Author Topic: RMVX  (Read 2211 times)

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
RMVX
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
Can't decide whether I want to shell out $60 for a liscense.  The trial's pretty impressive, anyone used it much yet?  Had trouble with it?  The scripting doesn't seem as tacked on anymore.  :D

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: RMVX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
You could just use your XP serial to activate it if you have it a week or so ago, not sure if they changed/fixed that.

It's a pretty nifty program, and I really like the cleaner interface and whatnot. Its mapping system is rather quite different from XP though, so there might be some getting-used to in that department. Also, its RTP is quite pokemon like, which has a cool video game feel to it, but not suitable for the things I personally want; so if I get it, there'd be some graphical compilation I'll need to do. :x

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
Oh my, you aren't kidding.. the RTP is terrible.  But the return of the Dungeon Generator saves me much trouble with the large stock dungeons that I was dreading...

Silek

• Tier 3
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
I just got ahold of trial, this is a pretty sleek interface, although the style of characters and whatnot is kind of odd, I'm enjoying this. >_>

Valtier

• Tier 5
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
I'll wait until the end of the 30 day trial to decide on whether I'm paying for it or not.  My biggest complaints are the awful base combat system (and I'm not eager to try to create another CBS, the last was a painful failure) and the ugly character sets.  But the interface is great, and the ability to use two battle animation sets at once saves so much space... humm...