Author Topic: I had a cool story in my dream... (and pics)  (Read 1330 times)

JerrySD

• Tier 3
I had a cool story in my dream... (and pics)
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »
I don't know if this belongs here, but its pretty creative how i dreamt up this story when I was asleep. I woke up 4 oclock in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I thought it was better than anything I can do when I'm awake, lol. I actually had the dream two nights in a row.

It takes place on Paradise island, a small remote tropical island in the middle of the ocean thats pretty far away from the mainland. It is very peaceful and relaxing island that doesn't get many visitors because it doesn't have much to offer in terms of anything, so it's pretty isolated. Sandy beaches, palm trees, etc.

The main characters are a group of three friends, one guy and two girls(Keeron, Koral and Clare) who hang out at their secret meeting spot daily, which is a cave on the rocky shore of the beach.

Fast foward past to a part where the resident scientist of the island just returns from examining the nearby reefs, ocean rising, water conditions, etc. He keeps shouting "Selery Dew is coming!" "Selery Dew is coming!" as if he was delirious and confused. He collapses on the beach and the villagers gather around him. All the villagers seem frightened and Keeron asks "What is Selery Dew?" (yeah, funny name)
one of the elders explains "Selery Dew is a giantic tidal wave, a natural phenomenon hundreds of feet high and a meter wide that passes through north of here every time this season. Normally, it stays on the same path every year and doesn't bother us, but it has been steadily moving south over the past years. Ten years ago, we actually had a resident island north of here in the path of the tidal wave. It was completely destroyed and sunk by the wave and very few managed to survive. That island was even larger than Paradise Island with higher grounds, so It's very much a problem for us. We also don't have any ships to evacuate, only small fishing boats that can't go too far from the shore"

The villagers take the scientist to the medic and the rest of the villagers try not to panic and ponder if those words are true, Is this wave going to hit the island like he claimed? It was very possible.

Later that night, a huge fancy ship is docked on the shores of Paradise Island. Villagers gather toward the docks amazed that a ship that large is parked outside their small secluded island.
Keeron notices that there is many cannons and asked if it's a pirate ship. Coral responds that it's too fancy and elegant to be a pirate ship, perhaps a vessel from the mainland. Everyone soon notices the name of the ship bodly painted on the side in huge letters "Selery Dew"
Everyone starts to think that maybe the scientist was talking about the ship named "Selery Dew" coming and not the actual wave. The villagers start to be relieved and rule out that wave.

Men in uniforms starts to unboard the ship and joke around how they aren't hostile and they come in peace. The captain does most of the talk(hes young, around 24 years of age) and hes a smug, cocky and arrogant individual. He states his business that their ship is just passing though and they decided to stop here to take a break and stock up for the next few days until they continue their voyage. They named their ship "Selery Dew" because its powerful and quick just like the wave. The crew is welcomed into the village and treated well, they were immediately brought to the pubs to have a drink. The Captain tries to flirt and hit on the two female protagonists. Coral is a feisty one with the fierce and explosive attitude while Clare is the kind-hearted and caring one who is kind of shy. The captain is also a total ass to the main character, who doesn't like him as well. Since Claire is a genuinely nice person, she invites him to their secret meeting place to hang out, while the other two are imposed to it. There is plenty of whacky things happen since Keeron and Koral don't get along with him.

Meanwhile, the scientist awakes in the medic's bed. The medic says "You had us scared saying Seleray Dew was coming, you could of just told us it was a ship instead of the wave."
The scientist replys with "THE WAVE IS STILL COMING! BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BECAUSE WE MIGHT BE ALL DEAD BEFORE IT EVEN COMES!"

and thats it, almost sounds like a prologue to a RPG, doesn't it? *gets ideas*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:24:53 PM by JerrySD »

Amaranth

• I'm back and better than ever!
  • Tier 7
  • Kinda lost.
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
Re: I had a cool story in my dream...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:29:53 AM »
Interesting . . . kinda cliche, but interesting . . . :vikonsmile:
Check out the Letter--->Word Abbreviation thread for some fun!

Examples of my skills:

Hallelujah! A xylophone orgasmed recently.

Actually, geriatric gigolos can still have dalliances.

A really muscular, super-tough, reliable older nutty guy.

JerrySD

• Tier 3
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »
I drew the captain, check it out -
it was suppose to be only a pencil drawing, but then i messed it up by coloring it without going over the pencil with a marker beforehand.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
Heheh, I thought that was the protagonist female at first. :P

Interesting story, that's pretty cool that ya got to dream that. Love it when that happens and you can still remember it after you wake up. The ending is pretty cool, and sound like it could either be a prologue or the ending of a short.

JerrySD

• Tier 3
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
Thanks and yeah he is a effiminate jerk.
Tomorrow I wish to draw Koral, one of the female protagonists.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:10:47 PM by JerrySD »