Author Topic: Pres. Obama  (Read 4645 times)

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Pres. Obama
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:46 AM »
So president Obama has been in office for over 100 days, with such little experience alot people thought he wasn't ready to be president such as myself...

Now that he's been in office for 100 days how well do you think he runs our country?
I personaly think I totally underestimated him. So far he's doing a outstanding job and it seems like he cares about the people.
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Pres. Obama
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:35:16 PM »
Wow, Sizzle! I'm really glad you gave him a chance, I never expected you'd come around. :P

Personally, I'm not terribly impressed. Obviously he hasn't made any drastic mistakes or anything, but he hasn't quite been like I hoped, either. I'm DEFINITELY not happy with all the spending, I'm not terribly impressed with the appointments (and the apparently arbitrary forgiveness of some tax cheaters, while some of the tax cheaters are disqualified), how he relaxed his rules on lobbyists in the administration, and many other things. Like I said, nothing absolutely horrible (and I'm not hoping for it either) has come about because of his policies (i.e. no terrorist attacks, collapse of the banking system, depression era unemployment etc.), but I was hoping he'd be a bit more, well, conservative :P (that's probably asking too much, though.)
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:20:16 PM »
Heheh, I'm surprised at Sizzle too.

Ironically, after the election I haven't been able to pay enough attention (not a matter of lesser interest, but busier schedule) to make any educated saying. Still rooting for him though - 100 days isn't really enough to show much, but so far he seems to be keeping on track with most of his promises (a few fallen promises is expected as with every president). Some bloopers here and there, but quite firm overall.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »
Ironically, after the election I haven't been able to pay enough attention (not a matter of lesser interest, but busier schedule) to make any educated saying. Still rooting for him though - 100 days isn't really enough to show much, but so far he seems to be keeping on track with most of his promises (a few fallen promises is expected as with every president). Some bloopers here and there, but quite firm overall.

I've always though Obama would eventually be victim of his own popularity. Due to the depressing situation in the USA (and the world), seeing this new person is like a prophet falling from heavens. A lot of hope is placed upon him - so much that the Obama we tend to think of is an idealized version of perfection. But he is still a man. It seems that no matter how well or incredible he does his job, he'll never be able to do what was expected of him, because that's just impossible considering the amount of hope we placed previously.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »
He DID play on that uber popularity though, and a lot. Naturally,  because he wanted to get elected. I still do kinda hope it comes back to bite him, because I don't think he was exactly honest in the way he advertised himself.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 03:31:11 AM »
Supposedly, I should not post here since first of all I am not a US citizen, nor am I aware of things in US. All I can say is that "what are the changes that are already in effect?". It takes two years for me to criticize him properly (as a foreign person).

xAvaRenx

• Tier 3
  • Siempre son
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »
I agree with (?)

The first 100 days isn't enough time to judge. What's surprising me is that Cheney is a lot more talkative now...

(Pro-bama)
I never knew
You stayed up late
Until you called me
At 4:38
am
and said
"I'm bored"
GRRRRR

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »
The first 100 days is a traditional point at which the media examines the new administration, I'm not sure how the tradition started. I think everybody realizes that it's only about 1/15 of the presidency over, so it's not like you can definitively judge the president, but you can absolutely get an idea of direction and priority and so forth.

Just kind of defending the 100 day thing. It's not some conservative conspiracy, same thing happened to Bush, Clinton... everybody since FDR if I'm not mistaken.

Candide

• Tier 6
  • I'm the bomb. Like tick, tick.
    • tumblah
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
Mm, normally I don't pay attention to politics, but then my sister (who lives in America) told me about things I'm not so sure are actually happening:

1) Illegal aliens may run around to their hearts' content and pick other people's marshmallows!
2) When those aliens get in hospitals and they have no money, the working US citizens' taxes go to them!
3) People with high income have higher taxes than those with lower income.

I'm not so sure, actually. If I've offended anyone, well I hope you don't secretly plot on my utter defeat. My apologies to Obama supporters.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »
Mm, normally I don't pay attention to politics, but then my sister (who lives in America) told me about things I'm not so sure are actually happening:

1) Illegal aliens may run around to their hearts' content and pick other people's marshmallows!
2) When those aliens get in hospitals and they have no money, the working US citizens' taxes go to them!
3) People with high income have higher taxes than those with lower income.

I'm not so sure, actually. If I've offended anyone, well I hope you don't secretly plot on my utter defeat. My apologies to Obama supporters.

All basically true (Well, except the marshmallows). We don't do a lot to discourage illegal aliens from settling in the U.S., unless we catch them pretty close to the border. All that was going on long before Obama, though, so I'm pretty sure you haven't offended any of his supporters (that's my job).

The thing I'm getting pretty ticked about with Obama is the RIDICULOUS spending. Unemployment's twice what it was when he came into office, so I kinda doubt that all that spending is really worth it. Plus he's taken way too much authority over the private businesses.

Candide

• Tier 6
  • I'm the bomb. Like tick, tick.
    • tumblah
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »
So then.. I actually decided to research on what Obama's done so far. Apparently he's spending more than $80 billion just for the war in Afghanistan. It's effing retarded (couldn't find another word that fit, sorry). At first I was thinking like, "No way! He's withdrawing them from Iraq? Good for him!" and now that admiration is now with my expectations of fellow teenagers who used to show an ounce of intelligence.

Oh yay, so much money is going just to kill other people. I thought he was going to end the wars and let America not die out due to having their taxes go to the military and not to other things. I mean, Gov Schwarzenegger (damn I hate spelling his name) is at least approving of digital textbooks. SAVE PAPER YAAY.

e__O I make no sense to myself again.

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
I pay more attention to satirists than I do actual news (I think they're about equally informative, but that's just my inner/outer cynic speaking), but I haven't caught wind of anything astronomically stupid so far.  So... *thumbsup?*

Amaranth

• I'm back and better than ever!
  • Tier 7
  • Kinda lost.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 04:08:09 PM »
As somebody who voted for Obama back in November, I'm not displeased with his administration so far, but I have my gripes. It's obviously still too early to make any big-time judgments, but I'm a little unsure of what he's doing in response to the current situation in Iran. Part of me wants him to openly support the protesters, but the other part keeps telling me that if he does, Ahmadinejad will use that to his advantage (he's already said that this is the work of Western nations/Zionists who want to interfere). I guess I'll just have to wait and see . . . 
Check out the Letter--->Word Abbreviation thread for some fun!

Examples of my skills:

Hallelujah! A xylophone orgasmed recently.

Actually, geriatric gigolos can still have dalliances.

A really muscular, super-tough, reliable older nutty guy.

Leeor

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
I think obama does an avarage job but i also think he's kind of a jerk(i am serious)because he supports the iranic atom factories.(and that may as well bring doom upon us.

Amaranth

• I'm back and better than ever!
  • Tier 7
  • Kinda lost.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
Where did you hear that? Obama tried to start talks with Iran (before the election issue arose, anyway), but I don't think he said anything about supporting Iran's desire for nuclear weapons.
Check out the Letter--->Word Abbreviation thread for some fun!

Examples of my skills:

Hallelujah! A xylophone orgasmed recently.

Actually, geriatric gigolos can still have dalliances.

A really muscular, super-tough, reliable older nutty guy.