Author Topic: SCF games. Last Scenario and Exit Fate  (Read 7465 times)

Chris

• Tier 3
SCF games. Last Scenario and Exit Fate
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »
I don't know how to upload pictures so excuse me for not providing you with visual material.

http://www.scfworks.com/ls.php

Well Last Scenario was the first indie RPG I played and the first RPG Maker XP I played too. It gave me the interest to explore indie gaming and RPG Maker XP more and the reason I found Freebird games this month.

Last Scenario is a game that includes a well thought story full of plot twists and a great deal of sidequests for you to finish even after you've finished the game. There is also a card minigame in the game that is fun and original

Exit Fate is the second game by SCF(the sole creator of the games) that is very different from the LS. It takes influence from Suikoden games and features a cast of 75 characters for you to recruit in the course of the game. It also has turn based strategy battles in many points of the game where you have a small army and you have to outwit the bigger army in order to progress.

Here is the introductory video of Exit Fate.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: SCF games. Last Scenario and Exit Fate
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
Ah yes, these (Exit Fate mainly) are pretty amazing. I haven't gotten too far though, but from what I've played, the praises for it are well accounted for. c: The character profile pics are very well done, too.

Chris

• Tier 3
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 01:20:36 AM »
His skill on making character portraits has been boosted a lot if you compare LS with EF

Rieves I urge you to look at his drawing blog at least for a minute so you can see how good he has become in drawing http://blog.scfworks.com/

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »
Certainly. I've checked out his drawing blog a while back as well. To be honest, the portrait styles in Lyra's Melody was inspired by how it was in Exit Fate and its inspirations (I'm no where near their level though, of course). I also find the pace that he puts out his stuff astonishing - and he's making a new pic for the blog each day on top!

Chris

• Tier 3
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:13 AM »
I think the same thing about how many pictures he has in that blog. He could have a gallery with all that stuff.

He also must have a new project on the works.

Since you said you didn't finish Exit Fate in the end he has something like a half minute trailer with a still picture making it seems that he's next game will be named "Brotherhood" or something along these lines. In the end of the game there is a character you can recruit that has to run away from some kind of secret Brotherhood so SCF probably gives us a bit of information about his next project.

octagon

• Tier 2
  • pilfers the teapots of guileless commoners
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
I played both games, and I must say, their quality is staggering.

I can hardly say which game I like most. The quality of artwork (you must love the portraits! :D), gameplay and storytelling is certainly better in Exit Fate... SCF really advanced in the course of time.
But the setting of Last Scenario really fascinates me and you are somehow ...closer to the protagonists and the story isn't told as distantly as it is in Exit Fate. (And I like the battle system of LS a bit better, too...  the "spellcards" make it extremely tactical. ;) )

They are not really comparable, but recently it felt for me like Quintessence would be on par with their quality... :) it is a very different game, but it does an extremely good job of character development and the feelings of the protagonists without being too emo. :-[
It has a good balance of tragical and humorous moments, too.
"That's crazy talk, why would I possibly pick up a mushroom?"