unless you are convicted.

Why are many afraid to die? Many people want to do more things in their life. Many also would like to see more of what they have not seen. Many prefer to stay with their earthly goods or with their families. Many want to straighten up their lives first. Many do not know where to go after they die: Heaven or Hell. Many have dreams. Dreams of living out of the slums and become successful persons. Many also have seen gruesome screens of death in newspapers, televisions, and sometimes described on the radio that "this person who jumped from the 45th floor just had his face _________________". Scenarios like that happen around you.

It hurts to know someone close to us dies. What do we expect? He/She is a close relative, and it will be sad for one not to be with him/her anymore.

Knowing that we do not know when to die, I can't say if death is scary than spiders and earthquakes. Death is a natural event that happens anytime. Like love, it is also blind. It can choose anyone. "It's human nature." as what Reives said.