Author Topic: [Chapter 1-10] Release <Quintessence - The Blighted Venom>  (Read 37154 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: [Chapter 1-10] Release <Quintessence - The Blighted Venom>
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
I agree, OGG is the best. Only really long songs cause a problem when they're OGG (like Where we Part. I had to replace it with an MP3 version so it wouldn't crash some of my computers). So I say make all the songs other than Where We Part and OGG or an MIDI (which they pretty much already are).

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
As we are on the topic of music problems, this is a non-game related problem...

Trails by JQZ gives a WMP runtime error EVERY time I play the song. It happens near the very end, when accessed via WMP. Anyone else get this error?

(Feel free to split this topic)
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2009, 02:56:16 AM »
Very nice. Although playing needs to be moved until when I am able to get back to Manila. :)

Harfan

• Tier 1
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »
Hello there, Reives.

I've played chapter 1-9 few months back and really excited on this new release. But am i need to redownload all the chapter 1-10 and use the saves from before to continue? You mean, i have to download all 100mb?

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »
hey reives I found missing tiles while i was playing <.<"
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »
I know this was a while back, but if you want to do accents and special characters, an easy way to do it is to use the Character Map in Windows (you do use Windows, right?). It should be in Accessories > System Tools. You just copy and paste the special characters.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Lurker

• Tier 1
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
Why the hell would you password the savefile rar?

I cant wrap my mind around the purpose of you passwording something that people are going to download and open.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
@Mepwn:
That's strange, I haven't gotten it. Does it bug out on other media players?

@Star:
Sure, looking forward to yer feedback. c:

@Harfan:
Yep, the new package in its entirety has to be downloaded. My apologies, I know that this is rather inconvenient for users with slower internet speed; in the future, I will make versions without the audio folder so you can copy over the audio folder from the past versions to save some file size.

@Hunter:
Tell me where! :P

@Abi:
Ah okay, I'll go check it out.

@Lurker:
Mainly because I don't want it to be distributed elsewhere. When people link these files, they sometimes forget to include the password (due to the fact that normally there isn't one, as you just demonstrated), hence making the file unusable. It's not that much of a cover, but something for no work is better than nothing.

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
There's also a special character reference at W3Schools, if you're interested.  And you can ask me about how to get accents, too.  :)  I know quite many of them, since I'm Hispanic.  I have to use them very often.  :)

http://w3schools.com/tags/ref_symbols.asp

http://w3schools.com/tags/ref_ascii.asp  (ASCII, if you need them for some reason.)

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

xAvaRenx

• Tier 3
  • Siempre son
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »
Chapter 10 was great!! I replayed through the whole game b/c I kinda forgot what happened after all of that time.
I never knew
You stayed up late
Until you called me
At 4:38
am
and said
"I'm bored"
GRRRRR

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Reives: once I go back through it I will screen shot locations to show you... One might be cause it is a double curved edge in two spots, but if that is the case I might have a tile/tileset that has a fix for that if you want it.

I saw it and was like nice story but my eyes were too trained on the etails after seeing some errors.... I think i saw 10 or so but i was following the story through so who knows?
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

tmhpev

• Tier 2
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
hello, im new here and i got a question about the next chapter:
when it comes up, i'll have to install the game again, or it will automaticly join the installd game?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 07:00:17 PM »
Heya tmh! Yep, you'll have to reinstall the new game file when it is up - but it's only a < 30-second process. You can then either use your old save file to continue, or download the official continuation save. :reivsmile:

And eep, missed replies from before.
@Arwym:
Ah, awesome. Thanks! I haven't used them much so I'm pretty in experienced, will have to play around with them.

@xAva:
Glad ya enjoyed it. And heheh yeah, it's been a long time. It should be an interesting experience to go through the 100% complete game once it's finished, after having gone through each release - perhaps by then it'll feel historic! :P

@Bard:
Yeah, there are lots of mapping mishaps with the cliff tiles. o: Feel free to let me know if you come across that again!

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 03:23:14 AM »
Reives, do you ever play with Quintessence just for having fun? Or do you always just look for bugs and errors? :D
(well, now as I think about it, you may know the whole story back and forth... still, I have an old game which I played through more than 10 times, and I still enjoy playing with it... ^^)
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

tmhpev

• Tier 2
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 03:48:24 AM »
Heya tmh! Yep, you'll have to reinstall the new game file when it is up - but it's only a < 30-second process. You can then either use your old save file to continue, or download the official continuation save. :reivsmile:

And eep, missed replies from before.
@Arwym:
Ah, awesome. Thanks! I haven't used them much so I'm pretty in experienced, will have to play around with them.

@xAva:
Glad ya enjoyed it. And heheh yeah, it's been a long time. It should be an interesting experience to go through the 100% complete game once it's finished, after having gone through each release - perhaps by then it'll feel historic! :P

@Bard:
Yeah, there are lots of mapping mishaps with the cliff tiles. o: Feel free to let me know if you come across that again!
so you actually say i have to delete the game and all it's files, expect for the save file?