Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 30273 times)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
There really are incentives for people to get married, as far as tax breaks and stuf...

Anyway, you're connflating two different things. Homosexuality, as a state of being attracted to members of one's own gender, is not a choice. Homosex having sex with a member of one's own gender, is ABSOLUTELY a choice. There are psychologists out there who believe that pedophiles, like homosexuals, may be born with their sexual preferences. Their attraction to children is something they didn't choose, but whether or not they go out and act on those preferences is.

I'm not trying to equate raping children with having consensual sex with an adult. The similarity I'm pointing out is that in both cases there is a desire which may or may not be acted upon.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 10:29:53 PM »
Oh yeah, there are definitely incentives. That was just at what was said, since allowing such gay marriages would not be "giving incentives" to it, but rather, well, allowing it in the first place. :P

And oh, okay. So in:
I don't necessarily think we should DISCOURAGE it (i.e. criminalizing homosex) because I think people should generally be able to make their own decisions, good or bad, so long as they're only hurting themselves.
, the "decisions" you are referring to are whether or not to engage in such marriage involving the two willing homosexual partners, or the said consensual sex involving the two willing homosexual partners.

Then. . .
Quote from: Abigailian
I think people should generally be able to make their own decisions, good or bad, so long as they're only hurting themselves.
. . . I agree?  ???

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »
Okay! I see your point now. Thanks for clarifying. :) the difference is, that a homosexual relationship is a decision that two people are allowed to make on their own, and this isn't something I would challenge their RIGHT to do. Marriage, however, implies ceremonies and laws and other people getting involved. Just because the couple may have the right to be a couple, doesn't mean they have the right to involve the government and the community, or to make anyone give them benefits because of their decision. In other words I think they should be allowed to make their own decision, but not to insist that other people endorse their decision. Is that a little clearer?
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

JinA

• Tier 2
  • You know me, I'm one of those living on Earth! ;)
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:22 PM »
First off, that a person was born gay or lesbian is what he/she had never expected! Sometimes a real female is hiding in a male body and  she cannot do anything about it. Then why blame her? Everyone has the right to love and to be loved, hence, there is nothing wrong with gay marriage. (Unless sometimes somebody just wants to act gay, then I have nothing to say...)

By the way, I am a straight female~~~

Storm Obsession

• Tier 6
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
I don't think one is BORN to be gay or lesbian or whatever. It's just a choice, and scientists have for years found that there is no such thing as a 'gay gene' (it's what they called it. Seriously!) anywhere.
Actually, two scientists insisted they found it, but then when their reports and document stuffs were examined, it was discovered to be a hoax.
There's nothing genetic about one's sexual orientation. It's just a choice.
Just saying.
Um, not wanting to be mean or anything, but yes, I am against homosexuality. (But not against the homosexuals themselves, of course.)

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
Well we have evidences about homosexual animals so it's nothing againts nature. One my friend is homosexual and I found that when he told me. It was little shocking. :D
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »
Homosexual animals...? :salbrow: That doesn't exist.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 07:18:08 PM »
Actually it does. Same with necrophilia - in fact, both of those were evident in one single famous case involving two ducks.

(And a summer ago me and my cousin also spotted two homosexual mosquitoes.)

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
There are mistakes in nature. It may be a chemical imblance in the mind. Humans are made to mate and have children. And plus, if homosexuals are to have sex, it can cause bodily harm.

(Oh, and I'm not against gays, I just don't want them to do anything in public. ::))

Rayen

• is on an emotional roller-coaster.
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Forum Semi-Lurker
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
My mom's cat is gay.. He tries to molest my cat..

-----
That smile you see upon my face? That's nothing more than just a mask.

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
Doing actions like that is only to show that they are dominant.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
Doing actions like that is only to show that they are dominant.

Not necessarily.

History curiosity:
In acient Egypt the emperor must've raped a man who losed fight with him to prove his strenght.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Saken

• Official RP Mentor
  • Tier 3
  • I don't own the picture.
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 08:42:01 PM »
I have not tuned into this whole thread, but I think it's a bit self explanatory: Gay Marriage, should it be allowed and, from the posts on this page, is it a choice and what not.

In my opinion it is certainly not a choice.  Having sex with another male/female is, of course, a choice, but weither or not you're attracted to same sex, or to different sexes, is not.

Sure, a homosexual may put off thoughts of men, or women, and date the opposite sex and come to love their partner or what not, but they might be sexually repulsed by the person or just unsure about the whole thing in general. I don't mean to put people down who think it's not a choice, or to cast stones on those who think it is, but I have found in my lifetime, talking to people my age and coming to grips with my own sexuality, that it isn't a choice.

That aside, I think everyone is a tad bit bisexual, simply because you can't have jealousy without being it, an you can't look at another person and view them as a threat towards your partner without 'checking them out', as it goes. It's just impossible to think you're 'hotter,' or more attractive if you are not conscious of a person's sexuality, or how they look, or how someone who's attracted to them works.

Gay Marriage = A go, in my book.

Sorry if any of this is a bit redundant.

" Do not be misled; They say 'judge not,' but they send to hell all that is different." - Nekete.
" Those who were seen dancing were deemed insane by those who could not hear the music."

Storm Obsession

• Tier 6
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 06:00:03 AM »
I think everyone's feedback would be nice, and your views are quite similar to some of my friends'.
I'm wondering, since I myself don't think that it's unnatural to love someone of the same gender like that, then why does everyone usually at some point of time have a crush on one of the same gender? (My teacher told us that in our first year of being in a single-gender school and she's married now. She was reassuring us that senior crushes didn't mean we were...like, homosexual)

I have lost count of the girls I've seen kissing in the shopping mall a few bus stops away from my school. It makes me shudder a bit. Even though I have nothing personal against homosexuals.
Oh wait, PDA between heterosexual couples make me shudder too. Never mind then.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 06:29:15 AM »
I still don't get the senior crushes thing. I don't even know many seniors, and the ones in Red Cross freak me out. I have no idea why Hazel was so obsessed over one of them.

I have nothing against gay people. I have something against lesbianism, though. Probably because I'm biased, since the former is awesome somehow.

*shot*