Author Topic: Anthem of Joy  (Read 1686 times)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Anthem of Joy
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »
Yeah, I think I got addicted  ;).

Second song in two days, but neither of the that great. This one i think is better, though. It's kind of hectic at times though (maybe, depends on what you call 'hectic'). I really like it though!  :vikonsmile:

I just named it something random.

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
  • profile picture courtesy of Silentgears
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Anthem of Joy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »
This is pretty good! And there's no problem to get addicted to writing music!

I also like this one better, the melody part was more interesting and there was a choir in the background, which is something you don't hear in most compositions. This makes me feel at peace, and (this is an opinion here) it reminds me of the twilight (not the book, the actual time of day), so name it something that would seem... peaceful. But yes, there are some hectic parts.

Now the next thing to add is those dynamics. Try a piano piece or a solo to get the feel of using dynamics, then move into multiple instruments/choir.

But yes, this is a nice piece! So... very... peaceful... want to... go to sleep... now... Zzz...
Portals... must capture... ALL the portals... (click image to enlarge)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »
LOL and yay!

dynamics like the articulation tools? I don't even know what most of those do. i used to take piano lessons, but i never got into some of these. the basic ones i need to know are as follow (the ones not crossed out):

Spoiler: show

does anyone know what some of these mean? i remember learning the top right one, but i don't remember what it does. And do the volume signatures (crossed out) actually affect the notepad file? they seem pretty quiet even on the loudest one

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:18 PM »
The volume articulations (known as dynamics) change the current volume of the piece. PPP is the softest, while FFF is the loudest. They do affect the notepad file. PM me and I can send you an MUS file that has dynamics (Storm Calling).

As for the upper right one... That is known as a Fermata, which extends the note it is placed over by a certain value, usually double the value. On Notepad, it is double by default.

Ugh, after looking at the articulation section, I found number 11, which was something I needed.

So when I say you need dynamics, you need the volume articulations. Number 2 is a stress, which makes a note louder. Number 3 is a short note, like a staccato.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »
As for the upper right one... That is known as a Fermata, which extends the note it is placed over by a certain value, usually double the value. On Notepad, it is double by default.
Isn't that pretty much what the dot to the side of the note does, except it does it for longer? but i supposed the fermata doesn't count for extra beats in a measure, right?

Number 3 is a short note, like a staccato.
I thought that was what number 1 was for, what's number 1 for then?

mepwnn

• いつまでも
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »
Isn't that pretty much what the dot to the side of the note does, except it does it for longer? but i supposed the fermata doesn't count for extra beats in a measure, right?

Number 3 is a short note, like a staccato.
I thought that was what number 1 was for, what's number 1 for then?
OK, the fermata is NOT like the dot to the side of the notes. Essentially, a dot will increase a note by half of it's value. So for instance, a dotted quarter note will have a value of one quarter note and one eighth note. However, a fermata doubles/triples/whatevers the note. And it does NOT count for extra beats.

Numbers one and three are the same, except the carrot top (number three) is stressed.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
It has the peaceful feeling instead of a joyful feeling. :x
But it is still nice to hear such. No worries, it isn't that bad.  :reivsmile:
There is always a point for improvement.

Delphinus

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:09:45 AM »
Really it's remind me of something.... maybe some melody at my childhood...   :) atleast i like it