Author Topic: Introduction? or maybe Reintroduction? Deja vu.  (Read 3143 times)

Dreadsteed

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Introduction? or maybe Reintroduction? Deja vu.
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »
Well my name is Dreadstead! Really! Thats my name honest......
Nah not really,  its a mount, the name of a horse in the game World of Warcraft.

Well as some people may or may not know I used to play world of warcraft but decided to quit before I entered high school, my character was a level 70 paladin on the realm of ursin...

Well enough of that. I am now a sophomore at my vocational high school my vocation being The world of information technology also known to many as computer repair though the field is broader than that now with so many sub fields.

My likes are swimming both recreational and competitve, jogging, pizza, chinese food, computers obviously, why is this sounding like a dinner plate with a side order of exercise right after? and funny enough thinking I like thinking of complex situations with many different outcomes.... and some possible solutions. (Which may not always be the best solutions)

Dislikes are: thinking hard (Wow I like to think yet hate thinking hard what a hipocrate I am folks), math (see dislikes are: thinking hard), programming  (Add math + thinking hard + lazyness/time constraints and you get why I can't program yet and why I dislike attempting to learn. I'll turn programming into a like someday.

Well anyways how I got here I at one point wanted to learn to program and was looking to learn how to program an rpg (worst first project ever if you want to learn) I tried to learn a bit of python and whatnot, and soon hit a brick wall at that than found rpg maker xp one thing led to another and I started playing the games

Played games a couple of games like master of the wind and ethereal dreams and found myself staring at the old quintessence page like 5 chapters back played it and fell in love with the story and every couple of weeks or so I checked on the website for new chapters

and I think I made my first post when Do you remember my lullaby was released kinda tugged at my heart strings a little so today after a few months of being gone doing checking this website every 2-3 weeks I decided to make this post after logging in.

So umm here I am and Hi

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
Re: Introduction? or maybe Reintroduction? Deja vu.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »
You know, for a sophomore, you certainly seemed freakishly knowledgeable from the bit of conversation I had with ya. :P Good stuff, you're well on your way.

Welcome, and thanks for the detailed introduction! I do remember seeing you from quite a while back, so you're technically one of the oldies, heheh. Glad ya enjoyed the projects, and good luck with making your game! Programming something like a RPG from scratch is certainly not something suited for a start-up project, so I think you found a suitable tool for it.  :reivsmile:

Dreadsteed

• Tier 3
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
I guess I enjoy some of the programming theory and whatnot but just can't deal with how verbose programming languages are too many commands to remember  :reivsmile:

edit: (though if I like it or not i'm going to have to learn a programming language if I want to get into the field of computer security and will have to ( see forced to learn due to college classes) a programming language prolly c# so might as well try and get a start on it while in high school.

Meh easier said than done.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:32:15 PM by Dreadsteed »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »
Heheh yeah, it takes a while. Oh, by the way I don't think you made a post when Lullaby was released, this thread was your first. :P

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
Hello, Dreadsteed! Semi-late welcome, but oh well...

Since Vasha doesn't seem to be around, I'll steal his job again and warn you of a talking, monkey-loving, pretzel hating, pastry that goes by the name of Muffin. Stay away from him it if you do not wish to be forcibly married.

P.S. World of Warcraft FTW!
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »
^ Heed his words if you value your sanity!

Welcome to the forums!
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Leeor

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »
I give him a week until he's married.

Hiya! Welcome to freebird.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:31:28 AM »
Too bad I'm going to be a junior once classes start....anyways, nice to meet you. ^^

Dreadsteed

• Tier 3
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 03:53:53 PM »
Did I forgot to say hello?
Welcome Dreadsteed and sorry for the late welcome :P
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
Welcome to the Forums!
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Dreadsteed

• Tier 3
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »
Did I forgot to say hello?
Welcome Dreadsteed and sorry for the late welcome :P

Oh my god and all things grape juice its the pastry monkey! Sadly my friend no inter forum marriage for me.   :reivsmile:

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »
you may think that now but he married an old name i had to something and I still hate him for it.
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
yeah, it doesn't matter if you want to or not, he will get you married.

And hi! (thanks for the warning mepwnn, i'm going to busy for a week or so probably)