Author Topic: Personality Test What kind of person are you?  (Read 41678 times)

Oink

• Tier 3
Re: Personality Test – What kind of person are you?
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »
I used to have 500 or so friends on my Facebook. Until I conducted some social genocide. Now there's like... 24 left? I only keep the people I consider truly friends (which I define to be like the best people on the planet), and for maintaining contact with those otherwise unreachable. Kinda like Purple.

I have to say I'm glad to remove all those "friends". Got rid of clutter I didn't give a damn about anyhow, and made me less depressed.

Dam straight. I only add my family members and a coupa of close friends to my Facebook. The entire friends list doesn't even exceed the total number of fingers I have. Gotta say I totally enjoy the peace and quiet everyone keeps pining for.

Putting things in perspective, I can't understand why everyone is so seriously peeved whenever an acquaintance "unfriend" them. To me, social networks and other communication devices are just daily appliances, meant to make life more convenient not more difficult. It's obscene how people mistake "connectivity" for "availability". I find it even more audacious that people need to find affirmation for their existence in the form of "likes" to whatever nonsense they feel like sprouting as the occasion demands. Dude, what's the world comin' to dis dayz...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:41:18 AM by Oink »

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: Personality Test What kind of person are you?
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2014, 04:13:06 AM »
Putting things in perspective, I can't understand why everyone is so seriously peeved whenever an acquaintance "unfriend" them. To me, social networks and other communication devices are just daily appliances, meant to make life more convenient not more difficult. It's obscene how people mistake "connectivity" for "availability". I find it even more audacious that people need to find affirmation for their existence in the form of "likes" to whatever nonsense they feel like sprouting as the occasion demands. Dude, what's the world comin' to dis dayz...
People think I'm mad at them when I unfriend them, and refuse to message me unless I re-accepted their friend request, even though they could message me without having to open the floodgate for their social affirmation crap.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2014, 04:27:47 AM »
People think I'm mad at them when I unfriend them, and refuse to message me unless I re-accepted their friend request, even though they could message me without having to open the floodgate for their social affirmation crap.

The problem here is that it's a "social" network and you're both very confused about why people dislike your anti-social behaviors. XD

When someone "Likes" your post, the word is misleading. Maybe they like it, maybe they don't, but in any case, they're "reaching out" and saying, "Yes, we're still in each other's lives, and even if it's just a small show of affection, it's still important that you know I see you in my social sphere." It's, like, knowing that you're in someone's thoughts, however briefly, that can comfort people. And the idea of comfort being from people is, at it's core, a social idea. Thus, social networking.

So there is no "What re we all coming to!?" issue, really. We've always been this way, and now technology allows us to do so in a more public manner.

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:24 AM »
Well, I'll give you that. I had a different perspective when I first joined Facebook. Now I'm just itching for a reason to disable my account. Sadly, the people at my uni insist on posting class files and updates on Facebook. :-\

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
Re: Personality Test – What kind of person are you?
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2014, 05:51:30 AM »
I am so happy that I don't have Facebook! I don't need to worry about all the stupid things that come with it, nor do I need to care what people I don't like, or barely know, are doing. And now that I think of it, if I did have Facebook I wouldn't do anything on it, it would be useless.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:57 AM »
I am so happy that I don't have Facebook! I don't need to worry about all the stupid things that come with it, nor do I need to care what people I don't like, or barely know, are doing. And now that I think of it, if I did have Facebook I wouldn't do anything on it, it would be useless.

Green Dragon

• Tier 7
  • Finally unbound from my shackles, weak humans
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
Good! Now we can't have Facebook! TOGETHER! Because I probably wouldn't do anything with it, either.
If I could, I'd turn back time, forget it all and leave this mess behind.
If I could, her love would always be around.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »
Hmmm,
Somewhere between INFP & INFJ.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »

Hahaha! This basically sums up the irony! XD

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
Too much social interaction isn't good.
For one, I wish I'd meet someone who'd say this in my face.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thought this was pretty humorous.

Oink

• Tier 3
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one that thought this was pretty humorous.

"You're not the only one."

There! I affirmed it! Happy?!?

But dun misunderstand!!! it's not like I really "like" it, u know? I'm just... like... kinda... happy dat someone replied...

Aaaanyway, I'm not gonna add u to my FB ever!!! So u can just beg and grovel or whatever to change my mind... Hmph!

When someone "Likes" your post, the word is misleading. Maybe they like it, maybe they don't, but in any case, they're "reaching out" and saying, "Yes, we're still in each other's lives, and even if it's just a small show of affection, it's still important that you know I see you in my social sphere." It's, like, knowing that you're in someone's thoughts, however briefly, that can comfort people. And the idea of comfort being from people is, at it's core, a social idea. Thus, social networking.

That's as tsundere as it goes...

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »

No idea what that means or how it applies. XD

I feel like a lot of people who take these tests end up with the same-ish results, and that's why I'm not totally on board with them. I think that if these tests are accurate, there are certain Types of people who will falsify their tests in order to purposefully seem like another Type.

For example, if the world was separated into two Types, one the Truth Tellers and the other the Liars, when you let everyone talk the test, everyone would come out being Truth Tellers. Likewise, there's a giant influx of the same few Types of people posting their results here, and all of them seem rather different. So I can safely assume either a) the tests don't work, or b) the tests don't ever account for the types of people who are inherently lying about their type, at which point they don't work.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:26:36 AM by Merlandese »

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2014, 09:41:10 AM »
"You're not the only one."

There! I affirmed it! Happy?!?

Yep, my dreams in life are now fulfilled.

Seriously what does this word even mean? All I get when I look it up is "...it is a Japanese character development process...".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:43:09 AM by The-PurpleOrange »

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2014, 10:29:35 AM »

Seriously what does this word even mean? All I get when I look it up is "...it is a Japanese character development process...".
Is seven the maximum number of words in a sentence you can comprehend?

The whole sentence reads: "it is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing his or her warm side over time."
Also, it's often used to describe a person who likes someone/something but hides the feeling behind the facade of hostility and unfriendliness.

I-it's not like I wanted to explain this to you, it's just that your ignorance was frustrating, b-baka!

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2014, 11:43:30 AM »
Okay, now explain "b-baka."