Author Topic: See You Monday  (Read 4910 times)

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: See You Monday
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
Hey, he didn't even tell us where he was going!
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »
Disneyland!  :gothat!:

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
Didn't he say in his first post that he was going to Berlin? o_o

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
... I must've looked stupid when I asked that

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »
I want to go to Berlin. ( . . . Eurotrip! :P )

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
I raided Berlin!

...In Call of Duty World at War...

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »
Oy, don't ruin other people's trips by saying that kind of stuff!
But It is possible!  -cuss-

I want to go to Berlin. ( . . . Eurotrip! :P )

Memories.. 
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 01:03:49 AM »
You watched Eurotrip, Muffin? But it came out when you were like what, 10 or 11? :P SO underaged!

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »
That wouldn't be too old then, considering Muffin's age :P

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey guys!  :vikonsmile:
Thanks for all the "Have fun"'s etc.  :reivsmile:

I’m back and it was an awesome time. I also took some photos which I could upload if you want to see them. It is nothing special and I forgot my camera when we visited the "Reichstag".

Day 1 (Saturday)
After getting up early (7:00 AM) and driving to the station, "we*" took the train to Berlin. At 11:30 we arrived in Berlin and went to our youth hostel. But since we could not get in before 4:00 PM, we stored our luggages and had a lot of free time. We had train tickets for all three days so we could travel through Berlin at any time. However, we took the train to the "Alexanderplatz" and went to the "Alexa" which is a shopping mall with four stories. There was a 8,000m² Media Markt (one of Germany’s biggest electronic markets). There was a 103 inch widescreen for €40,000. A pity that I didn’t have that much money. xD
After that "we" went to a book story. I bought a Ruby book for €10, but for some unknown reason I had to pay only €3,30. Well, I cannot complain about this. Then we went to the fourth story, the food mall. I love Subway :>
Later that day – in fact it was about 10:30 PM – "we" visited some bars. At 12PM we had to be back at the youth hostel.

Day 2 (Sunday)
We had not much free time at this day. We got up at about 8:30 and I had a shower, then we had breakfast. At about 11:00 we took the train to another part of the city to visit a museum – the "Checkpoint Charlie", an old DDR (GDR) museum which was very interesting. Unfortunately there was a lot of text to read (in German, English, French and Russian) and no place to take a break or sit down for a while. Afterwards we bought somethimg to eat and went to the next place, the "Stelenfeld", an memorial place to the jews who were killed in World War II. This was a very touching and facinating experience. On the surface there were about 7,000 huge blocks of stone (up to 4.20 metres) and beneath there was something like a museum, but very different. It was divided in several rooms.
In the first room there were lighted squares in the groud with the last words (letters etc.) of jews who knew they would be killed in some days. They wrote to their remaining familiy and told them goodbye forever.
The second room contained the stories of some jewish families. There was a lot of text to read, but I did not stay there long. In the next room there were placed to sit down. On the walls there were the names of jews who were killed and short biographies were read out (audiotape). In most cases the circumstances of there death were unknown. They read every short biography twice; one time in German and one time in English.
The next room, the "Room of Places" contained the stories of places like Babi Jar and Ausschwitz very hundred thousands of jews were killed. On the walls there were "telephones". You could press a button of a place and then a jew who survived the concentration camp told the story of the most terrible time of his life. Very few survived. Even children were killed, burned or buried alive.

After this we had a short shipping tour through Berlin. I took some photos of some beautiful or impressive buildings and places. In the night we went to a open-air cinema and watched a German movie with English subtitles (Novemberkind – November Child, the story of a young women who lived in the DDR/GDR and searched for her parents). It was nice, but the ending was to abruptly.

Day 3 (Monday)
Today we got up early, again and I had a shower, again. Then we had time to eat breakfast and tidy up our rooms until 11:00 AM, as far as I remember. We stored our luggages in a room outside and took the train to the "Reichstag". A man told us a lot about the history of the building and much more (political backgrounds etc.) and then we decided spontaneously to test the new "travel guides", small handy consoles with an ear-phone who told you something depending on which point if the building you were. The "Reichstag" has a huge glas cupola and we went up their in long circles. Depending on what we could see (we had a very good view from up there) the travel guide told us something about the historical backgrounds of great building etc.
Later we met a prominent delegate ("Steffen Kampeter) who made us possible to get into the "Reichstag" without waiting time and pay only 30% of the normal price. He told us a lot about his job and answered all of our questions. He is the "leader" of the bank saving project which means he has a huge responsibility. In fact he comes from our/my region and is a very important man in the politics.
Finally we had lunch at the "Reichstag" and some free time we used to buy something to drink. Eventually we drove back and now I am here again.
It was great. Too bad that it is over already.

*"we" = Me and (usually) five friends.

P.S. Sorry for all the grammer and spelling mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:23:37 PM by Squall »

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »

Spoiler: The "Reichstag" cupola • show

Spoiler: Some impressive buildings… • show

Spoiler: Some impressive buildings… • show

Spoiler: The roof of the "Sony Center" • show

Spoiler: "Stelenfeld" • show

Spoiler: Stelenfeld • show

Spoiler: The "Reichstag" • show

Spoiler: An old building • show

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
Mmmmm. That bring back memories... On times, when i passed trought Berlin to get in Italy :D
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »
Whoosh, those are some sweet places. I want to go now! Stelen Field and Sony Center are especially interesting.

Great to hear ya had fun. Sounds like it was a real busy trip, too. You should probably take a few days and rest up! Thanks for sharing it with us.  :kardiansmile:

P.S.
And see, Muffin, it was a great trip. :P

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »
Those pictures make me wanna go to Berlin :P

P.S.
Yeah, Muffin, no naked people!