Author Topic: Some music without a title  (Read 1350 times)

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Some music without a title
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:33 AM »
Yep, I haven't given up writing music.

But quite honestly, this song turned out worse than I had expected ._. Sure, it's partially my fault for not planning the instruments properly, and also because the electric guitar (the Tuba ended up playing that part I had in mind) I originally wanted didn't work out too well, but still... it just doesn't sound as expected in the beginning.

The end, however, turned out better than I expected. The trumpet (which was a SmartSynth plugin) gave a nicer effect than originally planned. Though it still wasn't what I wanted, but oh well...

Without further ado, here you go!

and yes. It has no title as of right now. Another thing, the entire last part is supposed to be the same, but the trombone screws up and plays something else, which is nice yet pretty weird... any ideas on it?

C&C and thanks in advance (b^_^)b
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Some music without a title
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:04 AM »
I think you got the right idea going on there, it's a good start to getting into this type of music. As for suggestions to improve it, I think the thing it lacks the most at the moment of progression (it's pretty much 4 bars repeating with minimal changes at the moment). Battle themes especially values progression, since you want to keep the listener at the edge of their seat. c: Good luck mepwnn, and nice to see that you're still composing!