Author Topic: Pong  (Read 2070 times)

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
Pong
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b3078274f964778641446e35a78dc463e04e75f6e8ebb871

Since scripting threads seem to be popping up a lot here lately, I thought I might show off something I recently completed.  It's Pong, programmed in Ruby using this (click) graphics library.

If you have Ruby, the graphics library, and the pong file itself, just follow the instructions in the graphics library page I linked to to run Pong.  I'd appreciate some feedback, as collision detection was hell on earth regardless of tutoring. @_@

And yes, I realize that downloading and running the file is needlessly convoluted.  Sue me.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: Pong
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:50 PM »
So can this be used in an rmxp game, then? Cuz i had an rmxp pong script, but it stopped working, but i really liked it.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
  This isn't RGSS; it's pure Ruby (aside from the graphics library) that I posted up here for feedback on code and it certainly will be useless to you in RM*.  If there's a place where it's better suited a mod is free to move it.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
Nah, this forum also covers general game design, so this should fit in here perfectly.

This is kinda cool:o and it should be possible to implement into RMXP as well, considering you can use any library in it, and it runs entirely on pure Ruby of some earlier version. If newer version commands are required, this will likely not function, indeed.

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
Sark:o

I'm not all that familiar with RGSS, so I wouldn't know, and as far as RM* goes, it would be easier evented anyway.  Looking forward to your thoughts.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
??

!!

</3?