Author Topic: The Beyond  (Read 17472 times)

Malvodion

• YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!
  • Tier 7
  • I'm an engineer
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: The Beyond
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 12:44:30 AM »
.. I going to play this.. but tomorrow, now its too late and its all dark and if play it now its going to give me a heartattack. (i get scared easy  :'( )

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »
Yeah, your heart WILL JUMP multiple times. My brother didn't even get that far and he chickened out :P At least I got to the Hanged Man, he already got scared at the falling bottle >_> That's the lamest scare in the entire game...
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Delphinus

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
Ah, i got the hanged man too (and dead journalist, but luckily she IS dead  :P )
I'm jump from my chair at that part (and my friend yell at me: "Really, YOU SHOULS STOP PLAYING THAT GAME!! )  :D

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 08:55:31 AM »
All the "boo"s are jumpy and lame. Sure, they made my heart jump, but I'm in for the psychological horror, not lame BOOBOOBOO scares.

I'm playing to see the bad ending for John. It sounds awesome.

Coach Travis

• Tier 7
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I'm downloading it right now. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, because I love horror stories. Obviously, I won't be playing until tonight, because whenever I play a horror game I have to go all-out.

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
All the "boo"s are jumpy and lame. Sure, they made my heart jump, but I'm in for the psychological horror, not lame BOOBOOBOO scares.

I'm playing to see the bad ending for John. It sounds awesome.

This is sort of how I feel.  I'm hoping it shapes up, because there's a real difference between a shock and a scare.  I like puzzles, so I'm having fun anyway, but I haven't seen anything disturbing so far, really.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 03:49:59 AM »
@Val: Yup, you got it. This game wasn't the least scary. It only has shocks that happen very often. I don't like shocks at all, only scares. Scares are what makes me afraid to sleep. Shock wears away immediately.

I mean, I can go behind you and yell "BOO!" and you will jump, but will you think it's scary and not dare sleep for a week?

Coach Travis

• Tier 7
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 11:19:39 AM »
I ended up trying this last night, and I was enjoying it until I got completely stuck:I found the wrench in the Library, but i didn't know where to use it, and I had no other story items I hadn't used. I'm hoping to figure this out soon, because as I said, I'm enjoying the game, and I'm perfectly fine with all the boo! moments, plus I'm loving the sound effects.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
I don't know how to shoot down the library. I clicked on the revolver and it doesn't work.

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
You need a key to open the Library door. Inside, there's another door that you need to shoot open with the loaded revolver.

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Coach Travis

• Tier 7
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »
So does anyone know what you're supposed to do right after the library? Because I searched the entire place, and I'm still stuck.

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
After you get the wrench, you use it at the well.

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Coach Travis

• Tier 7
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 11:22:03 PM »
Thanks.  And to help Akizuka Kirroha:First, make sure you have the library key to enter the library(you get the key by using the music sheet on the piano). Then, you need a bullet(can't remember where to get it), you need to examine the other door in the library, then enter the menu, select the bullet, and that will load the revolver. After that, the revolver will blow up the door for you.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 02:32:16 AM »
Yup, I know. I played the piano. Anyway, I have to say this game did not meet my expectations, especially how rushed the ending is, and how it isn't really scary at all in the first place. Also, most puzzles are maths questions, and I'm not playing a horror game to improve my math. Also, it's basically just to grab all shiny items and use the shiny items to gain access to more shiny items, etc. The backplot is boring and cliche'd as well.

Everything's more of a "BOO! Haunted House" than anything else. But since I've only seen one ending (very Narmy one, where the sound effects of John slashing people sound more like metal hitting metal than anything else. Not atmospheric enough), so maybe I can try again. Who knows.

Anyway, I've always liked seeing bad ends first because they have the most potential to be made into emotional scenes. But most games just seem to concentrate much more on the good endings. I am never interested in them.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 02:38:06 AM »
Then, you need a bullet(can't remember where to get it), you need to examine the other door in the library, then enter the menu, select the bullet, and that will load the revolver. After that, the revolver will blow up the door for you.

Sorry to do that, but Coach that isn't revolver it's .22 cal. semi-atimatic pistol ;)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)