Author Topic: Dating Age  (Read 4389 times)

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Dating Age
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »
@Ghost: I must agree here. It's like that sex has become everything people care for. They do it not for love or having kids, but because they think it's "cool" and "fun" while that is not what sex is really for at all.

(Sorry if I went a little off-topic. This was about dating age, not sex. :reivsmile:)

Berkeley

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »
@ Love: Before I go more more off-topic I'll just say: Right on!

Ronnie

• Tier 7
  • we live in a beautiful world.
    • my personal blog
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 08:36:04 AM »
In my opinion, age differences can be or cannot be a problem - it is totally elsehow in either case, depends on the two people and nobody else. If the two are mature enough to make a relationship, and it works - let's just leave out those who're only going out with each other for having sex -, then they should not pay attention to whoever says the age gap is too big.

Actually I had a boyfriend by the age of 13 who was 7 years older than me. Right, it didn't work, but it wasn't because the age difference but because he was an ignorant prat who never cared about my opinion... I would have dumped him if I was the same age as him too. (I often thought about it, if he thought I was stupid, why was he going out with me in the first place? We never did anything but some kisses - and even that wasn't too enjoyable xDD)

Anyway, I think it's better if the man is older - in case we're talking about couples younger than 25 -, because women mature faster. It isn't offence, it's a fact. I sometimes do have problems with the childishness with my own boyfriend, who is only 7 months younger than I, and we've been going out for more than 2 years now...

And something else: in my country most men don't seek only sexual relationships. Here the most problem is that nobody can really express their emotions, and often misunderstand each other - way too complex, I think. ^^"
"They say that New York is the City That Never Sleeps. I think the people who say that have never been to Tokyo. Tokyo is the City That Never Even Blinks." (Pianissimo Butterfly) ~ click it, if you like Gravitation, you'll love this.

"Nosza, fogadd bilincseinket, kötözd be fájó szívverésed..." (József Attila)

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 09:49:06 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you said, ronnie.

If the couple is mature enough, and actually love each other, not just doing it cuz it's 'what the cool people are doing.' Personally, i find it kind of stupid when people just date, break-up, date, break-up, and repeat. If you're going to date someone, try and make sure that it's for the right reasons.

Sorry, that was a bit off-topic. I think we're kind of turning this into a general dating discussion, not just dating with age-gaps.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:38 AM »
Eh, as long as it is not a big problem to your studies/work and anything which is very very significant, then there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Of course, that goes with respect.