Author Topic: **~Misaos awards nominations now open~  (Read 7631 times)

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
**~Misaos awards nominations now open~
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Supposedly some kind of long traditioned annual RPG Maker game award that's going on.

http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2/entries/

The nomination period is now up until Thursday midnight or so, I think. Then voting period starts after that. If you feel that Quintessence is worthy of any categories there, feel free to support!

Registration is require to vote/nominate. The registration security picture doesn't seem to show up at first, but after you click next once without entering the pic's code, it'll show up.

If you choose to nominate(/vote in a few days), please only nominate/vote for areas that you feel is truthfully deserved, if any.

Thanks for your time. :)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:18:16 PM by quintess »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: **~Misaos awards nominations now open~
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »
Ok, thanks. I'll do it tomorrow when I have more inet time (I only get 2 more mins today :( )

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Heheh, thanks. I wasn't really going to pay attention to this at first, but since it got a few nominations I thought it wouldn't hurt. :> Not many people from .org participate in that though, sadly.

Racheal

• Tier 2
  • Cute. Is that what your mother taught you?
    • Ethereal Dreams
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »
I was the first to nominate you :> Though really, I signed up because I wanted to nominate 60 for the beta tester thing.

Yeah, it is sad that more xpers don't participate, it is kinda fun to nominate and vote for good games.

Good luck to ya Reives.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:04:41 PM »
Hey, thanks Racheal. :) Good luck to ya guys as well; ED really deserves some graphical awards to say the least.

Edit: The nomination system seems to be down for me at the moment, would probably be back tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:43:59 PM by Reives »

menti

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 5
  • Ça plane pour moi
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:12 AM »
How do you vote?? HOW DO YOU VOTE!?!?!?!?!?!

I earned $160 woooooohooooo!! (yes that is a lot... im only 15)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
Nice, that's more than what I've earned! :p Got a job or?

As for the nomination thing, first ya have to register (if the registration security picture doesn't seem to show up at first, you have to click next once without entering the pic's code, it'll show up).

Then at http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2/entries/, click "Nominate Entry" near the top of the page. Select the category from the drop-down list, and enter the game name or other names as the category specified (character for character, etc.).

This is just the nomination at the moment, each title requires 2 nominations to be considered for the voting period in a day or two. o:

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »
I will vote tonight if I don't get any page errors like happened last time.

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
I worked for my dad over the summer 2 years ago and got 750$....spent it all on candy, pretzels, and video games :-[

I think the game deserves story nomination, and music. If there is "most cinematic" I'd nominate it for that. But until the Reiver and Lunair guards are fixed, you get around to re-recoloring Lunair's body, so the contrast is right, and give her less bouncy hair, it isn't yet fit for "best graphics".   ;)

-edit

I can't nominate anything...whenever I try and register (this is my first visit to the site) it gives me the "you've been banned" page... :-[

--edit

It got nominated for "Sleeper Hit of the Year"...ouch.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:47:08 PM by legacyblade »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »
This one time I worked for this thing for a year and a half, and earned $0! I think it was called Quintessence. :p No regrets.

If ya feel that it deserves the story nomination, legacy, feel free to support it. It only has one nomination on that part at the moment, and requires 2 to go on to the voting stage. There's no most cinematic, but there's a "specific most cinematic cut scene". If you think it's worth any, I'd probably just suggest the end of chapter 6 to conform it, since that is in my opinion the best one.

I don't really have any expectations to win anything, but getting into the voting/past nomination would be pretty cool. :) (Oh, note the categories for best supporting character and best female protagonist, by the way.)

Edit: Lol, that's strange. Do you already have an account there or something?
And what's wrong with Sleeper Hit of the Year? D: It's a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:51:54 PM by Reives »

menti

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 5
  • Ça plane pour moi
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »
Oooh yay!

That was $160 last week and $160 this week, 16 hours each week. I'm working at a podiatrist, but I only got the job for the last 2 1/2 weeks of the summer holidays and because my school is so far away I can't do after school. Argh school is less then a week away :(

Jellyrebel

• Tier 6
  • Jelly Belly
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 04:07:50 PM »
Cool. ;)
I wonder why Vikon isn't in the best male protagonist... >:(

This link is great for access to other great games, i think we can learn alot here  ;D
Btw, my computer sucks.

Andris

• Tier 2
  • ...Wut? (RyanAllen)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
I haff votet for thee!

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:29 PM »
@Reives, no I don't have an account there. This is my second time ever visiting that site, it did the same thing my first time :(. I think that the part where Lunair is remembering her past with Huey is more dramatic, but I guess you're right about the cinematicness of the ending, it was very cinematic (Still trying to figure out how you did that  :P ). I want to nominate Vikon for "Best supporting character"! He is my favorite glorified extra ever! I can't find a comparison for him, so...yeah, he should win that category. So "Sleeper Hit of the Year" doesn't mean most boring game, one that puts you to sleep? That's what I thought it meant...what does it mean?

@Carson, is it just a crap computer to begin with (low processing power, bad graphics card, small RAM, etc), or did it get screwed? Mine was the latter, but my dad finally saw how bad it was (he wanted to play a game on my computer, which is a nice one now that he got a fully working HD), so they fixed it. Quintessence never lags, and PS CS2 takes 3.2 seconds to open!

@menti, that's nice. I wish I still had a job. I got 8$ an hour for a summer, but since then I've only done the occasional job. And you're not in school? Do you have "all year school" where every few weeks, you get a week off? but no summer?

Jellyrebel

• Tier 6
  • Jelly Belly
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »
I have a laptop which got fcked up so now i can only use the windows 98 comp...