Author Topic: Fallen Champion  (Read 3000 times)

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Fallen Champion
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »
Fallen Champion

What:

Fallen Champion is my first RPG/Practice Design for RMXP.  It will be a combination of an RPG and a Cinematic Story.  This design is for me to finally make the final adjustments into RMXP so I can start working on my ideas.  It utilizes various combinations of the standard tilesets for my own unique map layouts.  Fallen Champion is my first "Unique" story, where I have built the story around the map rather than trying to build the map from the story.

Fallen Champion is also very special.  It takes every story and practice game I've made to build a solitary world that is strange and unknown.

Features:

Fallen Champion will include, but is not limited to:
  • A unique and thrilling story about a Templar Champion, Valix, who is the greatest protector of the Oracle, and the rise of a Demon Lord in the ashes' of a once-great temple.
  • A mixture of an indepth Cinematic Story and Entertaining RPG game play
  • A mixture of Quests, Side-Quests and Tasks.
  • Tasks - specific jobs involving skills to collect items or protect objectives to earn weapons, money and favors.
  • A rich and exciting world where the bridge between the spirit realm and the real world is closer than one might believe.
  • Grand cities and temples, massive forests and cavers, adventure in every turn.
  • Indepth Character profiles that bring their own lives to a new and fasinating level

The Story:

Valix is a Templar Champion.  Taught by his weapons master, one of the seven High Templar, Valix is skilled with his Honor Blade, the sword of the Templar.  Peace is a constant through the lands while the High Oracle controls the Temple of the Godess, and as her champion Valix is sworn to protect her with his very life.  Then one day a cloaked figure intrudes upon the Grand Hall and begins to dispatch the Templar Guard.  Three others soon arrive and Valix faces off against two of the four.

His victory ends shortly after he kills one of these mysterious men, when the other two assassinate the High Oracle while he is forced into combat.  He quickly tacks down another as the final two begin a strange summons, opening a portal to the Demonic Realm.  The Dark Assassins are Sumoning a Demon Lord from the abyss and while Valix manages to kill one of the remaining two figures, the last one hits him from behind.

The Demon Lord has emerged but the fatalaty of one of his summoners has left him weak and forces the Dark Lord to brood in his new fortress while his power slowly begins to grow.  Valix is stripped of his Honor Blade and left to die when a Huntress named Krystal rescues this once-great champion.  Now Valix must find the new Oracle before the Demon Lord comes to power, but without his Honor Blade he has no hope to defeat the demonic armies that emerge from the other realm.

Will Valix succeed in finding the Oracle and regaining his lost Honor Blade?  Or will the Demon Lord rule the lands with his new Chaos Blade?

Characters:

Spoiler: show
Name: Valix
Title: Templar Champion
Weapon: Honor Blade
Bio: Valix was ophaned as a child.  He was found by a High Templar when he tried to sneak into the Temple Grounds for food.  The High Templar took pity on the boy and raised him like his own pupil and son.  For the next 15 years Valix would train with little or no breaks until, at the age of 19, the High Oracle became interested in this young Templar.  It wasn't until 4 years later he became Templar Champion.

Whenever he isn't by the Oracle's side he is back at his master's, the High Templar, house and practicing to perfect his skills with his Honor Blade.  Valix is known by every Cleric and Templar in the land and highly respected.

When he was 10, Valix met a woman by the name of Krystal.  She was practicing her archery the day they ran into each other.  While they sometimes argue or fail to cooperate, they know that the other is the only one they can really trust.

Place in RPG: Valix is the main character.  It is through his point of view the story will follow the most often.

Name: Krystal
Title: Huntress
Weapon: Enchanted Bow
Bio: Not much is known from Krystal's past except she is the daughter of some important family or person.  She became a Huntress's apprentice at the age of 10 and became a full Huntress at 22.  Her aim is almost unmatched and her skill with the bow rivals Valix's skill with the Honor Blade.

Krystal disappeared for 10 years, only a few months after becoming a Huntress...  After the first three years under the beliefe she was off on some job a search went out to find her...  2 years after the searches revealed nothing it was believed that Krystal had died and all searches were called off after concluding the worst.  When Krystal returned she gave a broken report on her events but her mind was so troubled that no one pressed further into what happened.

Only Valix can't shake the feeling that Krystal hadn't returned completely and he has been watching out for her since then.

Krystal is usually laid back and easy, unless she has some task or job to complete, then she goes at it without end until it is finished.  She is friends with Valix bu tusually has little to say.

Place in RPG: Krystal saves Valix after his defeat in the Temple.  Deciding they should stay together, Krystal travels with Valix and where his search takes him.

Name: Asarn
Title: High Templar
Weapon: Honor Blade
Bio: Apart from being the man to take Valix as his own and train him as a Templar Asarn is a mystery.  Even those that know him don't know his name, and he is only adressed as High Templar.  To Valix he isn;t a father but Master.

Wise in his years, Asarn is a skilled Weapons Master and is one of the seven High Templar.  He has fought countless wars and battles for the Goddess and now trains new pupils searching for honor under the Templar.

Place in RPG: Asarn is Valix's Weapon Master and one of the seven High Templar.

Name: Mercy
Title: Fallen Champion
Weapon: Chaos Blade "Vengence"
Bio: Mercy is a Demon spawn from the other realm.  Almost 400 years ago, Mercy was a Templar Champion that went against his codes and brutily slaughtered 5 High Oracles.  The Goddess captured Mercy and stript him of his powers and sentient identity and flung the wretch into the depths of the Abyss.

Mercy is no longer human and has long since changed to his twisted form he now holds.  His Honor Blade, once a worthless blade, now contains the verry essence of the Abyss's corruption.  Mercy was the demon's name by choice to be a cruel insult to his slow and painful deaths.  Even demons that became his victoms would have pleaded for torture rather than his techniques.

Mercy serves the Demon Lord, yet his is still held in the demonic plain, but if he is eventually freed, along with his 4 other fiends, the light of the goddess will surly leave the lands.  Mercy would personally make sure of it...

Place in RPG: Mercy is a demon and a Fallen Champion.  One of the 5 Fallen Brethren

Name: Torment
Weapon: Chaos Blade "Sacralige"
Bio: Torment is a Demon spawn from the other realm.  A little more than 300 years ago, Torment was a Templar Champion that went against his codes and was also the young Templar, with the help of the godess, who put down Mercy.  It took 3 High Templar and 2 Templar Champions to bring him down.  As punishment he was banished into the Abyss.

Torment is no longer human and has long since changed to his twisted form he now holds.  His Honor Blade, once a worthless blade, now contains the verry essence of the Abyss's corruption.  Torment was the name given to him by those Templar who fought him and it has since been bunered in as his identity.  Torment quickly met up with Mercy and they joined their goals as one.

Torment serves the Demon Lord, yet his is still held in the demonic plain, but if he is eventually freed, along with his 4 other fiends, the light of the goddess will surly leave the lands.  Torment's first goal would be to destroy the High Clerics that ward the Temple of the Goddess

Place in RPG: Torment is a demon and a Fallen Champion.  One of the 5 Fallen Brethren

Name: Anguish
Weapon: Chaos Blade "Despare"
Bio: Anguish is a Demon spawn from the other realm.  Almost 300 years ago, Anguish was a High Templar that went against his codes and slew his master and killed countless Templars before he was caught.  The Goddess captured Anguish and stript him of his powers and sentient identity and banished this betrayer into the depths of the Abyss.

Anguish is no longer human and has long since changed to his twisted form he now holds.  His Honor Blade, once a worthless blade, now contains the verry essence of the Abyss's corruption.  Anguish was a only word on the deomon's lips when he was cast into the desolate void, and it has now become a feared name.  He soon joined Mercy and Torment out fo hate for the Goddess.

Anguish serves the Demon Lord, yet his is still held in the demonic plain, but if he is eventually freed, along with his 4 other fiends, the light of the goddess will surly leave the lands.  Anguish has vowed to brutally masacre the High Templars

Place in RPG: Anguish is a demon and a Fallen Champion.  One of the 5 Fallen Brethren

Name: Carnage
Weapon: Chaos Blade "Blasphamy"
Bio: Carnage is a Demon spawn from the other realm.  Exactly 200 years ago, Carnage was a Templar Elite, the highest rank of Templar below High Templar and Templar Champion that went against his codes and attempted to bring the three greater Fallen Champions from the Abyss.  Carnage sacrificed several of the other Templar Elite and the current Templar Champion.  Before the final momets of the summons could be completed the High Clerics silenced his spell and the aftermath pulled Carnage himself into the portal he failed to open.

Carnage is no longer human and has long since changed to his twisted form he now holds.  His Honor Blade, once a worthless blade, now contains the verry essence of the Abyss's corruption.  Carnage was the only word that could describe his acts against the goddess and when a High Cleric muttered it, as he was torn from the living realm, it became a fitting name for one no longer human.  He soon joined The Greater Three wishing for vengence in his own name.

Carnage serves the Demon Lord, yet his is still held in the demonic plain, but if he is eventually freed, along with his 4 other fiends, the light of the goddess will surly leave the lands.  Carnage has been placed with the honor of erradicating the lower Templars, too weak to be seen in the eyes of the Greater Three.

Place in RPG: Carnage is a demon and a Fallen Champion.  One of the 5 Fallen Brethren

Name: Feral
Weapon: Chaos Blade "Defiler"
Bio: Feral is a Demon spawn from the other realm.  Known as the day of Catastrophe, while Feral was still a High Templar, Artemis, Feral's Human name, suddenly turned against the goddess and her teachings.  When two Templar Elites came to detain him, he killed them in a feral rage and fled across the land.  He was eventually hunted down by the Templar Champion before Valix and his time.  THe fight was long and brutal, leaving Feral dead and the Templar Champion critically wounded, dieing before help arrived.  As punishment for forsaking his oath and pledge in the "High Language" Feral was damned to the Abyss.

Feral is a half-demon, too yong to lose his human side but older and far mroe twisted than a normal human.  His Honor Blade, once a worthless blade, now contains the verry essence of the Abyss's corruption, though it is still weak and has yet to strengthen like that of the four above him.  Feral gained his name because after he cast aside his high oaths, all manner of humanity and sentience left him and he became a Feral Beast.  He soon joined The Greater Three and Carnage wishing for vengence in his own name.

Feral serves the Demon Lord, yet his is still held in the demonic plain, but if he is eventually freed, along with his 4 other fiends, the light of the goddess will surly leave the lands.  Feral is promised the first strike against the Templar Champion, Valix, since his half-demon form allows him to shape shift between the two.

Place in RPG: Feral is a half-demon and a Fallen Champion.  One of the 5 Fallen Brethren.

Screen Shots:

Lazy Outskirts

Toll Bridge

Misting Forest

NOTE:

1. Any help or advice is appreciated.

2. After making a quick scan through my game I have hit a small speed bump.  While main quests and tasks are covered, Side quests have, unfortunetly been the middle child so far.  I am accepting Side quest ideas and stories, just PM me about it and I will review it and let you know.  As my thanks I will make the activating character a name you choose (Please be appropriate and serious) and make a character for it.  Unless you have specific views on the character itself.  Those details can be worked out later.

3. The Battle system is going through a small test so I can determin how to run it...  Do to the small size of the Misting Forest(See Pictures above) I cannot even fit most of them in....  Insead there are random tiles called "Battle Tiles" across the map.  When activated the player is teleported to one of many "Battle Maps".  On the battle maps are usually 2-5 stationary, yet moving, monsters.  Each monster will hold 1-3 enemies...

It might seem like a lot but the Misting Forest is the key area to the game in order to gain levels.  Since this will be slightly more story than RPG, I want players to have a chance to gain levels to make the game easier.  Confruntations with antagonists will be Cinematic/fight/cinematic in that order...  So don't assume since you are Level 1 and it has been a story that the fight will be like those in the beginning.

This is my twist on an in-game story and RPG and I am trying to get the best of both worlds without overdoing it.  The other battle systems might be random troops or actual advancing enemies, but in the Misting Forest (do to lack of sight) the Battle Tiles without Random Troops is the best possible work.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:48:40 AM by Hunter_Killer »
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Moony

• 満月がとても美しいですね。
  • Tier 7
    • Website
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Fallen Champion
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:43:05 AM »
This sounds interesting.  :)
Screenshots are nice but i found some bugs.
http://meelika.myportfolio.com/ - photography portfolio
http://wanderstarstudios.com/ - game Rax & I are working on

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »
Hey :)

The story sounds interesting and especially the style you mentioned in the beginning.
The maps look very nice, good work. I would really like to play this game.

Two tips:
1) Use those two Autotiles instead of the standards, they donít look realistic.
or and
2) Changing the screen color tone can have some nice effects. If you increase red a little (20~30) the screen gets a warmer atmosphere, blue creates a colder atmosphere etc. Try it. :)

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
thank you for the advice...  those are relativly new maps so I do have a lot of work left...

The shade and background in game I'm leaving alone till I am sure all the other events are working correctly and the map is just right...

I hand't thought of the water one yet... I mean I saw it but it never registered...
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
Update:

See main post.
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
Your game sounds interesting. As for the side quest issue, what kind of side quests do you need?

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
anything right now, from the dreaded nonstop trading to rescue missions to artifacts.  I just foun another set back, I havto either find or make up a tile set with a sercular wall, not an outwards curve like the walls but an inwards curve like the slanted tiles only circle...
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:49:18 AM »
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.