Author Topic: A few casual piano recordings.  (Read 3596 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
A few casual piano recordings.
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »
Was in the piano room the other day and recorded some stuff for fun; they're all casual though so there're mistakes left and right. :P I was using my laptop's built-in mic, so it sometimes gets popped and the sound gets unbalanced and stuff.

Lilium from Elfen Lied:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/LiliumPiano.mp3

To Zanarkand from FF_(?):
http://quintessence-tbv.com/ToZanarkandPiano.mp3

Lyra's Melody:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/LyrasMelodyPiano.mp3

River Flows in You by (if I remember right) some Korean pianist:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/RFIYPiano.mp3

Where's this from (not Quintessence)? :P :
http://quintessence-tbv.com/avpiano.mp3

Random stuff, was just messing around and left the mic on:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/RandomPiano.mp3

Edit:
P.S. Second half of To Realize's lyrics w/demo-mockup recording: http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?topic=1059.0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:26:00 PM by Reives »

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: A few casual piano recordings.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »
How'd you get so good at piano? Those flourishes in Lilium are incredible.

:KOT:

Where's this from (not Quintessence)? :P :
http://freebirdgames.com/avpiano.mp3

Does this mean you're playing Aveyond?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:33:57 AM by Question Mark? »
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
Thanks. c': But to be honest I'm not that good, it's just that I play a few songs very often so I get used to those specific songs - I'll probably get destroyed by some simple song of Mozart's, heheh.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
@abi: LOL! That's the title theme of Aveyond 1.  Its entitled "Welcome to the Shire" by Walz Music. ;)
http://www.walzmusic.com/aaronwalzwelcometotheshiresample.mp3

Those are great, Reives! XD Its worthwhile listening all over again.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
I still think of it as 'Sedona,' since that's what it's titled in the file I stole from the game folder. Oh, yeah, Reives you should learn 'Field of Wind!' It has such a 'fateful' atmosphere, like celtic and hopeful and adventurous! (I totally still ned to order 'From Another Shore')
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 02:30:56 AM »
Oh I forgot to answer the playing Aveyond question. I played some of it, and it's on my to-finish list that I hope to go through in the future. c:

I just listened to the Field of Wind in the folder; the one I have is midi, but I can definitely hear what you mean by the fateful-ish atmosphere. I can just imagine how nice it sounds with the real recording and all. c':

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »
I listened to the rest of them, and you're lying about piano. Do you mean you can't sight read, mostly? Hehe, the random file is fun, I recognized a bunch of stuff. :)

:DOT:

If you only have the MIDI tracks for Aveyond, you should go here (http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14) and download the music pack. It's most of the way down the page. It replaces almost all of the MIDI tracks in the game. (Trust, me you'll thank me when you get to Veldt for sure.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:46:18 AM by abigailian »

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 07:15:18 PM »
What were all of the songs in your Random Piano playing? My brother and I were listening to it before, we thought that some of them sounded familiar, but all we could recognize was the little mermaid song.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:49 PM »
There was a bit that was pretty much 'Promise' from the Quintessence OST. I don't remember what else I recognized.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 12:58:10 AM »
Yeah, I can't sight read at all, which is somewhat strange considering that I compose on sheet music (although, Finale plays out the note's sound as I'm putting it down, which is probably why).

I downloaded that sound pack from Aveyond; the Field of Wind one's really cool. I liked the composition more than the recording though. The flute's part was really well done, but the recording for the strings with the echo seemed to be a bit too cluttered at times - a great piece underneath none the less, though!

As for that random.mp3, hm, I think for the most part it's just random cliche chord progressions. The sourceable ones I remember that were in there were Promise, Aveyond and that Part of Your World bit. c:

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 02:21:35 AM »
Yeah, I can't sight read at all, which is somewhat strange considering that I compose on sheet music (although, Finale plays out the note's sound as I'm putting it down, which is probably why).

Then again not sight reading is harder than playing by ear...  And easier than learning to sight read several instruments and shifting Clefts...

(THe only difference between violin and Viola is the highest and lowest notes...  The difference between viola and cello is too much for me to even figure out...)
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »
As for that random.mp3, hm, I think for the most part it's just random cliche chord progressions. The sourceable ones I remember that were in there were Promise, Aveyond and that Part of Your World bit. c:
There was a bit that was pretty much 'Promise' from the Quintessence OST. I don't remember what else I recognized.

Okay, I had thought that I recognized a Quintessence song, but I couldn't figure out which one it was. Thanks!

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
Wow, this is great.

1) Hehe, Lilium is a great song. I like your playing, I think in the Elfen Lied OST there were about 4-6 different versions of Lilium (opening, music box, saint, etc.)
From what you played this is Ė in my opinion Ė the best song, although the others were also great. I didnít knew you can play piano so well-

2) Itís from FFX. Very nice, although it sounds improvisational at some parts (at least the left hand). But thatís not a bad thing. I would love  hear some songs from Quintessence Ė besides TR Ė, e.g. Kaire or Into the Memory for piano. :)

3) I think I didnít recognozed the songs from the LM title screen demo, but Iím not sure. However, very nice. Quite fast at times and very emotional.  :reivsmile:

6) Hehe, Iím currently listening to it. I recognized promise and Ė I think Ė some other songs. This is an (semi?-)improvisation, isnít it? Sounds wonderful, although it is not easy to follow. ícause there are a lot of change-of-moods.

Simply great Ė you really have skill. And you never had any piano lessens, right? That encourages me to practice, although I think Iíll never be able to play with both hands Ė donít have the coordination yet.

P.S. To Zanarkand is great, I know, but you should try Aerithís Theme from Final Fantasy VII the next time. The piano versions beats To Zanarkand.   :P
Evidence:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:03:18 PM by Squall »

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »
I was almost going to suggest Aerith's theme too.  :)